House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel series) Spoiler thread !post evening airing!
  • Saw a thumbnail from next weeks show of the blonde kids and they looked about ten years older (and played by different actors again) compared to this week. I'm genuinely finding it impossible to work out who the fuck all these blonde bastards are from week to week.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • ...and I expect more limbs will have fallen off the old king.
  • Just the final limb.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    For what it's worth, I've been almost enjoying it.  Sure, it's all over the shop and some of the special effects leave a bit room for the imagination to fill in the blanks, but overall, my reaction to this has been quite positive.

I really enjoyed the last episode too; the build-up to the big argument after the cousin's fight was great and I thought the cinematography was fab.  I even remember thinking to myself, "wow this looks amazing" (or words to that effect!) in the scenes that folks have been complaining about!

Each to their own I suppose :-)
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I thought the hdr was on the blink on my telly during those night scenes. Literally couldn't make out anything. It reminded me of one time I took acid on a beach at night.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Have you guys calibrated your telly boxes?

I’ll used a guide from some funny YouTuber for mine…..think he’s called Vincent or something.

The difference between pre and post calibration is like night and day….pun intended!!
  • Im not cunting around with settings for 20 minutes of one TV show. Everything else looks absolutely fine.
  • The problem isn't people's tellies, it's the digital grading used to process their shit-tier day-for-night filming of the scenes in question.
  • g.man wrote:
    The problem isn't people's tellies, it's the digital grading used to process their shit-tier day-for-night filming of the scenes in question.
    This.
    I could calibrate my TV to make it more visible but day to night will always, always look terrible.
  • I didn't calibrate my TV properly and I couldn't see Matt Smith's sex scene properly.

What did I miss?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I didn't calibrate my TV properly and I couldn't see Matt Smith's sex scene properly.

What did I miss?

His disappointingly flaccid phallus
  • Caught up with this last night.  It's a mess and I don't like any of the characters.  Apart from Matt Smith maybe, haven't decided yet.  Even people wanking out of windows isn't as amusing as it would've been in early Thrones.  Will stick with it but I'm surprised how iffy it is.  Ser Christon Cole should be the sort of character that carries scenes in this, but he's shite.  There's no-one to latch on to, whereas GoT had a ton of scene stealers.
  • Gotta say, the last episode is a
    Spoiler:

What a moving performance by the cast. Viserys especially, Daemon.

Minute for minute the best GoT drama so far. Far, far beyond anything the original series ever achieved.
  • The best ep so far for sure but would be much, much better had the show given a reason to be more invested in the characters before now.
    Spoiler:
  • Yeah I can't judge that because I read fire and blood and am a proper asoiaf fan.

Bloody hell. I cannot get over Paddy Consandine's performance. I get why the showmakers were raving about getting him for the role. Bloody hell.

The old Dr who guy as well, unable to look his brother in the eye. Fuck me.

This single episode shows why it's better to watch a show like this, to give it a chance, than to bother with that lord of the rings shite. There is no drama to any of that stuff, no humanity, no performance. That single episode justified all the dross before, all the complaints.
  • Paddy is by far the best thing about this show.
    I do worry that he will leave a gaping acting hole.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Soap opera shite, again. The door swinging open to gasps like it's the queen vic, again. The dark haired queen displaying her incredible knack for getting the wrong end of the stick, again.

GRRM really is a fucking fraud isn't he?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's all dumb shit but it's worth it to see Paddy Considine play the tragic king. It's like he's the only three dimensional character in it.
  • The decapitation got a proper laugh out of me so it was good to feel some emotion.

The state of Paddy in his first scene also got a lol.
  • Like a character in the waiting room in Beetlejuice.
  • I thought Considine was great, both in the hall and the dinner. The acting in general has been excellent. Vaemond standing up there like a fool though, asking to get his head cut off felt incredibly contrived. It was a very unearned shock moment.

It actually felt like the most padded episode so far, we need to introduce another round of actors, so here they are being shitty again. It also seemed like they were trying to write their way out of the bastardy problem, as if killing Vaemond in front of everyone somehow resolves it rather than makes it worse.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I can't believe that the Sea Snake had his throat cut and fell overboard, got an infection from it and was on the brink of death out to sea for so long.

I know they've got ravens and shit for swift messages, but that info getting back to Driftmark and King's Landing and them organizing the succession petitions etc must have taken a while, as well as the travelling time for the parties involved. How long does an infection take to run its course one way the another?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    About 10 years.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    I thought Considine was great, both in the hall and the dinner. The acting in general has been excellent. Vaemond standing up there like a fool though, asking to get his head cut off felt incredibly contrived. It was a very unearned shock moment.

It actually felt like the most padded episode so far, we need to introduce another round of actors, so here they are being shitty again. It also seemed like they were trying to write their way out of the bastardy problem, as if killing Vaemond in front of everyone somehow resolves it rather than makes it worse.

They all had dinner that evening, not a care in the world. Wasn't he related to most of them? No one bothered that he was brutality murdered in front of them by the guy they're sharing a table with?!

If you can just do a murder and have absolutely no consequences I wonder why they're not all at it. Come to think of it, why did gay prince bloke not bear a grudge against Cole for killing his man?

What a nonsensical show. Up there with Nightflyers
  • Well, he committed treason, which is punishable by death. Daemon just saved everyone a bit of paperwork.

Laenor probably did have a grudge. Can't go around killing the King's Guard though, especially if that one is the Queen's personal guard. Got to have a reason other than "he killed the lover I'm not supposed to have".

Although I don't know why Cole kept his post. I also don't know why he doesn't age. Even Daemon looks a bit tireder. Cole just seems to have vampiric youth.
  • Oh, one thing I didn't get was why younger son of Allicent looks older than his older brother now? The casting is well odd, he looks more like the older one that didn't lose an eye and the older one is more like the baby-faced younger younger one.

Argh, too many actors!
  • In gonna be straight up.
    I'm not really sure who that guy was. Obviously some descendent of the Sea Snake cos black with white dreads. After that fucked if I know or care.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Was he not the brother of the older black guy, who died off screen for some reason?
  • Wasn't he like 30 years younger?
    It would make sense why Auntie Cousin didn't seem to give a shit though.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    He's not dead. He's been poorly for ten years (mayber) for contrived plot reasons, he's going to be canny pissed off in the next episode. Or maybe he'll just shrug it off like everyone else has, fuck knows with this show

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!