The Dark Knight Rises for the last time... (Spoilers as well if you like)
  • OK, I revert to my previous htff comment.
  • If you're going to make a heliplane thingmybobber, might as well make it nuclear bomb proof.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Frosty are you saying Thor is in this movie
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'd pay for that movie.
  • I just watched the two trailers I hadn't seen. Can't believe how much of the film is revealed. The third trailer is very good though, especially the opening.
  • I hope the DVD is released with a whole load of fullsex extra material. Nolan apparently doesnt like behind the scenes stuff but im hoping Warner does and did.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Warner will beat Nolan shitless in a pub brawl if i'm to have my behind the scenes specials. Fuck him.
  • I don't think adkmette is too fussed about it.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Just because the autopilot is fixed, doesn't mean he definitely used it.

Fair enough.

But why mention it before and then after if he didn't?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Am I the only person in this... in any forum... on the whole damn intertron, who doesn't give the slightest spanish edge about fucking Batman.

No you are not the only person.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Joyful
    On. Vhmgnfngstebstnpiboyvh ivhj
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Gonzo wrote:
    Am I the only person in this... in any forum... on the whole damn intertron, who doesn't give the slightest spanish edge about fucking Batman.

No.

So much so I may watch a cam copy.
  • Bob wrote:
    But why mention it before and then after if he didn't?
    Because he clearly used it to survive. ;-)
  • I mean I thought Begins and the second one both basically sucked and this one reads like it's worse than either.
  • I think it is pretty safe to say that if you didn't like the first two then you more than likely will not like the third.
  • Just back from the movies with my better half, and we both really enjoyed it a lot. Spectacular beginning, then a bit boring for an hour, but the last hour and a half was simply brilliant. Doesn't reach as high as The Dark Knight, but it still is a marvellous piece of entertainment.

Bale is still the greatest Batman-actor ever, Tom Hardy's brilliant as Bane, and Anne Hathaway was actually sexy. I never saw that before.

My expectations were high before, and they have now been satisfied thoroughly.

Job well done, Nolan. Job well done.
  • Spoke to a bunch of people today that agreed withvmecabout the soundtrack. It is nearly nonstop and really distracting. If someone is telling a sad story, I don't need sad music. It relents during the clash between Bats and Bane, but it's annoying the rest of the time, and It seems to be in vogue at the moment.
  • Hans Zimmer gives me goosebumps. They could have a black screen filled with his soundtrack and I would be satisfied.
  • He's good but that doesn't mean we need music blaring out nonstop. Absence increases impact.
  • Seen it. Loved it. My opinion is that Levitt's guy being called Robin was just a nod to fans. I think he's the next Batman, if there's gonna be one. Spotted that first time he spoke to Wayne. Hathaway was amazing as was Hardy and Caine. All in all fucking brilliant fuck you all.

Last shot in the cafe was Inception 2. He's well deed man.
  • Well his surname was Drake in a nod to Tim Drake, the third Robin, who figured out Batman's identity by himself and sought him out so he could become Robin. Although he never took the cowl in the comics, as far as I'm aware, it is obviously set up for him to inherit it in Rises.

Also Alfred didn't know enough about Selina to link her and Bruce ergo datso wrongo.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Christopher Nolan's Sign Off
    nolan_article.jpg

"Alfred. Gordon. Lucius. Bruce... Wayne. Names that have come to mean so much to me. Today, I'm three weeks from saying a final good-bye to these characters and their world. It's my son's ninth birthday. He was born as the Tumbler was being glued together in my garage from random parts of model kits. Much time, many changes. A shift from sets where some gunplay or a helicopter were extraordinary events to working days where crowds of extras, building demolitions, or mayhem thousands of feet in the air have become familiar.

[justify]People ask if we'd always planned a trilogy. This is like being asked whether you had planned on growing up, getting married, having kids. The answer is complicated. When David and I first started cracking open Bruce's story, we flirted with what might come after, then backed away, not wanting to look too deep into the future. I didn't want to know everything that Bruce couldn't; I wanted to live it with him. I told David and Jonah to put everything they knew into each film as we made it. The entire cast and crew put all they had into the first film. Nothing held back. Nothing saved for next time. They built an entire city. Then Christian and Michael and Gary and Morgan and Liam and Cillian started living in it. Christian bit off a big chunk of Bruce Wayne's life and made it utterly compelling. He took us into a pop icon's mind and never let us notice for an instant the fanciful nature of Bruce's methods[/justify]

[justify]I never thought we'd do a second — how many good sequels are there? Why roll those dice? But once I knew where it would take Bruce, and when I started to see glimpses of the antagonist, it became essential. We re-assembled the team and went back to Gotham. It had changed in three years. Bigger. More real. More modern. And a new force of chaos was coming to the fore. The ultimate scary clown, as brought to terrifying life by Heath. We'd held nothing back, but there were things we hadn't been able to do the first time out — a Batsuit with a flexible neck, shooting on Imax. And things we'd chickened out on — destroying the Batmobile, burning up the villain's blood money to show a complete disregard for conventional motivation. We took the supposed security of a sequel as license to throw caution to the wind and headed for the darkest corners of Gotham.[/justify]

[justify]I never thought we'd do a third — are there any great second sequels? But I kept wondering about the end of Bruce's journey, and once David and I discovered it, I had to see it for myself. We had come back to what we had barely dared whisper about in those first days in my garage. We had been making a trilogy. I called everyone back together for another tour of Gotham. Four years later, it was still there. It even seemed a little cleaner, a little more polished. Wayne Manor had been rebuilt. Familiar faces were back — a little older, a little wiser... but not all was as it seemed.[/justify]
    [justify]Gotham was rotting away at its foundations. A new evil bubbling up from beneath. Bruce had thought Batman was not needed anymore, but Bruce was wrong, just as I had been wrong. The Batman had to come back. I suppose he always will.[/justify]

[justify]Michael, Morgan, Gary, Cillian, Liam, Heath, Christian... Bale. Names that have come to mean so much to me. My time in Gotham, looking after one of the greatest and most enduring figures in pop culture, has been the most challenging and rewarding experience a filmmaker could hope for. I will miss the Batman. I like to think that he'll miss me, but he's never been particularly sentimental."[/justify]
  • What if gordon-levitt is being setup to be batman in the new justice league film they are planning and this was an easy way of connecting the dots as bale said he didn't want to be batman anymore.   Could be possible considering they are using the new superman film as a vehicle to reboot superman and also get him in a current timeline so they could pull the two characters together.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's feasible. I'd think they'd want Bruce Wayne in a Justice League film though.
  • depends on the scenario surely?   he makes a few appearances throughout the JL/JLA/JLU series but not many compared to the number of episodes/comics etc where he doesn't show up at all.  Just a thought mind, I could and probably am completely wrong.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I agree I just think that if you're going to do the Justice League you're going to want your big guns. That's why it'll likely be Hal Jordan Green Lantern (although he's not my favourite )
  • They haven't done Flash, Martian Manhunter, Wonderwoman or Hawk Girl yet so are they still going to go ahead and do a bare bones Justice League?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    No Black Widow or Hawkeye films. I'd wonder if there's a couple of nods in Man of Steel, like the way they cranked Hawkeye into Thor.
  • Yeah but the Flash and Wonderwoman characters are tier equivalents of Thor and Hulk in DC land. It'd be a clumsy mess if they have to pack int he origin of those guys and the league and have a new Batman and a new Green Lantern.

To me, Avengers and Batman is the logical end of this spate of Superhero films, to me. I think i'll stomach Superman if it is good, but I doubt i'll see any of the others unless they get spectacular reviews. Spidey was fun, but just confirmed that I was done with the whole schtick.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!