• I didn’t get the Council Cusotmer Service Job, hahahahahhahahahahahaha
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m not really surprised seeing as it wasn’t an interview you were prepared for.

I still think complaining might be worth a shot.
  • Right, that’s it. Time to burn Glasgow City Council to the ground.
  • Doubt it’s anyrhing to do with lack of prep. God knows what it’s about. Sort of sick of this now.
  • Earnt my money today. Fucking hell.

Parents, eh??
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Mildly frustrating, second time in a fortnight I've failed at the final interview stage. The most frustrating thing being that it isn't a fail, feedback was all fantastic just they were lucky enough to either have a better or cheaper applicant. This one was with UK Sports, and while the work seemed a little beneath my desired level the people seemed grand and there looked to be plenty of opportunity to do the more in depth stuff alongside. Oh well another one next week, and it sounds good so maybe third time lucky, I just hope the agencies aren't looking for a massive finders fees and thereby pricing me out of the work
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Starting my new job tomorrow.
    Packed my bags and ironed the weeks shirts. Gonna be wearing a suit and tie for the first few weeks, first time in ages.
    Way more excited than nervous too.

Already been chatting with some of my future colleagues on the course via email and forum messages and there’s already a sense of camaraderie forming which is great.

I can’t believe that after 6 months of application process and so many set backs and difficult times I’m finally about to start a “proper” career for the first time. I’m nearly 34 and have never done a full time “grown up” job with benefits, pension, sick pay, holiday etc.

So damn excited.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yes wooks, so chuffed for you
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Best of luck Wookie.
  • Well done, Wookie. It must be am exciting time. And you'll get the consistency you need with two young pups in the house.
  • Really happy for you Wooks. All the very best with it, fella.

Also, can you help me with speeding tickets please and thank you.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Have fun!
  • Jaco wrote:

That's easy.  Just drive really fast past speed cameras.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Jaco wrote:
    That's easy.  Just drive really fast past speed cameras.

Yes. That's kind of the problem.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Get a motorcycle and do a wheelie when you pass a camera. Saw someone in France do that once, seemed a pretty smart move.
  • There you go, Jim.  Just do a wheelie in your car.  Problem solved.
  • But I don’t own Stubby Bob :-(
  • Tempy wrote:
    Doubt it’s anyrhing to do with lack of prep. God knows what it’s about. Sort of sick of this now.

I’m sorry to hear this Temps.  You need a real run of luck to make up for your current predic.  I feel for you as i was in a similar position at one point. I felt quite lost for quite a while for a few years with work and life.   Tried to better myself, make myself more appealing to employers and whoever but I still had to take a shitty retail job I was ill suited for. It wasn’t good for the soul.  

As happens, once one thing picked up, then other good stuff followed and I remember thinking “I could have done with some of this good stuff six months ago”.  Something decent will come along at some point for you but I guess it’s tricky to feel like that at the moment.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Doubt it’s anyrhing to do with lack of prep. God knows what it’s about. Sort of sick of this now.

I’m sorry to hear this Temps.  You need a real run of luck to make up for your current predic.  I feel for you as i was in a similar position at one point. I felt quite lost for quite a while for a few years with work and life.   Tried to better myself, make myself more appealing to employers and whoever but I still had to take a shitty retail job I was ill suited for. It wasn’t good for the soul.  

As happens, once one thing picked up, then other good stuff followed and I remember thinking “I could have done with some of this good stuff six months ago”.  Something decent will come along at some point for you but I guess it’s tricky to feel like that at the moment.

Cheers Unc, I feel like this piss parade is never ending and boring to talk about and listen to. Had my first ever panic attack last night. Not entirely unrelated to work shite, but not the root cause. Doing a boring day shift at the bar today and tomorrow, whilst dealing with my boss from my other job wanting a conference call to tell me and my useless colleague we did stuff wrong at the weekend, instead of just getting me in to work and showing me how to do shit right. Of cours I don’t get to hold a conference call with her over not getting paid for the extra hours I did in early January.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just put in an application for an assistant readers’ editor role at work. I’m not even entirely sure I want the job, but I do feel I’m stagnating a bit in my current job.
  • Cool, when you get it, get me your current job.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Unfortunately, the guy currently covering my colleague’s sabbatical will probably be first in line.
  • Push him out of the window.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    He does Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in his spare time so no.
  • Construct an elaborate series of machines to do it then.
  • Push Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu out the window.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    But she does karate
  • Yossarian wrote:
    He does Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in his spare time so no.

So, like jiu-jitsu but more neatly trimmed?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!