Avengers End Game **SPOILERS DISCUSSION**
  • poprock wrote:
    You all saw the Irn-Bru in New Asgard though, right?

I did. And I wanted one.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just back, read the first page of the thread but I'm tired and want to splurge my reaction then sleep.

I loved it. Proper victory lap of a movie, and I'll gladly give them that as I've enjoyed the majority of this sprawling thing.

Falcon beard was odd, made his face seem fatter than it is, terrible look. I don't know how the "you can't alter your timeline" thing squares away with Cap's ending. I cried at the second last hurdle (I love you times 3000) and almost started again at cheeseburgers. I spent a couple of minutes trying to figure out who the fuck that old bird was in the iron woman suit before I realised it was Gwyneth. Sorry. Fat Thor got the thumbs up from me, striking a much needed blow for dad bod rights.

Captain Marvel was a bit meh, and the girl power scene was cringey but if it's made a few girls happy then it did the job. I did like when all of the ships guns concentrated fire on her as she was the biggest threat, but it does beg the question where the fuck she's been all this time? Is her life just a non-stop FTL tour of the universe barely averting disaster at the last possible second? Sounds fucking exhausting.

Sorry for the jumbled mess, just had to get stuff down.

So, put me down for some Asguardians of the Galaxy, when does the next decade of films kick off?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Oh yeah, Fortnite and dabbing, they're meant to be cheesey and cringe so I'm alright with that. Also, the stuff with Stark's kid should feel like emotional manipulation but they fucking nailed that relationship in a very short time. The swearing, and blasting her head back onto her pillow, I need to check my house for hidden cameras.
  • poprock wrote:

Didn't see that, but I'm pretty sure thor was drinking Innis and Gunn when hulk and rocket went to see him.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    HawBawJaws wrote:
    poprock wrote:

Didn't see that, but I'm pretty sure thor was drinking Innis and Gunn when hulk and rocket went to see him.

He was, and if you go to the i&g bars in Glasgow or Edinburgh this weekend and ask for a "beer of kings" you get a free pint.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Captain America wielding Thor's hammer seems to be an issue but I thought they covered that well in Ultron, it lights up when he touches it. Vision also hands it to Thor before that head off to take in Ultron too.

The Thanos time travel thing bugged me at first but I suppose he had plenty of time to sort out his own Pym particles and wristband thing. It felt like he instantly jumped through as soon as evil Nebula did her thing but to us it would be instant, of course. But didn't the ship smash through the roof of Avenger HQ? And no one batted an eyelid? Not that they could have made much difference but it was odd that an alarm didn't go off or there was any acknowledgement of it from the heroes. It makes me think I got that bit wrong actually.
  • They are all focused on the glove snap at that point, and all the bases doors and windows are locked down.
    SFV - reddave360
  • But didn't the ship smash through the roof of Avenger HQ? And no one batted an eyelid? Not that they could have made much difference but it was odd that an alarm didn't go off or there was any acknowledgement of it from the heroes. It makes me think I got that bit wrong actually.

Nah that did seem stupid to me too but hey, it’s just a film. Can’t pick on that when they have time travel bollocks all over the show. Holes or not, it was damn enjoyable and very emotional too!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    They are all focused on the glove snap at that point, and all the bases doors and windows are locked down.

Aye but when Rocket gently landed his ship while Cap was having a shave the whole building shook. Just seemed a bit odd to me at the time, I started to wonder if it was a different building.

The time travel bollocks didn't bother me at all, quite happy for stuff like that to fly way over my head.

Although Spider-Man's mate still being in school five years later was odd too.
  • I think the ship crashing through and all that was kind of happening at the same time as the snapping. Maybe.

I think Dave nailed the travel logic 7 or so pages ago. I haven't read the pages in between. I think it all works fine.

Will probably see it again sometime soon.
  • Finally saw this last night and think it’s the most incredible piece of cinema I’ve seen in a long long time.
    Cried at the opening with Hawkeyes family, cried at Tony’s daughter, his funeral, right at the end and came home feeling like I’d been put through an emotional wringer.

Cheered for Cap picking up Thor’s Hammer, my wife jumped out of her seat with excitement at the female heroes kicking ass shot, a 10 year old kid next to me was overcome with sheer joy and I rushed home to hug my kids after.

For me it was perfect.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Did you love them times 3000 and get them all the cheeseburgers they want?
  • Always :)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    poprock wrote:

Yes, although they missed a trick by not making it the juice of choice for Irn Man.

(They could have used it as subtly as the Audi E-Tron by having Pepper hand one to him to help him recouperate on his return from space and then later on to quench his thirst one final time...)
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    HawBawJaws wrote:
    poprock wrote:
    He was, and if you go to the i&g bars in Glasgow or Edinburgh this weekend and ask for a "beer of kings" you get a free pint.

I see that this is actually a thing. I might pop down to grab one this weekend. Brewdog previously gave away a free pint to anyone who produced a photo of themself outside their polling station on the day of the snap general election in 2017.
  • I missed the Irn-Bru! Gonna have to watch it again now.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    jdanielp wrote:
    poprock wrote:
    Yes, although they missed a trick by not making it the juice of choice for Irn Man.

:D
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    cockbeard wrote:
    djchump wrote:
    It’s not like Marvel has a lack of characteristics s or stories to pull from.
    Maybe not but they do have a lack of characters with which the public are already familiar ...
    I’d never heard of Guardians of the Galaxy before the films. Feige and his crew aren’t dumb.

That's fair enough, was just saying that as a non comic reader, I understand why they (all production houses) kept sticking with Spidey, Hulk, Batman, and Superman. They were the best known. Iron Man was done well (and I'd known more about him than the X-Men) and spawned this series. Taking time off and coming back to the same characters would be safe but lazy, I'd love to see more unknown (to me) IP, but understand why the studios would be wary. Luckily they've used the populairy surge to bring characters in who can be explored
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Conveniently apparently all of Peter parkers friends were in the snapped half meaning they're all the same age god that was lucky when's far from home out
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    jdanielp wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    HawBawJaws wrote:
    poprock wrote:

I see that this is actually a thing. I might pop down to grab one this weekend. Brewdog previously gave away a free pint to anyone who produced a photo of themself outside their polling station on the day of the snap general election in 2017.

I'll be going on Friday aye. Sorry, should have posted link, but aye its real like.
  • Second watch for me tonight. 
    I ended up enjoying it more than last week, there's still holes in the plot but on a rewatch they are foreshadowed or at least they try and deal with them a... Bit. 
    There's also a couple of little dialogue moments that are more relevant now you know characters were not going to make it.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Tempy wrote:
    Christ its like I need to add a disclaimer under every post: "I am not a misogynist, racist. Honest!!"

I don't think you're misogynistic or racist. I think you're taking this a little personally. I'm just presenting an alternate point of view, and why the moment might have landed better for others who weren't viewing it through your perspective is all.
    Just to clarify, I got miffed because your reply made it seem like any criticism of the scene was an attack on the reasons behind the scene. And others have called the scene silly without such a response.( Though my memory is awful,that may have been elsewhere)

However, if nothing personal was intended then let's hug it out.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Just came back from this also.

I... um... loved loved IW, and almost all other marvel films so far, and am a big big fan of the comics/arcs they’ve been using as a base for these films.

But I really dislike time travel in films. Especially when it becomes cheesy nonsense. It’s the same feeling I had after I came out of the first abrams Star Trek film actually. It’s like a ‘member berries’ moment for films I saw a few years ago.

Has anyone seen that family guy episode where they travel through time and it goes back to old episodes?

The rest of the film was great, and I even loved the LOTR sequel fanboy ending. Fat Thor was great and seeing that meek and Korg made it was a highlight of epic proportions.

I’m very conflicted. But right now it’s a solid 3 stars.

Edit: and enjoyed Cpt marvel in this way more than her solo outing, maybe it was the haircut idk. And passing the shield to falcon was the best choice, especially having Bucky there as he was the obvious choice. I’m sad we won’t get a Bucky cap, but falcon cap had those cool ass goggles man.
  • Ass goggles?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Sounds legit.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Original Cap had ass outfit
  • Am so happy he went out as he did. As a huge cap fan since I was little and everyone telling me he was fucking lame, thank god for the Russos.

Now bring on silver surfer please thanks.
  • That is America's ass.
  • Cap is still lame. Goody two shoes with his worthiness. Stark 4eva

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!