Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    27 new third person action adventure games and MTV Music Generator 4.
  • I think Sony will do a ‘one more thing’ and talk about next-gen PSVR. 

Microsoft are staying away from VR and Sony know they have an opportunity to show something that’s a clear differentiator. Even the mythical granny buying one for a child can see that PS comes with a fancy hat and Xbox doesn’t.
  • I'm fully prepared for watching FIFA menus followed by 20 minutes of Ubisoft that looks like slightly prettier current gen Ubisoft.

Then some title cards with some dates like 2021 or Coming Soon, all of which will launch late 2023 at the earliest.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Beyond Good And Evil 2 honestly lads it's coming here's Joseph Gordon Levitt
  • Haha. Spot on.
  • Maybe Metal Gear Solid 4 can be saved from the PS3 isolation too.
  • Wipeout could come back.

• Wipeout could come back.

True, but Studio Liverpool was shuttered a while back. So, it’d be a new team.
  • By gameplay i mean an actual person playing it. I susoect it will be loads of render footage, but sony are clever so might actually show some prerecorded gameplay.

Wipeout should come back, fuck grantouryawno
    PSN - minkymu
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I cant wait to see this space toilet running.
    Minkymu wrote:
    Its going to be flush with games

Wipeout seems inevitable.
  • Next gen Yakuza is gonna fuck so hard I can't wait
  • They can get away with it: remember when they rode out of E3 as champs with just the names Shenmue 3 and FF7:R

That E3 was basically Shenmue 3, FF7 and Last Guardian IIRC.

Just goes to show how you should be careful what you wish for.

ie
    regmcfly wrote:
    Beyond Good And Evil 2 honestly lads it's coming here's Joseph Gordon Levitt

And Oddworld Fangus
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Rumour has it, Sony have bought a controlling share in Valve.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    HL3 Alyx VR exclusive to PSV VR!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Next gen Yakuza is gonna fuck so hard I can't wait

Yeah but that's not Like A Dragon. Gotta wait another while* for the real one.

Spoiler:
  • They’ll have to redo the engine and it’ll take about four hundred years.
  • They just switched to a new engine not too long ago.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    They just switched to a new engine not too long ago.

Absolutely boinked
  • While that’s true, they’re using it for Yakuza on Series X and the animation loooks older than the graphics underneath to the point it looks bad weird. Maybe the engine isn’t the problem but they’re going to have to make another leap in the quality of their output (or start making switch games :-P)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Where are we doing the PS5 presentation? In here?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Hang on, wrong day lol.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Sony wrote:
    The next gen doesn't start until ....
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    ... Matthew's uncle says so.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hahahahaha
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • This is interesting, linus tech tips apologising to tim sweeny about the ps5 ssd. Basically linus said sweeney was talking bollocks and linus was wrong. So he made a vid to apologise. About 5:45min in linus discusses some of the new ps5 tech and admits, in some aspects the ps5 and nextbox could leave the pc in third place as platform of choice to play games on for the gaming experience. Theres a few mins of tech geekiness but its interesting geekiness.

https://youtu.be/4ehDRCE1Z38

• Its probably been posted before, this thread moves fast, but this is Mark Cerny (PS5 tech architect) deep dive into ps5

https://youtu.be/KasVMOMWM-4
  • So i guess you guys have probably discussed the tech deep dive already. So apologies for reposting. However its an interesting watch. The SSD for ps5 has custom flash cache and i/o controller etc. So sony SSD is 5.5gb/s and if you want to add more storage to your ps5, you will need a PCIe 4.0 m.2 drive running at 7gb/s (they should be released by end of this year that at ps5 compatible) for it to be compatible. Basically it will need the higher speed to offset all the proprietary custom Sony hardware on their SSD.

It was also interesting that Mark Cerny said you would be best off using an external HD to play and store ps4 games rather than the ps5 ssd so it could be kept exclusively for ps5 games.

So the top 100 most played ps4 games will be backwards compatible at launch of ps5 with more to follow later.

The tempest engine for 3d audio sounds impressive. More powerful that all the current ps4 cores combined and thats just for audio. Plus if its not been fully utilised some of it can be used for processing of the game. 3d audio is a year by year approach, its fine tuned for headphones for ps5 at present (the gold standard at present). The tv speakers 3d audio is working but has a narrow sweet spot which they are trying to improve. Setups involving 6 speakers or more will be addressed later on. So at present if you get a ps5, headphones is the best experience.

Interesting that there will be 5 sample HRTF's to choose from when you setup your ps5.
  • I miss floppy disks.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Sony guy recommends using headphones for the Ps5 games reveal -

Shuman added that there will be a few treats in store for audiophiles as well, presumably pertaining to the PS5’s 3D audio technology: “It’s best if you watch while wearing headphones, if you can – there’s some cool audio work in the show, and it might be harder to appreciate if it’s pumped through your phone or laptop speakers.”

So might get a taste of what’s to come, audio wise.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Sounds good - I'm actually quite hyped for this!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!