Super Street Fighter 4: Cross-up Tatsu Wake-up Ultra edition.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Does look like a nice stick, above my budget at the moment though.

Is this gonna be limited? Or will they still be available in the coming months. Going on holidays in September, Bas is gonna kill me if I'm going to spend all the moneys now. 
    Guess I'll just have to play on the ps3 for the next month, then see if I can get a stick after September for the xbox.
  • Qanba's not going anywhere, unless you want one of the limited edition ones, but the regular black one is a standard item.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Ordered. Got the SF20 art book while I was at it. Customs will royally fuck me over when these come through.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Two squares at a time and blame it on lag.
  • That is awful.

Hopefully you can make a profit on it, Som.
  • This is a pretty horrendous example od pointless collectors tat.

Seriously, are capcom going to produce anything useful? How about a big fuck off encyclopaedia of the last 25 years worth of SF games? No, you'd rather do the chess set and a collectors edition with games and soundtracks that serious fans already own, that features nothing new apart from a ryu figure and a pretend ryu belt.

Som you must be insane, or loaded. Fingers crossed you turn a profit (or play a lot of chess).
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Roujin wrote:
    Som you must be insane, or loaded. Fingers crossed you turn a profit (or play a lot of chess).

I'm funding the purchase using the hundreds I'm making from selling my Street Fighter statues. If I told you guys I was buying the Shin Akuma statue back in 2006/7 for £160, you would be laughing at me, wouldn't you? Not when I'll be selling it for £1,500.

EDIT: statues are completely different kettle of fish though, I guess. genuine works of art. You uys are making me have second thoughts. The set does look a bit underwhelming now. Still getting the artbook though.
  • Shiiiiiiit, insanity disproved, eye for future collectibles confirmed.

Maybe you should just buy it anyway!
  • It's always a gamble with collectibles, but you've proven how well they can work out with your statues.

The chess set is shit, but that's not to say someone won't pay silly money for it one day!
  • It's only the early ones that sell for loads. Back when the guy made Akuma and Ryu in very limited numbers (he didn't know if they would sell), not many people knew about them or bought them. As he did more, like Cammy and Ken, people bought them, fanbase grew, edition size of each statue grew, until now when you can actually buy Guile for less than the RRP price!

EDIT: just had message from the guy who bought my Cammy and Vega, he would be willing to make an offer on Ken, yay! And if I wait for him to get money together for late August or so, he may buy Ryu for £900..... !

AGREE now that the chess set looks rubbish. Order cancelled.
  • I saw Ryan Hart on the subway in Tokyo. I also went and played a fair set against a Fuudo look-a-like (who also used Fei Long) in the Big Box arcade. I beat him in the first two games, got downloaded, then lost 5 straight. However, I hav now.en't played SF since February so I wasn't too disheartened.

Seriously, seriously, considering moving to Tokyo in 18 months or so.
  • Haha, I knew Carp was there from his Twitter.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Out of curiosity, anyone here play SFIV on their 3DS? Much cop?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Played it once, put it back in the box.

If they had turned the touch pad into a six button set up it would have been a different story. Mario Kart is also a dickhead for not letting you use the touchpad for accelerate. Would be so much less painful!
  • lol, thought you were insulting me there!

Reg, its my third most played game on my 3ds. Its very good for a port of vanilla. I can't wait to see how it looks on the xl.

The over the shoulder view is a bit gimmicky but makes for a nice change once in a while. great for two player mode too.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • It's super, that's swirl, and if I was insulting you I'd call you duckhead : D
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Out of curiosity, anyone here play SFIV on their 3DS? Much cop?

Funnily enough, I was looking around for it last night and couldn't find it. :(
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    How's the Street Pass stuff work?
  • Dunno, I played about half an hour on release and haven't seen it since...
  • It's a bit gash but basically you use xp points from sp and mp to exchange for figurines which have stats.

You then have a stat limit for your team. You pick your team of five which goes up against the persons team you sp with.

The battle animation is basic but quick (hold y) as the two teams face off one by one.

It's 90% luck in terms of how the other team has set there team. Bit of psychology in that most kids will pick two full stat (level 7s) characters at the start but then have a shit team so combat that with your team which are two crap characters at the start then three strong. You win 2-3.

A lot of people do the above so obviously you can counter that team with some fiddling.

It's not great but can pass the time.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I know its MM on saturday but Ricky and I are going to the fitzroy tavern for a beer sometime after work tomorrow, around 6-6.30ish. Everyone local from the B&B is welcome to pop down. Pm me for number if you've never met up with us.
  • Think the MM has devolved into a locals session as there aren't many attending on Sat due to holidays, olympics and stuff.

Would love to join you guys for drinks but alas I work outside Lobdon so making it in for drinks during the week is impossible. Plus Olympic visitors ramming the trains.
  • or you can come into london, come for drinks, stay and mine and go to nicks in the morning for some MM!

trains aren't that bad.. not round my way anyway!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    A lot of people do the above so obviously you can counter that team with some fiddling. It's not great but can pass the time.

Sounds like the kind of thing that'd get really addictive really quickly.
  • Well yes and no. Collecting the 500 figurines is more addictive imo.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Oh dear, 500 figurines? That may have just sold me.
  • there are multiple models of each figurine but they are repeated just with different stats. When you max out of what you can hold you have to go through and manually delete the worst of each level. It doesn't explain well but you'll see when you get there.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!