Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Today was an absolute fucking nightmare. Had to escalate five phonecalls to management. Jesus fucking Christ.
  • He works there now does he?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Sorry bout that cocko had to vent. Some posh cunt calling me a fucking disgrace because someone in store ordered the wrong fucking 4 pound cup
  • Yeah, sorry about that.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    No need to apologise, that's why I popped in here, just to vent, best place for it imo
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Sorry bout that cocko had to vent. Some posh cunt calling me a fucking disgrace because someone in store ordered the wrong fucking 4 pound cup
    When I did customer service for LG I was stunned by how vitriolic people can be about things that are clearly their own fault. Had one old fella go mad at me down he phone because he couldn't play Blu-Rays with the Blu-Ray re-writer he had bought (or something similar).
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Yeah, sorry about that.

You have a very feminine voice Griff
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Agreed Tiger, 99% of calls are sweet as but I got all the cunts today. One is taking legal action because her delivery came in the afternoon and not the morning lol
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Best bit was posh woman screaming at me that she'd take this problem to the papers, just replied 'okay you do that', shut her the fuck up for a few seconds
  • Heh, I had a guy tell me I'd be hearing from his lawyers cos we wouldn't refund a phone that wouldn't read his O2 sim card, despite it clearly stating on the label it was locked to Vodafone, and that we told him that during the purchase.

"Just keep the phone then. I don't need the money. You'll be hearing from my lawyers instead."

No bother mate.

He came back in ten mins later and accepted a voucher.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Aye it's glorious when they think you'll cave when they go mental. Geezer earlier was renting about wanting compensation on a one grand order, demanding a manager, I informed him that I can do goodwill and offered him a tenner. Wouldn't budge cos he was a cunt so he had to accept.
  • imo It's all about attitude. I'll bend or break the "rules" and sort someone out if they're pleasant or nice, or even have basic understanding of what the fuck is going on. No water off my back.

But the moment someone swears at me, or shouts, or acts aggressively.. Nah, we're done here. See ya. Write to whoever ye want.

Everyone deserves the right to work and not feel threatened or be treated aggressively. Moment you fuck that? Cheerio.
  • This is all very much like that twitter thing recently

"PUT YOUR HANDS ON THE CAR, AND PREPARE TO DIE!"
  • "BUT THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT SO GIVE ME ALL MY DEMANDS YOU FUCKING PEASANT ILL SET MY LAWYERS ON YOU ARAGARAGARAGAHGH I HATE THE WORLD ARGAHAGARAGAGGH!"
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Aye Gav gave some old woman her delivery charge back today as she was sweet and lovely on the phone, shouldn't have but it's six quid, fuck it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Best bit was posh woman screaming at me that she'd take this problem to the papers, just replied 'okay you do that', shut her the fuck up for a few seconds
    I do receive genuine emails about stuff like this. As far as I'm aware, we're yet to publish any such stories.
  • When I worked in a call centre I always had days like that.

One that stood out for me was a fuming foreign bloke swearing/ranting at me because his renewal was higher. Throughout the call he was reminding me how much I personally owed him as he was taking the time to call me while at work, and he was a private doctor making 100 quid an hour.

I had some fun with that one!
  • imo It's all about attitude. I'll bend or break the "rules" and sort someone out if they're pleasant or nice, or even have basic understanding of what the fuck is going on. No water off my back.

But the moment someone swears at me, or shouts, or acts aggressively.. Nah, we're done here. See ya. Write to whoever ye want.

Everyone deserves the right to work and not feel threatened or be treated aggressively. Moment you fuck that? Cheerio.

Yup, same. Fuck the company, I'll happily cost them money if it's the right thing to do. If the customers a cunt though, fuck them, right in the ear. Especially if they're abusive to my staff, that will not stand.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Yeah, sorry about that.

You have a very feminine voice Griff

Why thank you. I do declare.

• That's why I can't watch Hugh Grant in anything anymore (that and his films are shit). He's an absolute c*nt to speak to on the phone.
  • I'm always amazed how shitty people can be on the phone to the receptionists at our place.  From time to time I'll man the phones at the surgery for a bit, just to remind myself what it's like.  

What irritates me more than the fact that people are unspeakably rude to my insanely hard working staff, is that when I then identify myself they suddenly start apologising and being incredibly polite.  Even though if anyone's to blame for the way the practice is run, it's me.
  • I recall reading an article about a husband and wife (or lady and her bloke) working together and for a period pretending to be each other by email. The chap was shocked how rude people were to him when they thought he was a woman.

Edit: it's here http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/sexism-email-experiment-woman-boss-refuses-to-believe-gender-discrimination-a7626501.html
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah the women in our training group seem to get the nastiest, bar today the job has been an absolute piece of piss. Today was too, was fun to get the nasty cunts.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Had a cracking week at work, lots of little wins, everything going well, feeling pretty damn good

Even getting to the point where I'm chasing people who are making requests rather then fending them off

Then this morning one of my network guys has managed to delete my sqladmin user from my production data warehouse, this user is the one that every single job is running under, the one that drives everything

In between laughing my head off at the stupidity of it, I don't even know what all the consequences are yet. This isn't the Friday I was looking forward to

Lol, gotta love that single account running everything. Cockbeard you should know better, running it all off one sqladmin user is just lazy son.
  • Yeah the women in our training group seem to get the nastiest, bar today the job has been an absolute piece of piss. Today was too, was fun to get the nasty cunts.

DS@ just smile and be polite to them. It just winds them up more. Plus it becomes fun after awhile. Done my share of retail when younger, so glad I have a office job.

• Dinostar77 wrote:
    just smile
    On the phone?
  • Yep even on the phone, it's suppose to change your inflections and some other shit and make you sound like a nicer person. We had alot of this training in my retail job.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I do, I'm next level lad but some people are just batshit
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    cockbeard wrote:
    In between laughing my head off at the stupidity of it, I don't even know what all the consequences are yet. This isn't the Friday I was looking forward to

Lol, gotta love that single account running everything. Cockbeard you should know better, running it all off one sqladmin user is just lazy son.

Harsh, and I didn't know you could set services to run off multiple accounts, if that's possible I'll definitely be setting everything to a variable which calls one of three. But if I had split them amongst several different users then taking them back would be impossible

Turns out he thought the email inbox for that user was a bit big so rather than sensing the messages he deejays the inbox and therefore the user

cockocorrect: delete not whatever that crap is

"I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Arsehole customer today (im covering the imax) 'those projectors aren't aligned properly, I'm a cameraman!'

Me: 'you an imax cameraman?'

Punter: 'no, but still......'

Too knackered to argue, have some freebies and fuck off......

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!