The Dark Knight Rises for the last time... (Spoilers as well if you like)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm in your boat but I can just see them speeding out this movie to get the cash monies. I'm done with superheroes. I have a lot of love for Supes - remember the death of superman series vividly from when I was 8 and still have a lot of those issues, so I'll give it a shot. But I dont know what needs to be done now.
    It maybe needs a rest for 10 years.

Of course that will never happen.
  • Yar, but they already said they won't give all characters there own film, they don't want to follow the marvel route,  they want things to be grittier.   I would imagine that this would change "if" they do actually do a justice league film and it would be based on the success of it.  Saves them potentially making a flop.  The Batman and Superman films clearly have a larger fan base and audience, even in non comic book fans everybody knows who they are.   How many people who didn't read the comics would know who hawk girl, black canary, martian manhunter etc etc were?  Probably very few, but everyone knows who Batman and Superman are.
  • I'd bet on them being a permanent fixture for about 10-15 years, at least. They seem to be studio bread and butter for money now. I am one of those people who like Superman instead of just dismissing him as 'lol op what can stop him lol' and I've chatted to Bugul at length about it. Superman allows you to do the truly fantastical, sling villains at him like the Doomsday, Braniac or the Tyrant Sun, but those characters often exploit scales and concepts the average cinema goer would probably call naff, so they never translate those into film and instead just stick with Luthor and never really capitalise on his genius. I've no faith in Snyder, but I really want Man of Steel to be the Superman film I've been waiting for.

Yar, but they already said they won't give all characters there own film, they don't want to follow the marvel route, they want things to be grittier.

I didn't know that, makes sense then.
  • http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-the-dark-knight-rises/

I like these guys and their style, but not everyone will I'm sure.

Silly pre-review stuff is only a couple of minutes.
  • Half in the Bag is superz.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I liked the Prometheus a lot. But this one has too much conversation.
  • Thats what I like about it. 2 genuine opinions. Worth infinitely more than any Empire review.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Most things are.
  • lolz, yes. I guess I meant as far as visual reviews go these people are the dogs willies.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So, have to say, massively disappointed by this. But I'm not sure why as it seems to hit all the right notes. It seemed baggy and pointless in places. I was initially thrown by Bane's voice but it grew on me despite my thinking of the Knights who say Ni! every time he opened his mouth. Might have been just a bit too bombastic compared to The Dark Knight.
  • Kow wrote:
    So, have to say, massively disappointed by this. But I'm not sure why as it seems to hit all the right notes. It seemed baggy and pointless in places. I was initially thrown by Bane's voice but it grew on me despite my thinking of the Knights who say Ni! every time he opened his mouth. Might have been just a bit too bombastic compared to The Dark Knight.

This.

I came out the cinema pretty disappointed tbh, think I went into the cinema expecting greatness but it was all way over hyped for me. The relentless soundtrack was fucking ridiculous at times, and despite adjusting to Banes voice I often struggled to hear others, often being drowned out by the music. The action sequences were a bit meh compared with Dark Knight, still my favourite.
  • No really sure why there's debate as to whether Bruce is alive, seems very clear cut he is to me. Was The Bat the one from the wreckage or another prototype and they were discussing the autopilot function? They said the software update was 6 months ago.

Overal I loved the film, thought it was a great send off.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Bruce had been missing for about 5 months though so that was about right. I don't see any debate about him being alive either. He was clearly there. Very poor 'open to interpretation' if that's what it's meant to be.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I don't think it is supposed to be open to interpretation. People are just plonking inception on top of it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I think it was the Kermode review that implied it but he was probably referring to the other thing really.
  • No doubt in my mind either that it was real although how Nolan set it up does indeed open it up to suggestion. We first see Alfred's dream/hope that when on Holiday he'll see Wayne on another table. And at the end of the film, we see the exact same location and shot. All that Nolan is saying is that Alfred's wish came true although it could (wrongly) be perceived as Alfred still dreaming/wishing.
  • Yeah I don't think it could be any other way. He tells Bruce the restaurent and city of where he goes, Bruce knows this and uses it as a way to show him he's alive.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    OMG. Nolan has us debating the end! He's a GENIUS!
  • It's about as open to interpretation as the end of The Italian Job.
  • three1ne wrote:
    No doubt in my mind either that it was real although how Nolan set it up does indeed open it up to suggestion. We first see Alfred's dream/hope that when on Holiday he'll see Wayne on another table. And at the end of the film, we see the exact same location and shot. All that Nolan is saying is that Alfred's wish came true although it could (wrongly) be perceived as Alfred still dreaming/wishing.

I don't buy this because of how film works. You don't show superfluous stuff. Nor do you cram in last minute exposition if you're building to a 'debateable' ending. As Reg as said, if he is just dreaming it, why not cut when Caine smiles? He shows you Wayne and Selina because they are there. If he ever comes out and says otherwise then he needs to go fuck himself because he pisses on all sorts of logic to make a dumb point.
  • Innit.
  • It sound like i'm ragging on Three1ne, but I'm not. I just think Nolan could have opened it up 'better' and all the people who think he's dead are just jacking themselves off a wee bit.
  • Part of the problem might be that him being dead would've made a better ending, so there's some wishful thinking going on.
  • DC wouldn't allow it. Part of me thinks Nolan did want to do it, and the suits snubbed him.
  • Oh absolutely, people who are trying to say he wasn't alive are simply wrong, really.
  • Maybe the WHOLE THING is in Alfred's head.
  • Maybe when little Bruce fell in the well he bumped his head and IT'S ALL A DREAM.
  • Bruce never comes back after he runs away in Begins. Alfred dreams the whole thing. The final film ends with Alfred sat in a chair, old and decrepit. Rachael tells him it's time for him to go to bed and not a single muscle on his face flinches. The shadow of a bat is cast over the wall as it flys past one of the huge arched windows in Wayne manor, and his eyes tear up.

Cue huge horns and

tumblr_lh3aoeB5Qp1qhskppo1_400.gif
  • Tempy wrote:
    They haven't done Flash, Martian Manhunter, Wonderwoman or Hawk Girl yet so are they still going to go ahead and do a bare bones Justice League?

I am a bit surprised they haven't done a Wonderwoman film yet. Then again, after the awful Catwoman film they probably got put off a new female superhero film.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!