Super Street Fighter 4: Cross-up Tatsu Wake-up Ultra edition.
  • "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Hmm, had a bbq at Bas his work last friday, when he suddenly mentions, "hey, did I tell you we have a street fighter cab here". I didn't know, and it was quite a beautiful thing, made by two guys from guerrilla. Had a Bravo tv (of course), two (I think) tournament sticks and and Arcade Edition. After a few games when I couldn't even remember how to do supers or ultras, (still won from some of those guys though, won't mention they were first timers...) I decided it was time to get back into this. Don't have much time for games these days, but half an hour of some kicking and punching should be doable.

So, I'm kinda lost with all the games, I have Super for the 360, if I download AE, do I need to put a disc in when I want to play? If I don't need any, I of course prefer that to a disc version. Otherwise, it will be cheaper to just buy a second hand game.

Question 2, for the stick, I have a ps3 hori thing. I'd like to play with that one on the 360, and I know someone (I think it was Chopper) mentioned a converter for it. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Slightly scared to go back into this, but I enjoyed those few games quite a bit last week.
  • If you have the disc for Super, you need to insert it to play if you download the AE update.

Regarding the stick, how good/expensive is it? If it was just one of the stock £40-50 hori's maybe better off just getting a 360 equivalent. I'm not massively au fait with converters, but I thought going from PS3 to 360 is pain in the arse because of the security chip needed for controllers to work on a 360, that's if it's even possible at all. Going from 360 to PS3 is not so much of a problem, because the PS3 doesn't have the same stupid protection system as the 360.

Lemme just go and check on the PS3 to 360 converter and see if I can find one...

EDIT: Initial foray turned up one possible but looked like it had been out of stock for a while on Amazon.

Best advice, if you're not fussed on having arcade quality parts, get a second hand or cheap new if you can find one Madcatz SE stick off Ebay or something.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Hmm, so there's an update to the Super game and a full game download separate? The update is cheaper than the full download? Doesn't really matter anyway, not that much work to switch discs.

The stick, well it's just a simple hori fighting stick 3. It says HP3-01 on the back. Bas will go crazy when I'm gonna buy another stick I'm afraid. 

Looking around a bit myself, might be easier to get a second hand stick somewhere.
  • Yeah they released a standalone full AE release for digital download on Live I think. The update from Super to AE costs about 1200 points or something and I presume the standalone AE download is about £20.00

With your stick I think the easiest option is just to buy a stick for the 360. Pretty sure that the security chip issue is making PS3 to 360 conversion almost impossible. Your only other option would be to have someone dual mod your stick to work on both PS3 and 360 by replacing or adding a second PCB. But the cost for that would likely run to more than the price a decent entry level stick.

I would deffo check ebay and the net for one of versions the Madcatz SE, probably your best bet for a decent stick for minimal investment.

If you want to resolve the possible dispute over buying a second stick, just tell him that he should be thankful you aren't buying one from www.b15sdmdesigns.com
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    That's not what I wanted to hear!!! Although 1200 points for AE is not that bad, it's 30 euro's via Live, and 15 at it's cheapest second hand.

Are those xbox sticks also useable on a pc? Or even my hori ps3 thing? Just curious, was talking to Bas after last Friday that I wanted a cabinet as well, he's up for the idea as well, but prefers one with all the old classics as well, so would be nice if we could just put a pc in it and have the controllers working as well.
  • The sticks are usually USB so I imagine they are recognised by the PC yep. Is your net code back up to scratch yet Nina? I recall we were of similar skill level so if you ever want to fight JUST FUCKING COME HERE AND LETS DO IT tweet me.
  • Yep, both 360 and PS3 sticks if they are wired by USB will work with PCs.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    That's nice, might be something to keep in mind when the other ones starting to give me trouble.

Looking around a bit online, I hardly see any SE's, just the TE's, and they are all 80+ euro's... Dunno if that's worth it.

I actually don't know about the net code, have to look into that as well. I usually don't have any troubles, but it's been a while since I've actually played something online. 
    And I'll tweet you as soon as I remember those damn inputs again. I felt silly not knowing how to do them anymore, just throwing stupid silly simple fireballs with Chun Li, while my button mashing opponent was getting all flashy.
  • Oh oh! AE was on sale on Steam the other day, for like $10 or something ridiculous, maybe it's still going cheap.
  • would any usb stick work on a pc? If so what do i need to make it work? If I was using mame it would just be recognised under the normal input?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Not sure about any USB stick mate, but TE or SE should work fine with MAME. Played at a mates a few times with two TE's plugged in to his laptop. Getting my TE to work with PC AE was piss, just plug it in, it updates the drivers, start the game and play.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • I got curious about sfiv sales stats so went to wiki yesterday. "released in 2008" ... WTF?

Have we really been playingbthis for four years???
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Yes, but since Hakan only came with Super I have only really been playing properly since 2010. Four years already though, time flies and all that malarky. Nearly halfway to how old 3rd Strike was when SF4 was released.
  • I thought it was released in 2009.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 2008 Japanese arcades, came to West in 2009.
  • Do you think we would all still be playing this if it was vanilla and no other versions had cone out?
  • Yes.
  • I would. I preferred Vanilla to all other versions.
  • You fightmen are mental so I'd go with "yes" and "will probably still be playing it when SFVI is out".
  • It cripples my ability to play any other games, but I buy them anyway.

• I would not. No Hakan. I had pretty much stopped playing vanilla regularly after 6 months. 

My Tekken skills on the hand would be tippity top, instead of slowly decaying to rusty poopoo.
  • Best stick on the market currently is the Qanba Q4. Works on 360/PS3/PC out of the box and has full Sanwa parts. It also looks really nice. £99.99 and is available from Gremlinsolutions.co.uk I believe.
  • I have one and Chop is 100% correct with all his points.  I think the shipping is £10-15 on top from Gremlin, but their delivery service is usually nice a quick.

Oh and the Qanba stick bag is fucking amazing.

Deffo best value stick available right now if nothing else.
  • The blue one's art quality isn't great, that's the only negative thing I can say about them. Damn solid stick.
  • Roujin wrote:
    I would not. No Hakan. I had pretty much stopped playing vanilla regularly after 6 months.

The lack of Hakan can't be a reason not to continue playing vanilla if it was still the only version to have been released, seeing as if there was no Super, you would not "miss" Hakan... erm, what was I saying?
  • I think you'll find a lack of Hakan is a gameberaker for our Rouj.

Whom I couldn't play with last night boo.
  • Even though it wouldnt have been no Hakan that stopped me playing vanilla if he never existed, it would have been that I could not connect with any of the characters in Vanilla really. 

I mained Blanka only because the last time I played SF (SF2 World Warrior on the SNES) I used to use Blanka. 

Also, boo last nights internet connection, the internet gods were not smiling on us. Will try again tonight and over the weekend.
  • i think i'll get myself one of them. Looks better than the TE option right now.
  • I would say right now, they are probably your best option if you are buying a completely new stick. I think the new PS360+ PCB is out though, in which case owners of TEs and RAPs and the like now have a super easy way to dual mod their sticks.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!