Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Oh good lord its still so so fucking good, also highlights the absolute bollocks of rising. Think i'ma rinse Evo for a good while.
  • Got this now thanks to moot!
  • o/

I was up at 5am, I'm finished.  Got to run around Gambados for an hour after work today too.  

Totally worth it though, will post pics.
  • Do the leaderboards still work on pc for Evo?
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    o/ I was up at 5am, I'm finished.  Got to run around Gambados for an hour after work today too.   Totally worth it though, will post pics.

Uh-huh, yeah!

Hang on, that's Jennifer Connelly in the video. That is definitely alright. Thanks for making me aware of this.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Got to run around Gambados for an hour after work today too.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambado

:o
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    voices wrote:
    Do the leaderboards still work on pc for Evo?

Yup, we just don't have the dlc.
  • Evo is backwards compatibale on xbox one now apparently
  • voices wrote:
    Some of the first obstacles in these tracks are deceptively hard. Which ones in particular are you having a problem with? I have a method for some of them so I might be able to add some insight.

The very first obstacle on Inferno 5 is one of the hardest obstacles on the helium.

I think I might actually just have the DLC ones unlocked for now. So Warehouse (got over the first bit there) and Plane Graveyard is it? Couldn't make much progress in that one
  • Ouch, the first 3 obstacles of warehouse are tough. There’s a technique to the first 2 (checkpoints 0 and 1) but checkpoint 2 is a tough one that might be a blocker. It’s all timing on the brake, but anticipate a time out there...

For checkpoint zero hold forward off the line, then lean back as you accelerate up the ramp. Your back wheel should have risen up off the ramp by the time you get to the top, so when you push forward to bunny hop for extra height you will go more up than across. Hit the lip with your back wheel slightly and Hold right when you get to the top, and while holding your throttle tap your brake (fap) and you will hopefully get up. I’m about 80% successful with that.

For checkpoint 1, bunny hop your back wheel onto the first pipe and hold back. Bunny hop the last jump only, unless it’s going badly in which case do whatever it takes to try to brute force it across. That doesn’t usually go well.

For checkpoint 2 you need more speed than the checkpoint reset position implies. I’d have to watch my replays to give decent info as it’s just done by feel. you want to brake just under the first barrel I think but it depends on speed and luck. I can get this at most 50%, and probably a fair bit less consistent than that. This is the hardest obstacle on the track, but near the start so not so bad.

• Worth noting that the dlc extremes are harder than all the other extremes bar inferno 5.
  • I'm up for another weekly challenge (Fusion or Evo now), they didn't last long enough this time.
  • I just unlocked the normal extreme so I'll try those. But yeah I got up to the weird barrel obstacle and it seems nuts. I'll try again at some point. Thanks for the tips
  • Is anyone still playing this? I'm still rinsing it, but I'll admit it's getting harder to make the decision to play. Once I'm in I'm in, but when I'm firing it up it feels like a chore.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Sporadically but I'm not really arsed about setting any times.
  • I've set a few decent ones recently. Feel like I'm getting a bit better, but it's slow progress. At some point I'm going to have to buy a new controller because the game is seriously hard on the analogue sticks.
  • I'm enjoying it so far
  • It would be nice if we could add each other and see times on our friends list (cross platform).
  • I'm playing on and off, but only to progress through the tediously set out single player. The dlc stages are quality, but I haven't TT'd any yet, just get gold and go.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Wish I was still playing it but being shit at it, the slow interface and no fun (imo) contracts aren't making it very appealing to start. Mario Odyssey has won the "games with short goals" pick up lately. (I've started baking bread once a week and these games are ideal while waiting for the dough to rise etc, can always pause for a quick look to see if everything's still OK in the kitchen)
    voices wrote:
    It would be nice if we could add each other and see times on our friends list (cross platform).
    This would be nice to.

• I would have extremely risen bread if I was playing trails while it was proving. Everything would be sourdough.

The contracts on the dlc tracks are a bit better. If they're going to continue to inflict the stupid UI on us, then I wish we could at least hide them from the world map.

Patch at some point this month. I am not holding my breath. Maybe they'll break the replays even more?
  • Two videos from tonight's runs:

I took a second off my previous best for an unexpected diamond. Nailed the difficult/inconsistent ending while a second up.

This one I'm really proud of, despite it not being a super fast run. It's a few seconds off a diamond, around 200th. I'm proud because yesterday I couldn't do the second shortcut more than 1 in 20 times, but today it just clicked.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nicely done lad. I like how we have a completely different riding style!
  • It really comes through on the second run, where I was just trying to be consistent and hit both shortcuts. That's my driving style without polish, plus a rush of blood immediately after I hit the skip towards the end. Schoolboy.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Heh I think we all panic sometimes when we nail a shortcut that's a bastard. Even dubs.
  • My brain was thinking "holy shit you just hit both shortcuts this is a definite world record" and I forgot to drive. 

It's not even close to a world record.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The best is nailing it, one or two obstacles left and you just crack ya head or fuck up a rotation and run ends, knowing its prob a top 25 global time.

Then playing the track for two more hours and coming nowhere near that run.

Makes it all the more lol when I watch nova/borads on Twitch and they're just hitting runs I can only dream of every couple of minutes. Nova is outright insane when in the flow, seeing him smash WRs by .6 like its nothing.

But then he is 17.
  • I don't think Borads is much older, and was probably 14/15 when he picked it up. It's sad to think it doesn't matter how much you try, we'll never get that good. Brains got too many plaques in it.

Having said that, these boys have put thousands of hours into the games, and it definitely carries over. If you can slide everything, back wheel bounce 99.99% of the time and judge your speed on every lip, then no wonder these guys are smashing records.

I watched a replay of Nova dark storm, I think (recognise from trials evo, though not sure), and he drove a completely different line to everyone else and still got a diamond time. Just brute forcing the whole track with real wheel bounces. It was insane, and so far above my skill level.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!