martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Including BC is stupid. Cinty knows.
    It's a feature, stupids.
    It's a great feature for day to day usage. For a best of thread it's a crutch because the games designed for the console aren't good enough by themselves.

Yep. It doesn’t feel in the spirit of the thread / what Reg is trying to do. As I think you mentioned before, there would be no point to the ‘competition’ cos the most backwardy compatible console would have a huge advantage.

Whilst he's tried to be me at other times (kisses) elf articulated what the goal is better than I could at this point.

• bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Out of spite my princess deleted the DS save for Zelda.  Because of this trauma and the screen scratching stylus, the Wii gets my vote.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The Wii U was perfectly understandable. 

It was a 32-bit CD add-on for the mega-drive, right?

No it was the plug in cartridge on top durrrr

• Yar. Games released for those consoles should = games for that console.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    The Wii U was perfectly understandable.  It was a 32-bit CD add-on for the mega-drive, right?
    No it was the plug in cartridge on top durrrr

Shit.

In my defense that was early China years and Google was spotty.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It says on the door 'Best console' not best games. Half the Switch's library are ports.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Can people not just decide for themselves whether or not they think its worthy of consideration and factor that into their votes accordingly?

Let me pose this another way - if a key element of your argument in favour of a console is its reliance on previous glories from an older generation, isn't that a more damning indictment on the generation it actually existed in?
  • It says on the door 'Best console' not best games. Half the Switch's library are ports.

Not BC, though.
    regmcfly wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Can people not just decide for themselves whether or not they think its worthy of consideration and factor that into their votes accordingly?
    Let me pose this another way - if a key element of your argument in favour of a console is its reliance on previous glories from an older generation, isn't that a more damning indictment on the generation it actually existed in?

Yup.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    If it was the only metric, yup.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If it was the only metric, yup.

Quite.
  • Curious. 2 Microsoft hardware fans trying to argue to include BC. Not implying anything. 
    Spoiler:

I provided my list of games released for the Wii as the reason for why I consider it superior.

The BC is just an additional feature that was only mentioned to prove a point about motion control being the only way to play certain games (which it wasn't).

As such I shall not be swayed.
    I provided my list of games released for the Wii. The BC is just an additional feature that was only mentioned to prove a point about motion control being the only way to play certain games (which it wasn't). As such I shall not be swayed.

Fair enough. Enjoying the discussion, tbh. Wasn't arguing against the list you provided. Different tastes, innit?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Curious. 2 Microsoft hardware fans trying to argue to include BC. Not implying anything. 
    Spoiler:

As you’ve pointed out, surely this would benefit the PS3 more than any Xbox.
  • Fair enough. Enjoying the discussion, tbh. Wasn't arguing against the list you provided. Different tastes, innit?

Besides the whole tournament is rigged due to the exclusion of the C64GS.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Curious. 2 Microsoft hardware fans trying to argue to include BC. Not implying anything. 
    Spoiler:
    As you’ve pointed out, surely this would benefit the PS3 more than any Xbox.

Ps3 had games, tho.
  • Fair enough. Enjoying the discussion, tbh. Wasn't arguing against the list you provided. Different tastes, innit?
    Besides the whole tournament is rigged due to the exclusion of the C64GS.

The best take.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

Depends really,
    If that console had uncharted 2 and the last of us wich are already considered two of the greatest games ever.
    (the first for technical and artistic achievement and a great opening and the latter for story telling and character development.)

And then could play final fantasy 7,8 and 9 as well as the superb Gradius v up-ressed.
    No other console did that before or since.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message

Buuuut, I'm arguing DS vs Wii, aaaand have owned lots of consoles.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

;)
  • Curious. 2 Microsoft hardware fans trying to argue to include BC. Not implying anything.
    Buuuut, I'm arguing DS vs Wii, aaaand have owned lots of consoles.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    ;)

FTFY.
  • Said this already but I'm really enjoying this thread.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    digi wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

Depends really,
    If that console had uncharted 2 and the last of us wich are already considered two of the greatest games ever.
    (the first for technical and artistic achievement and a great opening and the latter for story telling and character development.)

And then could play final fantasy 7,8 and 9 as well as the superb Gradius v up-ressed.
    No other console did that before or since.

I mean, sure if you like those games.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Hey, Mike I ain't forced shit. Some of us fancied a change and LIVE is a perfect conduit. Sea of Thieves has dropped off but had a fun run. No need to try and get up in my face lad.
  • Shit. Was just poking. Nothing intended by it.
    Spoiler:
  • I mean, you did the winky face and everything...
  • New Forum Rule:

No winky / winkey face unless it's actually a winky / winkey face.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Eh, was 3DS. Whatevs.

Yep, I suspect Andy might be conflating some 3ds stuff here which, to be fair, Nintendo didn't help with the naming. At least they righted that ship unlike their other one.

You’re not telling me there are separate entries for DS and 3DS?
  • Andy wrote:
    Eh, was 3DS. Whatevs.
    Yep, I suspect Andy might be conflating some 3ds stuff here which, to be fair, Nintendo didn't help with the naming. At least they righted that ship unlike their other one.
    You’re not telling me there are separate entries for DS and 3DS?

Yet no PC Engine or Gamecube or 3DO, or Atari VCS, 5200, 7800, Jaguar, Lynx, Intellivision, Colecovision, Game Gear, PSP, PS Vita, et al

I'm assuming the Megadrive includes the 32X and Mega-CD?
  • Where is the Philips CD-i? We demand answers!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!