Trials Rising - February 2019
  • You can borrow my copy if you want Yoss, I've not hit this as hard as I thought I would and 90% of my time has been spent with the pretty-good-really Switch version.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Cheers for the offer, but I’m happy to pick myself up a copy at the right price, just trying to work out whether or not this is the right price yet.
  • I'd say £15.99 is Right Price, I haven't touched the dlc packs yet (assuming they're already out).  Treat yourself to the barebones ed.
  • DLC isn’t out yet.

That wall at the end really is a vertical climb, which is just as silly as it sounds. On the mantis it requires absolute ninja skills, which I do not have.
  • Have we got a track on the go at the mo?  Might give this some time tonight.
  • I think it's still True Scotsman, but it looks to have died a death. I've definitely got no interest in playing anything other than the extremes/ninjas right now.

Unlock the extremes if you've got some spare time - then we can have some fun trading times.
  • If it died a death then Dubs won by lots of points. Lets say 50.
  • I think I've only ever zero faulted two extremes (the first two on Evo).  It's a bit out of my comfort zone.  Can you pick me an early to mid unlock hard track to mess about on pls?  Think I've only got two sets unlocked in this so far.
  • The UI is such a mess I couldn’t tell you which ones are early or late unlocks.

Seoul searching is good
    UK upper is good
    Ever Everett Everest is excellent (but a late unlock)
    Black gold is ok, with a crazy platinum so worth some time
    Red steel is another ok track with a very hard platinum

The early extremes are the place to get better, rather than the hard tracks. Hard and medium are the same once you are trying to set a decent time.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This really hasn't gripped me like I thought it would, sadly.
  • I'm loving it, but there is so much that they need to fix, and it's a shame. If they could take the levels and put them into Evo's UI....
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I think there's just too many tracks. Never thought I'd say that but I have that thing where there's so many I can't settle on what to play so end up doing a couple runs on everything then quitting.
  • Still playing. Feel like I'm getting better.

I miss you guys and the competition :(

Edit: as in just  the general competition. Not the actual ongoing competition.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    If this PC gets bought voices I'll be on PC to join ya mate. Might get the vibe back then.
  • I think that's a huge part of it. There are zero people on my friends list, so I have no context for some of my runs. At the moment I'm just like...top 500 is alright. Try to get a bit better and top that on tracks I find fun.
  • I randomly got a diamond on one of the skill games a few days ago while trying to get the platinum, and thought nothing of it. Turns out all but 50 of the diamonds on that track are glitched, so yay, go me. I've got 4 of the shiniest medals now, with two on tracks.

• Gief more diamond :(

I'll come back to this if I get better.
  • Patch drops today. Hopefully it will fix all of the bugs (which I haven't experienced really), and sorts out the ghost issues people are having on the stadium finals.
  • It's probably not worth hoping for a 60fps patch for Switch, but I live in hope.
  • Hahaha, that’s definitely not going to happen. I hope they fix the odd network stutter at least.

Fixes and improvements to the track central UI are most important to me.
  • My glimmer of hope is the fact that Fusion ran at 60fps on 360, but I guess this is a new engine etc.  Plus they patched it into to Dead Cells. 
    Spoiler:
  • 18gb patch - wow.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Think it redownloads the entire game lol
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Pre-patch replays are absolutely fucked lol
  • I've been away so I'll be back on this when I get home next week. I still haven't unlocked the extreme tracks
  • Pre-patch replays are absolutely fucked lol
    Yep, they seem to go wrong when something happens on the environment. It’s a bit annoying as I wanted to check how the top runs did some obstacles last night. Instead I content myself with spending an hour on an extreme track to take off 4 seconds (out of about a minute to come off). I’m so bad at the extremes.

Replays need to be fixed ASAP.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    DLC IS OUT AND IT HAS A BIT OF TRIALS HD IN IT HOLD ME HOLD ME CLOSE
  • Which tracks?  Classic?

Edit: Do you have to grind to unlock anything within the dlc or is it dumped in one?  I bought the gold edition on Bone and Switch.
  • I saw that there was a warhouse HD track - nice.

This game is so broken though. I love it, but our relationship is seriously abusive. Track central and replays not working as they are supposed to is unacceptable.
  • I've played a bit of the dlc and I've really enjoyed it. The tracks that I've played (all the mediums) flow really nicely (except for one; ironically the only one I saw DS had posted a time for), and some have an absolutely beautiful driving line. These tracks, perhaps even more so than the main gain, show the level of attention that has gone into the tracks to create an engaging experience that works at all levels. 

They are absolutely crammed with little time savers, and demands for subtle techniques which shave seconds off your time. If anything, the number of slides required in each track is too much. One of the rhino tracks (in a deserty type setting) is just slide after slide after slide to the end, with one slide leading to a shortcut which is as easy to overshoot as it is to undershoot - I haven't managed to hit it yet. 

The second medium stadium final has 2 back to back break slides, an uphill hop to a slide shortcut followed by another slide (I guess - replays aren't available so I can't check what other people are doing on that). SO MANY SLIDES.

Anyway - DS you will love both of those tracks.

All of that, stuffed into the worst UI that has ever been in a game. Tracks are too cluttered. Sorting is clunky. Leader boards are not available at a glance. It's all so backwards and really takes away from the experience.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!