Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    I'd imagine it says we can impose new working hours at any time and if you don't like it you can fuck off.

Yes, this. Absolutely nothing, where they contradict themselves aka the switch to every other weekend working, is put in writing. We all know they said it'd revert back to how it used to be, but that means nowt.

They know people can't get a job and as such sign the contract because they need one now. And then bang you're in and pile on the shit. Contemplating that anonymous email to the CEO etc.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    CEO visited two weeks back btw. Spent three hours in a room with the call centre manager, our managers actually did some work, and then he got to chat to handpicked colleagues who rehearsed what they said. Man has no clue how it's actually run.
  • I always hated the fucking routine when a top bod turned up in retail.

I remember at John Lewis we had a new store manager (a big deal as the old one, famous Tory Andy Street, had been there for ages). Everyone was shitting it, licking arseholes left right and centre. She suggested a way of stacking rugs that made no sense and we were put to work doing it. An hour in I approached her and explained why it was a bad idea, my managers faces going white. She agreed and thanked me for the input. Huge middle finger up to the "yes ma'am" middle management.

Still got a bollocking for talking to her, like she is god or something.

Idiots.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah it was absolutely fucking lol. Managers in suits, groomed to within a millimetre, whispers when he was about to arrive. I got bollocked for daring to check BBC Sport while on my lunch break, even though its call centre policy that you can browse the internet on certain sites during your breaks. Best bit was, I was asked if it was a good idea to be on there when the CEO was around, when he was completely on the other side of the call centre and heading on his way out.

He did ask how I was and got an 'alreet mate' to which he looked semi-confused.
  • If you can't tell the higher ups why something stupid is stupid then everyone involved in that decision is stupid.
  • back on that job hunt grind after a week off

tenor.gif?itemid=4821655
  • Reward yourself with a nice cold pint after spending a few hours at applications and emails. I would.
  • Remember, gonz’s contrbution has to be spent on cam whores.
  • Carpet bomb them with cvs and get outta there by 5pm. It is Saturday after all.
  • The irony being I am at work currently
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    tenor.gif?itemid=4821655

I thought new Thrones was next year?
  • Tempy wrote:
    The irony being I am at work currently

Cam whores it is then.
  • Tesco's employment questionnaire is like an a philosophy question from an episode of The Good Place.

Riddle me this:

A member of your team is preparing a customer promotion. She has just been asked to help on checkouts and asks if you could take over. You are currently helping a customer. How do you respond?

A: Say I am sorry, but I am helping a customer and cannot take over the promotion.
    B: Suggest they tell their manager that they cannot help on checkouts
    C: Tell the team member I will help after I finish helping the customer
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think it is C because the customer comes first and the other answers seem vaguely unhelpful.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Deffo C.
  • Definitely C. Checkouts are urgent, whereas setting up promo displays can wait.

Also, Tesco probably have targets on how long a customer can be allowed to wait at checkout.
  • Yeah I didn't pick the best example to be fair, but they are dumb and there were like 10 of them to do on top of writing job experience, education, personal statement, hobbies and interests, references and uploading your CV.

Combined with the shitty website it just took me two hours to apply for a position.

It's 2 days a week at a till for the sake of fuck.

I worked in Tesco for two years out of College.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just write ‘unexpected item in the application area’ on it and send it back to them.
  • And I know blah blah standardised employment blah blah fucking cunting blah
  • Customer service jobs are the worst for this sort of nonsense. I remember when HMV made me sit a written exam on the month’s pop charts (I didn’t get the job) and Blockbuster made 12 of us sit in a circle and discuss our favourite movies and directors (again, didn’t get the job).
  • PC world made me sit a written maths exam. I finished 15 minutes early and it turns out it was supposed to be impossible to finish in the half hour set time. Got 100% as well.
    The other mouth breathers being interviewed were complaining about how hard it was.

Didn't get the job.
  • I once had an interview for a bank, which was procured via an agency. Turned out to be some ultra-conservative, secretive Jewish bank. Two hours of personality multiple-choice questions followed by an interview. One question, what are your views on the Israel/Palestine issue? It was one of the least pleasant places I’ve ever been.
  • At the GW interview I was asked how I identify good copy/bad copy, and the writing that I liked, and how I thought that kind of writing would influence me - was a bit of a stretch getting Ta-Nehsi Coates and Alex Heller-Nicholas to map onto Warhammer.

Oh they also asked me why, if I like writing so much, I am not already doing a job involving writing. I think that one I fucked.
  • I always figure honesty is the best policy. “It’s hard to find full-time writing jobs that pay the bills. Which is why I’m willing to travel 400 miles for this great opportunity.”
  • Yeah I don't think I got that across, I mentioned the difficulty but happened to segue into the fact that most writing jobs seem to target younger people and pay poorly/with exposure which is hard to sacrifice a wage for.
  • If the answer you gave was to glare at them for 10 seconds then ask if they are fucking serious, then it was the correct one.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Just write ‘unexpected item in the application area’ on it and send it back to them.

Heh.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Oh they also asked me why, if I like writing so much, I am not already doing a job involving writing. I think that one I fucked.

Did you offer them to swap lives IF ITS SO FUCKING EASY YOU STUPID CUNT GIVE ME THE FUCKING JOB?

What a fucking stupid, offensive question. You were right to hit him in the nutsack or whatever you did that made you think you fucked it.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • poprock wrote:
    Customer service jobs are the worst for this sort of nonsense. I remember when HMV made me sit a written exam on the month’s pop charts (I didn’t get the job) and Blockbuster made 12 of us sit in a circle and discuss our favourite movies and directors (again, didn’t get the job).

That blockbuster thing is a very american thing to do. I've heard a few stories with similar experience. I'd love to know the workings behind it, given that the people in the ring are supposedly competiting for a job. One friend told me her experience at a Gap one (she's Irish but was in the states). She described a very weird scenario where they went from person to person and each applicant was describing how they had always wanted to work at the Gap , how they loved the lifestyle the gap embodied, how they saw themselves as future manager material and wanted to work up the gap ladder etc. She was honest and said she just wanted a summer job but would work her ass off. 

She didnt get the job.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!