Hades
  • I sort of regretted it because I’d been building up the “no damage = more attack” but I think I only got it to 12% so it didn’t have enough power to keep it.
  • Yeah, i often feel that way with those trinkets, if i haven't managed to get them very powered up, i feel like an extra revive might be more useful than 10% damage or dodge or something.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I was mildly disappointed that for the purposes of Charon bonuses those small rooms in the last world count as “encounters” but for the purpose of those trinkets they don’t (at least for the butterfly). You could end up with a monstrous attack by the end though so you can see why.
  • Died on the first boss in one of my first runs. Still not sure what the various symbols are and not the keenest on the bow but it got me through to there. I think I'll focus on keys for now.
  • I found that the thing that worked for me was unlocking all of the mirror powers (it might be worth noting that the list of mirror powers hides a second list which seem universally better).

Btw don’t be too stingy with trading things for keys at the restaurant. You need 60+ to get everything unlocked.

And then whenever given a choice only ever choosing boons then heart when possible. I used to be a staunch pomegranate person but I’ve decided it’s better to get more boons as that is more likely to help you get really good boons.
  • Doing a shield run atm and have crystal beam from Demeter, glacial glare, which makes it last longer, and some damage boosts. I could drop crystals round the hydra head and knock it to its next phase by the time it did an attack.
  • And now that's the first time I've done Elysium without using any death defiance.

I'll have to carry on later though.
  • Why isn’t this out on a proper system yet?
    I only saw this thread today, looked into the game and it looks great.
    I could ironically get it on my Mac but I don’t have a game controller that will connect to it at the moment.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • It is. It’s on Switch.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • And PC
    Infact it's on all the proper systems
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I think I'm about to give up on this. CBA.
  • Yeah I dropped it like a stone. Really surprised because it is a great game, but I feel like I've seen it all. Despite the whopping amount of depth for builds, I find that it boils largely down to just getting a heroic boon or a duo and then just spamming the fuck out of it. I don't feel there's much more on offer that interests me. The story isn't doing it, the environments have lost their shine and the structure is far too repetitive.

I would have preferred a more open approach to level selection and a great deal more variety, especially with the bosses. As it stands, when I'm having a good run and I'm laying waste to everything, it just feels like I'm playing Diablo 3.
  • No one owns a PC or switch. pffft.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Currently trying to beat the Extreme Measures version of the last boss which is causing me to be bit more considered with my boon and room picks as I go through the game. Had a really good bow run where I took an early special boon to give me some dps, then sold it after Asphodel as the build went a different way. Went through all of elysium trying to find the right boo , which didn’t appear in til the room before the third boss, and it felt ace to basically slot in the final piece of the Zeus/Poseidon puzzle and mincemeat the boss.

Sadly the EM version of the final boss is no fucking joke, and that’s three attempts at him that have not succeeded so far.

My epic game store vague timer now reads 4 days. Definitely reaching the end of what I want to achieve with it, which is a sub 15 minute run and an EM4 clear. Might try for heat 16 and 32 for the laugh too.
  • JonB wrote:
    Doing a shield run atm and have crystal beam from Demeter, glacial glare, which makes it last longer, and some damage boosts. I could drop crystals round the hydra head and knock it to its next phase by the time it did an attack.
    JonB wrote:
    And now that's the first time I've done Elysium without using any death defiance. I'll have to carry on later though.
    Only got back to this today, and it was indeed the winning run. Bit of a monster in the end, where I could rely completely on cast and special with the shield, with the occasional call.

18 attempts to get there. I feel like I still wouldn't be close with most other weapons/builds though.

120560976_10158352757355831_6290498890239736446_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=84a396&_nc_ohc=FomDUAGlaiEAX_IdvHC&_nc_ht=scontent.fecn4-1.fna&oh=7839cecc27462b79c175fefc628d5e0d&oe=5F9BBB7F
  • Nice one Jon!

Glacial Glare is a great cast upgrade, I love it.

I managed Extreme Measures 4 on my third attempt. I noticed a good opportunity to deal big damage with Doom and forwent a lot of obvious upgrades elsewhere to do a weird Doom/Crit build with only my AoE of cast to enable Privileged Status. 

Reckon on a non EM4 clear it could have been sub 15 minutes, which is annoying to know!

unknown.png
  • Might be an enjoyable watch for those who have decided to abdicate from the game, but obviously it's a bit of a spoiler fest for those still going towards EM4

• And as if like manna from the heavens, I got my sub 15 minute clear today as well. You love to see it.

unknown.png
  • Tempy the real Hades.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Alright Tempy, you bugger. This has its teeth in me now. I kinda like the slower pace of the runs, something that took me a little bit to get used to after Spelunky. I've been enjoying unlocking stuff and seeing what new boons there are.
    Congrats on the sub 15, that's awesome. If you have a recording I'd like to see it although I'll probably wait until after I beat the final boss. Got to the Elysium boss this time which was pretty good!

Are you keyboard and mouse or controller?
  • Help me Tempy, it's 230am and I can't stop playing Hades!
  • Managed my second and third clears of this over the weekend, the latter of which while in the bath- I love the Switch.
  • Switch in the bath is awesome
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I feel much happier now I've stopped paying this
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It was weird I had a patch of wanting to keep playing it despite not having fun. Like smoking cheap cigarettes or something. Now I've gone cold turkey my head feels clearer once more. Life is good.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I mean it's not a bad game. I had some fun.
  • Aye it's decent. I put near on 30 hours into it but
    I've had my fill and then some.
  • Help me Tempy, it's 230am and I can't stop playing Hades!

Don’t ruin your sleep!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!