Work - The pros and the cons...
  • Surely the Church of England is all about the wasps.
  • Creating wasps seems more of a Catholic thing to do to me.
    They saw the joy of bees and decided it must be punished.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Brilliant video Tempy, great job that.

Could do with more bees though.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    White Anglo-Saxon bees
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    My in laws friends own a lavender farm in Wales. I think they've stolen all the bees tbh, it's quite the sight. And sound for that matter.
  • I applied for a job doing typical Office Admin for Glasgow Council back at the start of December and they've just offered me an interview. Gonna take it, and if I get it, accept the job. If GW hire me after that point, then more power to me I guess?
  • Nice one.
    Yeah best way.
  • Nice one Temps! Good luck for your interview!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • All the best with it Temps.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Council jobs are worth having. Good luck with the interview.
  • I had always presumed there was some sort of bad reaction to doing that but I guess there probably isn't as they'll have backup candidates. Hopefully I can get it, it's not too far removed from what I used to do at E.on. Stability and money would be nice now, grunt work for the Council can probably open a lot of doors. GW job might only be a 12 month contract, but again, opens a lot of doors. Plus it's genuinely "the dream" to work for something I get a kick out of.
  • I do feel weird about the GW one though. It was up for such a short amount of time that I reckon it's an internal hire, so I hope I haven't done all that work for nothing.
  • Don't need to advertise externally though. They could have just advertised internally if that was the case.

I think.
  • Don't need to advertise externally though. They could have just advertised internally if that was the case.

I think.

Let’s not start this convo again. If the job can go to someone internal they’ll keep it in house if at all poss. If there’s no-one good enough internally then it’ll be sent out for the rest of us to clamber at.
  • It seems i'm probably negging myself then
  • Thanks to the GW application, you might have found a worthwhile side gig for future, more settled, Tempy. That was a good piece of video and you could seriously consider trying to build up a YouTube channel along those lines. One day.
  • poprock wrote:
    Thanks to the GW application, you might have found a worthwhile side gig for future, more settled, Tempy. That was a good piece of video and yo2u could seriously consider trying to build up a YouTube channel along those lines. One day.

This, genuinely.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yeah if I ever get a solid job and move flats I'll definitely consider filming my painting a bit more. People make an OK living streaming themselves painting, but it's a bit of a crowded field. It's pointless doing tutorials as Competition Winners have already got that market covered. But I enjoyed doing it and there's nothing to lose by doing it. The main thing it would do is earn me comissions, which is something i've not managed to crack yet.
  • Tempy, I've just left local government after 11 years. If you want some help preparing for interview, let me know.
  • Cheers man, i'll sling you a DM in the next few days
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    When it rains it pours Tenp
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Strip painting videos? Selling "used" brushes? The world is your oyster.

And always say yes to all interviews and job offers. If you got the council job and then GW offer you the painting one and it's better then you can always fob off the council one. You might feel like a bit of a jerk but, hey, these are the same people that don't respond to your applications or give you feedback on interviews. Until you're in the company you ain't nothing to them.

Good luck T!!!
  • It sucks when you're put into a situation where your subject to unreal verbal abuse, and having someone spitting at you and calling you everything and trying to get at you and putting you at risk of physical harm at your work...

.... And knowing its just dementia and the person is just extremely confused and scared and is lashing out.

Where's the line? At what point would I just crack and give the person a piece of my mind? There isn't. I can't.

Sigh. It's saddening but I'm also annoyed.
  • I feel you Gav. I’ve never done the kind of job you do, but I got a taste of it while working on care home design. It’s so bloody rough, psychologically. Dealing with people whose perception of reality just isn’t right, and trying not to take it personally.
  • In my pastoral role I frequently deal with people who are suffering with dementia / Alzheimer’s at various stages. There’s no easy way to deal with it, no quick fix. Just remember it’s not them, it’s the disease. It’s so cruel, often turning nice people horrid and horrid people nice. It’s awful. Feel for you gav. Stay strong.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Utterly amazing scenes today. All ready to go for this Glasgow Council interview. Turn up and the first thing they say “it’s not for the role you applied for”

Nah, it’s only for a fucking customer contact centre, on the same wage I was on at E.on before I went to Uni. Just fucking incredible isn’t it?
  • Tempy wrote:
    “it’s not for the role you applied for”

What the rusty fuck are they playing at? They invited you in to interview for a different job to the one you applied for, and didn’t tell you so beforehand?
  • Apparently so. Double checked the email when I got back in, it's the reference for the Admin job I applied for. But no, I didn't get that one and the Customer Contact Centre took my application and reached out to me without letting me know. Worst thing is I probably have to take it because I can't afford not to. Absolute load of shit though, both because they didn't let me know and also apparently 10 years later, a degree under my belt, experience in QA, back office work, freelance writing and editing, I'm still good for fuck all other than what I did at the Tech Guys.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!