Avengers End Game **SPOILERS DISCUSSION**
  • Interesting that ironman and bats are popular with audiences because they share the same underlying trait. They have no superpowers. I wonder of marvel realised that and gave the shield to falcon as he has no superpowers either?
  • I think they gave it to Sam because he wasn’t the most obvious choice, but it’s still canon in the comics.

You could be right though, cap always seemed a bit invincible. Especially when he’s got a great fuck off hammer.
  • Cap is the best Jerry. The best!!!

Screw that Stark bollox. Could Stark lift the hammer? Could he fuck. He wasn't worthy.
    Mjolnir knows.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Cap is boring. Dull character. Plus he has America in his title, minus points there.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Cap is boring. Dull character. Plus he has America in his title, minus points there.

I think his arc has been quite good. His evolution hasn't been blatant but it's actually added value to the the first cap film which I'm not a huge fan of. By the point where it looked to be just him against the whole of thanos and his army I was fully on team cap.
    SFV - reddave360
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Cap is boring. Dull character. Plus he has America in his title, minus points there.
    I think his arc has been quite good.

America's arc.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:

I think his arc has been quite good. His evolution hasn't been blatant but it's actually added value to the the first cap film which I'm not a huge fan of. By the point where it looked to be just him against the whole of thanos and his army I was fully on team cap.

That scene was incredible. Also ‘I could do this all...’ “YEAH YEAH I KNOW” made me laugh a lot.

The more I think about this film the more I like it. It’s just A LOT of film to take in. Also so many random ‘fuck the neckbeards’ moments maybe gives it an extra star.
  • Do I remember correctly, doesn't Scarlett Witch's power come from the reality stone?
    If so that should make her as powerful as Cap Marvel right?
    Also Vision's power came from the mind stone. Why was it that he was so shit then?
  • Vision is odd because he is initially very powerful in Ultron (I love his phase grab move) but he seemed toned down after that and I cant remember if there is a specific reason. He does get injured in infinity war early on which explains why he is a bit duff in that one.

Scarlett witch though has been pretty powerful since first debut but she doesn't always seem in control
    SFV - reddave360
  • She also has the second fastest time for losing an accent in history.

Behind Samantha Mumba.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Vision is odd because he is initially very powerful in Ultron (I love his phase grab move) but he seemed toned down after that and I cant remember if there is a specific reason. He does get injured in infinity war early on which explains why he is a bit duff in that one. Scarlett witch though has been pretty powerful since first debut but she doesn't always seem in control
    Yeah he seemed powerful and then wasn't. Ho hum!

Chrikey is Mumba still a thing?????
  • Do I remember correctly, doesn't Scarlett Witch's power come from the reality stone? If so that should make her as powerful as Cap Marvel right?

Mind stone, not reality stone.  Outside of MCU, I understand she is supposed to be mega-powerful.  A quick Wiki glance tells me she was first a mutant daughter of Magneto but the character has been changed several times or something.
  • Scarlett Witch's powers in the comics are... weird.

I think in the MCU she has the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away...with mind bullets. That's telekinesis, Kyle.
  • “He’s fast, she’s weird.” is still one of my favourite lines from the Marvel films.
  • Scarlett Witch's powers in the comics are... weird.

I think in the MCU she has the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away...with mind bullets. That's telekinesis, Kyle.

She has the power.......to move you

*bwan ba ba babumbumbum*
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I'm sure all will become clear in the Scarlet Witch-Vision TV show coming soon.

It absolutely in no way sounds like a dull shitfest.
  • They should adapt the recent Vision comic to a TV show, it’s really good, but doesn’t really fit with the MCU as is.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I wonder if there will be lots of prequels, midquels set during the five year timeskip and films set immediately after Endgame in Phase 4 while real life catches up with the MCU timeline.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Black Widow
    Prequel

The Eternals
    Fuck knows, but possibly will span thousands of years.

Doctor Strange 2
    Sequel

Black Panther 2
    Sequel

Shang-Chi
    Fuck knows

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
    Sequel
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Part of the new Spider-Man might take place in the Quantum realm and flesh out that conversation with Ironman.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Strange sounds the furthest post-Endgame of those. GotG3 is likely to be straight after as they go after nu-Gamora. BP2 is likely gonna show some aftermath of the Wakanda battling. I feel a DS2 should pick up a fair bit later and move forward.
  • I was out for a walk earlier, and was listening to last week’s Mayo & Kermode podcast. Listening to people describing their emotional responses to the film really brought my emotional responses to the film, particularly in relation to certain moments (Jezza & ScarJo trying to out-sacrifice each other, Marvel’s cavalry-like appearance, here come the girls).

I had to strongly disagree with the person (pretty much the only negative response in a see of praise) saying that we didn’t get the end we deserved. While it didn’t deliver on everything I wanted, I think it’s frankly amazing that they delivered so much. Infinity War left me feeling a little disappointed, but I pretty much loved every bit of this. It’s rare for the conclusion of a series to satisfy me, but this did.

I’m wishing I hadn’t cancelled my Unlimited card, because I would definitely have gone to see this again.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've been looking at the comments of YouTube videos of the soundtrack and it's easy to forget that for people of a certain age (teens) this series has been a massive part of their childhoods - they've grown up with these characters and probably watched some of the films over and over. For me it would probably be the equivalent of all the '90s Disney films having a big crossover and main characters dying and moving on etc. - I'd have flipped out.
  • I liked this...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I wonder how GOTG3 will work with it being delayed to allow Gunn to finish Suicide Squad before starting it. Did they have a different story planned but now there'll be movies in between it?
    It would be interesting to get a glimpse into the overall making of these
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    @g.man yeah, that would have been better. I didn't have an issue with Captain Marvel taking the gauntlet when I watched it but looking back the whole girl power bit would work so much better if it was someone who actually needed their help. Thanos seeing his daughters betray him would have been a good pay off too.

@Shabby I think the Guardians films are usually pretty self contained and can be placed in a few different slots in the timeline, I'm sure the main thrust of the story is going to be intact.
  • My brother got my kids Spiderman and AntMan 2 on DVD. I’ll be giving the former a watch this weekend as is the only MCU film I’ve not seen. 

Looking at the blurb at the back... it’s set after Civil War? So there isn’t a Spiderman origin story in the MCU? Interesting.
  • No, because no one needs to be told about that.
  • Thanks, that’s helpful to know.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!