PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Smash it mike
  • Good stuffs all round.

To add to the good stuffs.
    My current client are keeping me gainfully employed as they find a replacement for a fella that left. They spoke to me yesterday and said they have hired someone much more Junior and will need me on a longer basis.
    Also an old work mate rang me asking for day rates as he wants me in on a job he is putting forward.
    Also also I was at a party on Saturday, bloke turned up in a Ferrari, turns out he was sound and also looking for people who do exactly what I do. As in my clients have pitched against him in the past.

Forum is coming up Milhouse.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    2017: DOLLAR DOLLAR BILLS Y'ALL
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    We got asked our fav food today, kebab obv. Room didn't go into rapturous applause which confused me.
  • Bunch of Thacterite scum.
  • Or vegetarians.
    Nice one Mike and Live!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Top news all round guys, great to hear it as well
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Still want a new job, but at the point where i have to stay where I am, as i wouldn't be eligible for paternity pay if i switched jobs. Still on a bullshit pip, but I've scudded the benchmarks out the park.

Going to suggest to my gaffer that rather than continue it, he sacks it, gives me a department and tells me what needs done with it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Sucks that paternity etc has to be earned, one of the girls on Retail just got booted, they made her job redundant didn't invite her to apply for the new role and it all magically happened just before her two years comes up which would entitle her to a redundancy payout

Given the reasons you were off though do you really think that the added responsibility of a department would be a wise move. Just I'm think from the position of employer, given you'll be taking time off for paternity then giving a department to someone who can't give it full attention wouldn't be an attractive option, also given taking time off with stress it could be argued that giving you a department would be placing you under unreasonable extra pressure, to the point that you could use it in a case for constructive dismissal. If you're that unhappy with them, just ride it out whilst you look elsewhere. I've been that dead man walking in the past and it's a horrible feeling, wouldn't wish it on anyone
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Aye and no.

If I've got a department (av has went to fuck in the last year) i can make a visible impact in, it'd motivate me more than this pip shite. The pips arbitrary shit that my boss has assigned to me, and doesn't really measure how i do my job. That said though, av is a neglected department, and despite introducing several new things last year, i was still considered to have not achieved. Finance is in a state, the lassie that has it just now hates it, would rather focus on customer service etc. I'm decent with numbers and have an eye for detail, so wouldn't mind finance.

Decided yesterday though, if i could find a job that was full time schmoozing I'd be right up for it. Spent most of yesterday showing around a bunch of suits, from head office, property department and the CEO of universal pictures, just showing off our refurb and talking shite. Seemed to go down well, they sent positive feedback to my gaffer anyway.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Can definitely see how it would motivate you, and I've seen myself how added responsibility can make some people rise. I'm similar myself, I hate to stagnate and that's when I start to be shit and look for elsewhere. Full time schmoozing would be nice but very difficult come by unfortunately, unless you want to be in sales, had some creeps from SAP pestering me this last month about the art of the possible
  • I know, i fucking hate sales. Wouldn't mind being a luxury car auctioneer, watched a lot of 'chasing classic cars' and 'whats my car worth' on quest recently. It's none of that fast talking gibberish, looks more like fancy, relaxed bingo.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Bingo caller, you could chase down DS's old lady high scores
  • Used to manage bingo halls (so did calling etc) before I came into cinema.
  • Just got a message from my boss, all managers need to be in work for 10.3am for a company wide announcement, no further information. Guesses include:

No cost of living increase this year

Mookys selling the company

Manager redundancies are in the post

Sharesave scheme put back another year

None of them positive.
  • I'm currently on first aid course I only found out about yesterday that I couldn't get out of. Today was my day off as well. (and was supposed to be taking momma Gav out to lunch for her bday)

I'll try to update with the hilarious stock photos from the handbooks.
  • Is it at the st andrews place near the fire station? Did mine there, the wee woman that ran the course was hilarious.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Got an hour lunch so swanned back home with a tuna mayo to waffle shit with you sexy bastards. Spending this affie learning how to navigate the Dunelm website. I already know but it's better than team bonding exercises.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    favouritest team bonding exercise. Few years ago one of the questions asked was "celebrity crush", I answered Drew Barrymore, there were a few approving looks, so I followed with "Yes, see, she was proper hot in ET"
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Fucks sake lol
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    Just got a message from my boss, all managers need to be in work for 10.3am for a company wide announcement, no further information. Guesses include: No cost of living increase this year Mookys selling the company Manager redundancies are in the post Sharesave scheme put back another year None of them positive.

They are all being informed that you are now in charge.
  • Hahaha. Things would be different if i was in charge.
  • My boss has just gone on holiday for three weeks, as has my other colleague here, and we're currently between heads of department, so I've basically been left in charge of the press office in the run up to the Edinburgh Festivals (AKA our busiest time of year). Welp.
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    Just got a message from my boss, all managers need to be in work for 10.3am for a company wide announcement, no further information. Guesses include: No cost of living increase this year Mookys selling the company Manager redundancies are in the post Sharesave scheme put back another year None of them positive.

https://www.thestockobserver.com/2017/06/29/cineworld-group-plc-cine-insider-sells-148713-24-in-stock.html
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Looks to me like he's intentionally slightly depressing the price in time for the sharesave scheme mentioned earlier

A couple of our nonexec board members did similar a couple of months ago
  • Aye, we reckon it's something to do with stocks and shares, apparently he's been selling a lot recently. I'm not in the sharesave so it doesn't really matter to me that much, long as it's not redundancies I'm not that fussed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!