Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • Nice. Credit to the game that folks will stick with the grind even when they're nearly done. Then as soon as you switch character things are gravy again.

Up to ac11 with hexa. Turns out snecko and dead branch are ridic with it too. So smashed it.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Ffs.
  • Cheers for heads up
  • It's back and safe again and I beat ac12 this morning with hexa. Actually managed to get the 6 seals off.
  • Glad to hear that's sorted and grats on the ac12!
  • Been slowly climbing with Defect over the xmas / ny period, up to asc14 now.

I'm finding Defect pretty easy to clear asc levels so far, but I'm sure on the subreddit folks say he's difficult, probably when you hit that spike at asc17+. For now though I'm not finding it as difficult as Silent. Perhaps this is just because I've got generally better at the game having done the climb to A20 with Ironclad and Silent.

Sidenote: only realised the other day that each of the three main classes have a 'form' - demon form, wraith form and echo form. I miss the obvious sometimes it seems. Echo form for Defect is just an instant pick for me atm and I'll happily take damage to the face to play it as it just guarantees so many quick ends following that turn.

Picked a heart kill up on asc11 also but no others for now.

Looking forward to hitting asc17 as that's really where things start getting tricky.
  • Don't forget the mostly pointless deva form on watcher!

I'm awful at defect, by far my worst character and the one I have the least wins on. Dunno why I struggle so much with them.
  • Ah I should've guessed. I haven't touched watcher since getting an asc0 clear way back when I first unlocked her, leaving her as a bonus for when I've a20 heart kills done for the three mains, but I didn't like her back when I played her. Probably didn't give her enough time but I remember reading someone (maybe Jorbs?) say she feels like a really good mod character and I can kinda see that.

With defect I'm taking things like overclock, turbo and aggregate a lot more and it's really accelerating my decks. Previously I'd avoid cards that had a negative attached like adding burns or voids, but outside of elites and bosses they rarely make an impact as fights are over before they cycle round.
  • I've been doing a lot of dailies the past month to get back into it. Think of getting the hang of things but the modifiers can be a bit too extreme. Had my first heart run the other day, was interesting to see the final act but didn't stand a chance. Need to work on deck building as the generosity of dailies can make that part too easy.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Ac15 with hexa. Got juju bracelet early which meant lots of ? Rooms which meant lots of relics which meant stumbled on some silly synergies and smashed it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    the fuck

a.png
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Literally figured as I posted it, Mark of the Bloom. I'm an idiot.
  • Haha I think everyone has been there
  • Haha I think everyone has been there
  • Comes up on the reg in the subreddit, so much so there's a running wall:

https://www.reddit.com/r/slaythespire/s/gxcUxnacYB
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Haha class, first time its happened to me in over 500 hours
  • Had an awesome modded A10 heart win with Ironclad earlier where I boss swapped on floor 1 into a relic that replaces all hallway fights with elites. 

Shat myself when I realised what it did.
  • At some point I'm assuming I'll get tired of playing this. I'm at the point I'd quite like that to happen so I presume I'm venturing into harmful addiction.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Cleared A20 with Defect, got stuck on A14 for a while but managed to get through the last few ascensions pretty quickly. Helped that I didn't get Awakened One in the boss gauntlet at 20, Defect's bane that he is.

Took me until the last couple of ascensions to really get to grips with the broken-ness of Biased Cog + Pellets; I was aware of the combo for ages but never really pursued it because for some reason I didn't think it'd trigger on the same turn, but ofc it does. Absolutely breezed A19 with it, totally broken.

Anyway, feels good to get the three mains all cleared A20, going to start Watcher from A0 soonish but not going to main her the whole climb like I did with the others, I'll be rotating at this point and going for A20 Heart kills with the reset.
  • A20 Heart done with Ironclad, very satisfying deck using flex+limit break to scale, barricade and entrench block engine, reaper to heal chunks and dark embrace + corruption to thin the deck down to <5 cards during battles, sundial meant I was shuffling loads and getting the energy boost, nearly went infinite but not quite, enough to leave shield and spear on full 80+ health tho, and the Heart didn't give me much issue either, was lucky with a barricade straight off from a power potion so could get my block up nice and high then just scale strength quickly and go from there.

Not had as much success with the others yet, only tried Silent, made it to the heart a few times but quickly killed. Going to put my efforts here now for a bit (silent A20H) then back to Defect for the same.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Comes up on the reg in the subreddit, so much so there's a running wall:

https://www.reddit.com/r/slaythespire/s/gxcUxnacYB

Like clockwork

https://www.reddit.com/r/slaythespire/s/jnOwfvkAg3
  • I don't think I've ever chose not to heal.
  • That's crazy, the 'fight a boss from Act 1' is pretty much an auto-pick for me there as it's a free relic - rarely, if ever, take damage from an Act 1 boss at that point. I'd take the 999 gold if I had an omamori or there was a shop straight after to get rid of at least one of the normalities, but I think 99% I pick the free relic for Act 1 boss.
  • I mean, I never choose the don't heal again option (mark of the bloom).
  • Ah I'm idiot, misread. Yeah deffo
  • Nah, it does read like I always choose to heal.
  • That's A20H done with Silent now too, had a really good poison deck just fall into my lap pretty much, cards, relics etc, and had a couple of upgraded catalysts, 30 cards but a fair few that exhaust so once I'd cycled once I was drawing what I needed consistently. Took me a while to get the H kill on A20 here, made it to the second in the boss gauntlet a few times but rarely made it to Act 4. Happy that's done and time to shift onto Defect again for the same.

I did do an A0 run with Watcher last week or so but I really don't find her enjoyable to play at all, perhaps it's because I haven't touched her in about two years or so, but she's just not fun for me atm so I think I'll leave her alone entirely, for now at least. Who knows, once I have Defect A20H done I may return to her.
  • Reasonably credible speculation that mega crit will reveal their next game at the iii thing in April. Probably my most hyped to see gaming thing but definitely a tough second album.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!