Super Street Fighter 4: Cross-up Tatsu Wake-up Ultra edition.
  • Nick wrote:
    bogard wrote:
    Nick wrote:
    You should come over for an MM sometime man, we do prize money and everything now.

I'm guessing that somewhere in Britain?

Your guess is correct.

Well, I'm from Belgium so stopping by won't be that convenient. I'm still tempted though!!!

• I know you're from there you silly. It's worth it, trust me!
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Ah, but if they fixed it, it would be good! All they need to do is fix the gameplay and it'll be brilliant. It had such potential, but just... urgh.
    I've seen videos of the game play after the patch. Oh how I did lol when Rolento's throwing knife met a fireball and the entire game shat itself and crashed. If someone at Capcom hasn't been fired, there is no justice in the universe.
    Yup, fucking ludicrous bug to get through testing. It's like the game was built with spiderwebs and magic, sawdust and spit. But the magic used in construction was awful, like Soul Arrow if the arrow was actually a paper plane and the soul part was actually cloth. Imagine that, an airplane made of fucking cloth instead of paper. The mind boggles. Fuck.
  • nick, didn't text me back about mm! *Sad face*
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Oh that was you? Sorry man, got a new phone and lost my contacts. Results thread on MM.com.
  • Nick wrote:
    Oh that was you? Sorry man, got a new phone and lost my contacts. Results thread on MM.com.

only top three. I wanted the full bracket!

He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Full results have now gone up on www.mordor-mashup.com MK if you are interested.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    MordorMashup.com - What's that? Oh yeah, the website where we all talk about Street Fighter...
  • lol, full of inaccuracies and it should've been boxer but still.

2hwmbg0.jpg
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    bogard wrote:
    Well, I'm from Belgium so stopping by won't be that convenient.

Sky High Claw.
  • Escape wrote:
    bogard wrote:
    Well, I'm from Belgium so stopping by won't be that convenient.

Sky High Claw.

lol
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    That collectors set will be mine, I guarantee. I'm a sucker for that kinda stuff.  MM13 was the best yet. High level play went on. Ill post full results and rankings as soon as I can. Shyam: will be great to see you again! Where you been?!

I'll try my best to be at the next one.

Believe!
    Believe!
  • It'd appear I need to buy an SF4, not so much to play because I don't like this videogame, but to have a fightman game that'll display button inputs in its Training mode, find out what exactly my newly constructed hitbox is firing out signal-wise.

If I can locate a piss-cheap copy of Vanilla, will that do the job?
  • or just take it around to a mates house.
  • I lack me-local videogame people I know/trust, else I would.
  • I now really like SFxT.

Flat mate almost always pumps me at it though.
  • is it dual mod?
  • May be of interest to you guys in here.

Great interview with Yoshinori Oni on Eurogamer about his recent illness and not being too pleased with Capcom
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • I saw it, nice article.
    Frosty wrote:
    I now really like SFxT.

Flat mate almost always pumps me at it though.

Fancy a game sometime? Most of the MM lot have dropped it, but I still love my Hwoarnaganagrang.

• mk64 wrote:
    is it dual mod?

Somewhat - I'm using the first gen Akishop PS360 PCB (there's a + version for pre-ordering but I've no idea how it fundamentally differs from the OG beyond cosmetics.)
  • No somewhat about it. PS360 is a dual pcb. I use one in my HRAP V3 SA.
  • Diffo between 360 and 360+ is supposed to be a more robust set of code.

I think they had a problem with some boards failing early and so opted for a redesign.

In regards to SFxTekken, me and Neutral Fanboy are playing this pretty much every day until July, if people want games.

After Evo I'll be dropping it though. Barring a Mahvel style 'ultimate' reboot, I'll be going back to Tekken 6 while I wait for Tag 2. Which is a shame, as the core mechanics are fine, its just the implementation of the assist gems, and the ludicrous decision to allow some characters to be able to cross up from near point blank range while giving many characters no way of being able to deal with it.

Also fuck a shoto in this game like never before, safe tatsus into mixups, charge cancellable fireballs, safe donkey kicks and SRKs that can naturally combo. Vomit.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Seth Wotsit's been making noises about a suite of tweaks, but am fairly sure the game is straight doomed. Waste of the those backgrounds I tell thee, waste.

Easiest way to get an SF4 was just to purch-o-download AE of XBL, which I did. It has revealed some interesting/annoying problems with movement inputs, or at least my movement inputs, whereby I'm managing both to not hit buttons hard enough (the Down during HCFs) or too much and getting multiples. (Punches/kicks seem problem-free so far)

Possible adjustments:

- Install Seimitsu 24mm plungers, which are flatter topped, over the Sanny switches, to ease slide travel.
    - Find a way of reducing switch engage distance
    - Some kind of electronic 'clean up' solution that keeps inputs more discreet - Toodles makes a simultaneous cardinal direction input resolver add-on PCB, which allegedly will play with the PS360; I have ordered it on the off chance it helps me out.

Time to hit the @Escape key.

I refuse to be thwarted, in case that wasn't tiresomely apparent.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    I'll be going back to Tekken 6 while I wait for Tag 2.

I'm in training. Chaolan's on the sunbed.
  • Senator Jack is coming to the end of his term in office. Soon he will return to the frontlines.

And something about Dragunov as well, but I never was able to make a witty customisation of him. Apart from when I had him bare chested and wearing a cowboy hat, brokeback style.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    The Street Fighter 25th Anniversary site is up.

Enjoy.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Right you lot, sort me out.

I got SF4 and then SSF4 way back and as much as I loved it at the beginning, I hit a serious wall quite early on and just wasn't getting any better. Couldn't even manage to do most of the combos in the training stages (tried to do Ryu's for literally hours). Eventually got frustrated and turned it off.

I love the idea of these games and I reckon if I could just find a way into it, I'd be hooked proper, but I struggled. 

Reading the EDGE review of SFXT it sounds the most beginner friendly, so should I go with that one? It's even got a proper tutorial, right?

Maybe the Marvel one or SSF4 Arcade?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Bear in mind that SFxT is riddled with bugs.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!