The Next Next Gen Thread o/\o
  • Will we see it's final form?

Not until its hit points are depleted by 90% or more.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Ps5 listing went up on Amazon for £599.99
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • That's a big number
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Holy shit really? Games are £69.99 too.

Oooof.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Probably covering their backs for pre-order price promise guarentees
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Seems to have been for a 2tb version which sounds about right to me.
    A 2tb ssd is about £200, 1tb about £100. Manufacturers always, always over charge for internal storage.
    So maybe £450-£475 for a 1tb version? Doesnt seem completely out there.
  • Yeah I wouldn't expect the new consoles to be cheap, but even at £500 they're going to be great value in terms of the very capable and up to date hardware.
  • Adjusted for inflation the launch Xbox One would be £500 (PS4 £405).

I feel a 1tb version of either of these will offer better value at £500 than the Xbox did back then.
  • 2TB=two games 1TB=1game.
  • The Quest is £500, isn’t it? Feels about right.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    ^ £399 for the 64gb.

Used it virtually day every since May last year.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • £500 for 128gb, £400 for 64gb
    They really do take the absolute piss with storage price.
  • I guess I’m just saying that £499 to £599 seem reasonable prices for top-end new consoles at the moment. The Quest being £399 to £499 kinda supports that.

What was the Xbox One X at launch – £449? All seems to add up.
  • Do you think its possible especially nowadays with all the gaming news that we could have a Mario64 or Halo Combat Evolved for these new consoles? I dont see it, but i would love to be surprised by a AAA hit console seller game.
  • poprock wrote:
    I guess I’m just saying that £499 to £599 seem reasonable prices for top-end new consoles at the moment. The Quest being £399 to £499 kinda supports that.

The Xbox was £429, Ps4 was £349.
  • An 800+ hyper fast SSD plus the newest AMD CPUs and a whole load of other custom hardware?

The new consoles, both of them, will be at the upper end of console launch prices. But...that’s the price you’ll pay for having consoles launch at the cutting edge. Previous gen could be cheaper but they launched already mid-range in terms of spec.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    poprock wrote:
    I guess I’m just saying that £499 to £599 seem reasonable prices for top-end new consoles at the moment. The Quest being £399 to £499 kinda supports that.

Neither was as aggressive with tech as these two machines are. £450 minimum, likely more.
  • LivDiv wrote:

Aye.

Xbox One launch rrp = £429
    Xbox One X launch rrp = £449

PS4 launch rrp = £349
    PS4 Pro launch rrp = £349

Sony played it differently, eh?
  • What we will never be able to work out prior is what sort of a loss each manufacturer will be willing to take on units.
    Sony have had a better time of it this gen so should be in the money but those exclusives didnt come for free.
    Microsoft on the other hand have catching up to do but their focus on subscriptions offers a potentially more stable revenue stream.
  • Neither was as aggressive with tech as these two machines are. £450 minimum, likely more.

Microsoft are likely to push the ‘pay monthly’ idea. Xbox All Access. Ignore the high ticket price, get your console on a subscription. Moving to the mobile phone model.
  • poprock wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:

Aye.

Xbox One launch rrp = £429
    Xbox One X launch rrp = £449

PS4 launch rrp = £349
    PS4 Pro launch rrp = £349

Sony played it differently, eh?

Yeah, sold more and retained their prices better as well.
  • poprock wrote:
    Neither was as aggressive with tech as these two machines are. £450 minimum, likely more.
    Microsoft are likely to push the ‘pay monthly’ idea. Xbox All Access. Ignore the high ticket price, get your console on a subscription. Moving to the mobile phone model.

Yeah, can imagine MS eating a bit of this cost. Sony, though...they'll already be cutting it as fine as possible on hardware costs.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    poprock wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    Aye. Xbox One launch rrp = £429 Xbox One X launch rrp = £449 PS4 launch rrp = £349 PS4 Pro launch rrp = £349 Sony played it differently, eh?
    Yeah, sold more and retained their prices better as well.

Sony also didn't have the cost in every box that came from Kinect.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    poprock wrote:

Get what your saying Pop, but don't feel the Quest is in same category. More a Mobile device like the Switch?
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • poprock wrote:

Yeah, the big guy at Xbox has been hinting at that again just this week.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    £500 feels about right to me price wise for the PS5 and what I’m budgeting for. I don’t play that many games at a time so won’t worry about filling the drive.
  • Get what your saying Pop, but don't feel the Quest is in same category. More a Mobile device like the Switch?

Yeah, no biggie. I guess I was thinking broader. Look at how expensive mobile phones are these days. People’s window of ‘what’s reasonable’ for a bit of entertainment tech has risen quite a lot. Tellies are a hell of a lot more expensive than a decade ago (way above inflation), etc.

Switch feels like an absolute bargain, in that context. Cheap as chips.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Ps5 listing went up on Amazon for £599.99

Wouldn’t mind getting a preorder in, but I can’t find it!

Could you share a link please?
  • poprock wrote:
    Get what your saying Pop, but don't feel the Quest is in same category. More a Mobile device like the Switch?
    Yeah, no biggie. I guess I was thinking broader. Look at how expensive mobile phones are these days. People’s window of ‘what’s reasonable’ for a bit of entertainment tech has risen quite a lot. Tellies are a hell of a lot more expensive than a decade ago (way above inflation), etc. Switch feels like an absolute bargain, in that context. Cheap as chips.

Are they though? I paid £600 for a Philips 32 inch 1080i TV in 2007. You can get a 43 inch 4K HDR LG TV for £300 now.
  • Fair enough. I’m just going by the regular Richer Sounds adverts that come into my inbox. I haven’t actually bought a new telly since 2011.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!