Super Street Fighter 4: Cross-up Tatsu Wake-up Ultra edition.
  • Yes. Cvsnk 3 would be the best option. I still don't know why cvsnk for gc didn't become a massive tourny game.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Yeah I await KoF XIV with the high hopes SNK Playmore actually put some thought into making online at all viable. XIII felt absolutely right the moment you started playing it, but having no way to play smooth online matches in the evening it just slowly died away.

I hope for a Vampire Saviour Online Edition to go with the advertising push for DS4, that would be awesome.

Also on SFxT and the Rolento fireball calamity, word is the entire QA department got fired for it. So there is some justice at least. Capcom should go the route of Tekken and hire some top players and get them into the Dev test team. Problem is finding dudes who'd be alright never competing in said game.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • @mk

One huge reason is this - that console had a lovely pad, but it's probably the worst pad you could try and use for a 6 button fighter. No stick support without modding either.
  • Hori released at least one stick for the GC, cos I have it.

Stock parts but iirc you can fit a JLF/LS-Whatever in there.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Remind me why the GC version is being mentioned and not the PS2 version or DC? Was it better in some way? All I remember is that there were "Easy Operation" moves.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • The GC and xbox ports of CvS2 had some balance changes and changes to some of the grooves, which is why they were ignored in favour of the arcade and PS2 versions.

Roll cancelling was removed, which is a huge part of high level play.

I would love a CvS2: Online Edition on PSN/XBL.
  • @Nick or Dubs anyone other would-be sensei...

Up for few games this week? 

Been online a few times this week and been mostly taken to pieces. Need input.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Just jumping on Halo but shout if/when you're free.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    Left to their own devices Capcom's in house team have managed to produce MvC3 (borked beyond reason at launch) [...]

What was wrong with MvC3? I know it wasn't to everyone's tastes, but I thought it was technically fine?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Well at launch it was chock full of imbalance and horror. Good Phoenix teams were nigh on unbeatable (and still pretty much are if you're playing Filipino Champ...) and full of horribly exploitable shit, it had the DHC glitch where characters with short animation-non offensive Hyper moves (Whesker and Zero for instance) could come in after one Hyper move and then carry on a new combo without damage scaling. Plus X Factor was even more bullshit than it is today. There's probably more but I don't know the game well enough to list them all!

It needed some tweaks and it got them and as far as I know, nowadays things are much better and although I have no interest in going through the mind fuck of playing it, to watch at high level it's super entertaining. Mainly for crazy shit like this:

"In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Dubs wrote:
    Just jumping on Halo but shout if/when you're free.

Cheers Dubs, good games. You're a beast.

Gonna hit those tutorials and have a look see. Need to be doing more damage when/if I do get in.

And I seriously gotta sort that bloody mike out.
  • Just tried to add you JRPC, but alas yer list is full. Hopefully see you in a lobby some time soon!
  • Cherry_Pez wrote:
    Just tried to add you JRPC, but alas yer list is full. Hopefully see you in a lobby some time soon!

Cheers buddy, I've needed to have a cull for a while now.

Will sort it and send out you an invite.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Cheers JRPC, whilst I do have some muscle memory remaining I am extremely rusty and was always some way behind the MM regulars.  I'm having trouble landing Sakura's basic combos at the moment.

But yeah the main thing I noticed is that you need to be more aggressive.  Especially when you get a knockdown, keep the pressure on, go for a cross-up with jumping mk, throw, meaty attack (hits as they get up) into combo or just fake them and try to get a reaction.  Check  Shoryuken for combos and stuff.  The lists are quite exhaustive on there but when I started I just picked a fairly simple combo I could do reliably, ready to go as soon as someone made a mistake.  Then set the training dummy to throw out unsafe moves and practice punishing with it, so when you're in a match you don't even think about it.

EventHubs is another helpful place.

Are TE sticks known for their mic issues?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Cherry_Pez wrote:
    Well at launch it was chock full of imbalance and horror. [...]

Oh I see what you mean. I thought you meant there was something like the Rolento knife/fireball glitch from SFxT.

Yeah, vanilla was a bit bat shit. Still loved it though, but perhaps because it was basically TvC I could play with friends. And TvC is the best beat 'em up ever. ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • You could play with friends but no one in the lobby could watch the matches.

That's up there with Capcom claiming the reason you couldn't have local 2 player teams going online in SFxTekken 360 version was because of the way Live works.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Swirl, I keep telling you Divekick is the best fighter but you just won't listen : D

Here's a controller - it's 'streamlined' to play the Best Game Ever.

DiveKickHORI.jpg

• Damage output in UMvC3 is even higher than in MvC3 and almost all teams can kill Thor in one combo.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Cherry_Pez wrote:
    Well at launch it was chock full of imbalance and horror. Good Phoenix teams were nigh on unbeatable (and still pretty much are if you're playing Filipino Champ...) and full of horribly exploitable shit, it had the DHC glitch where characters with short animation-non offensive Hyper moves (Whesker and Zero for instance) could come in after one Hyper move and then carry on a new combo without damage scaling. Plus X Factor was even more bullshit than it is today. There's probably more but I don't know the game well enough to list them all! It needed some tweaks and it got them and as far as I know, nowadays things are much better and although I have no interest in going through the mind fuck of playing it, to watch at high level it's super entertaining. Mainly for crazy shit like this:

Exactly.

But yes. Fuck playing the damn thing.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Well yeah the damage has been increased certainly but it has made the playing field a little bit more level as nearly any team can touch of death another. But no, there was no game crunchingly bad bug as in SFxT!

Whatever happens with DS4 and eventually SFV I hope they've learned and actually put some proper testing in, SFxT was rushed out so fast it's not really surprising it's a total mess. Oh and fuck Gems.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Yeah : /

And Ono has collapsed from exhaustion, and Spooky is hanging up his streaming gear after Evo, and Gooteks has stopped making a million vieos. Still, the tournaments are getting bigger so it just means others will fill their shoes.

I met Seth at SvB and he was a thoroughly nice chap. He'll be missed.
  • SFxTekken taking names hahaha.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    You could play with friends but no one in the lobby could watch the matches.

That was supremely gash. Meant that eight player lobbies never happened, you'd never get more than three because other wise you'd spend more time sat around waiting to play than actually playing. Monumentally stupid. MvC3 was fun, but I'm more than willing to admit that it also felt a bit like a glorified beta test.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    @ JRPC - I always play SFIV and Strekken on a Friday night. Drunk, too.

Add me back.
  • anyone going to animecon/ultimate clash in holloway road this weekend?

http://www.animeleague.net/forum/showthread.php?75394-London-Anime-Con-Conbook-amp-Final-Event-Information
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Just ordered the 25th anniversary collector's set from GameStop US. I'm sure to be hit hard by import taxes, BUT I AM HARDCORE FAN YO!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    My activation date is now the 16th of July. I will return.

Everybody loves a winner. Ya'll can see that I am.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    (I don't cruise the streets of Siam.)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!