Avengers End Game **SPOILERS DISCUSSION**
  • ...and evil Nebula would have had to use good Nebula's Quantum GPS to get back to the future, which means Thanos and Co wouldn't have had access to that device to get them to the future?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I think Thanos has access to some pretty high level tech, it’s very easy to hand wave a lot of that stuff. He has access to all that stuff he saw through Nebula’s memory banks, like Rocket said, Tony is only the smartest asshole on earth.
  • The Captain America wielding Mjolnir moment really shouldn't have been a head scratcher. Thor actually exclaims at that moment "I knew it!" Anyone who is worthy can use it. Cap is worthy.

As to why it was so difficult for them to beat Thanos - he is one of the most powerful entities in the universe without the Infinity stones.
  • Nah, he's just a big purple baw-bag.
  • God you'll be confused by The Eternals then.
  • The who now?
  • Also known as The Shark-Jumpers.
  • g.man wrote:
    The who now?

Forthcoming movie.
  • Sucks for the non-snapped.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    Sucks for the non-snapped.

Snapped - don't age and get to own a PS5.

Non snapped - lol u old
  • Family therapy big business after the unapocalypse.
  • I was chatting to my brother last night about the next phase.
    We both agreed we are kinda done.

It's an amazing achievement and for the most part the films have been great, certainly better than anyone else's attempts, including the Star Wars run.

I think that is all I need of them though for the most.
    Spiderman is phase 3 timeline, that will get a watch because Spiderman. Guardians 3 likewise as there arent many comedies made in Hollywood anymore.

Other than that I think I would rather leave it there than try to enjoy the next phase.
    News that the TV stuff is going to be more closely incorporated isnt encouraging. Dont want to start a thing but I dont enjoy the Marvel shows and it's not like it's a quick watch to get up to speed like the odd duff movie was.
    Given that one show is going to be Falcon and Winter Soldier, I dont see me changing my mind.

Things will get watched I'm sure but no more cinema trips or trailer hype for me.
  • Yeah same. No more cinema. The comedy is all a bit forced and played out now. Apart from Strange, I don’t rate any of the remaining lot. I love Spider-man but don’t care for Tom Holland or what they’re doing with the character at all. Ant-man has never done it for me. Captain Marvel I actually dislike.
  • Although give me a comic-like FF movie and I’ll probably jump back in like a man baby.
  • In a perfect world, they'd let the franchise rest for a decade. But money talks so lots more movies to come. I expect the marvel universe will be expanded and next hierarchy up will be introduced as the russo brothers suggested in that link Tempy posted.
  • I'll be back in when the X-Men eventually rock up.
  • I'm sure the new Disney Streaming Service will have a huge influence on how this all moves forward now.
  • Not liking Tom Holland is like not liking a puppy.
  • monkey wrote:
    Although give me a comic-like FF movie and I’ll probably jump back in like a man baby.

In the ideal timeline, endgame would finish things and they could use fantastic four as the basis for a whole new universe. Dont link it. You can keep the overall style but with a fresh lick of paint. You could do similar with x men but a third take on the x men universe doesn't seem appealing. Then when fantastic four (with galactus as the big bad for example) finishes you can redo avengers but from a different angle.
    SFV - reddave360
  • You’ll all be back.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Given the TV treatments of 'Murican Gods and Preacher, I'm mostly intrigued to see what other properties they might bother with. That and which would lend themselves more to film than telly, I think Y the last man could boil down to a trilogy, also approach feminism from a far better angle than "here's Captain Marvel she's well 'ard", also Swamp Thing needs some love
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    In a perfect world, they'd let the franchise rest for a decade. But money talks so lots more movies to come. I expect the marvel universe will be expanded and next hierarchy up will be introduced as the russo brothers suggested in that link Tempy posted.

I fundamentally disagree with this. This was sold on bringing comic like continuity and the Marvel Universe world into film. Leaving it for a decade is the opposite of a perfect world for the concept.

I'm all for the TV stuff being tied in as well. It doesnt mean it has to be required reading, just more in place with the films than what we've had so far.
  • The other thing is if they switch it off for a bit they’ll have the perfect chance to just redo the same tony stark etc stuff. Whereas now they can’t.
  • It’s not like Marvel has a lack of characters or stories to pull from.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    It’s not like Marvel has a lack of characters or stories to pull from.

Maybe not but they do have a lack of characters with which the public are already familiar

For years Wolverine was simply a Snickety-Snick joke in Mallrats, when they launched X_Men he was the one that folk identified with so he got all the extras, same as Iron Man. The studio would still consider it a risk to put out new heroes, even if they're amazing, they don't have that pre-bought goodwill that they can trade on, for examoes f this see recent Star Wars reaction
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Wolverine to my knowledge was always pretty popualr, Iron Man wasn't though. Favreau did good with that first film.
  • Has Favreau got a piece of all the marvel action? Has he been quietly stacking bank this whole time?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!