Work - The pros and the cons...
  • See it as a foot in the door?
  • Aye, fuck it. Take the job if they offer. Once you’re in, you get access to internal job postings. And you’ll be making pension contributions etc, unlike casual jobs.

Also, it’s not that ‘this is all you’re good for’. It’s that this is what they have available right now – and you’ve previously proven you can do it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Plus they’re bound to treat you much better than e.on ever did.

It’s still a shit thing for them to do, but I’d certainly see this as a step up from what you were doing before.
  • True, gah, just mad.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Incidentally, if you don’t get the job, there’s a decent chance you can lodge a complaint and be re-interviewed for the role. Councils tend to deal with HR things absolutely by the book, not giving you a chance to prepare for the interview properly when others presumably have strikes me as something that would be discriminatory.
  • Or set fire to the building.
  • We've got too much of that in Glasgow as it is.
  • Not usually Council-owned buildings, mind. And they do own too many, let’s be honest.
  • I have a phone interview for a job in Stirling Castle on Thursday.  One of the girls at work has also applied and had hers a couple of days ago so it was quite handy to get an idea of what they'll be asking.

Thing is that if I get it, I'd be leaving a permanent job for a temporary one but the one I have now is only in Starbucks and I've been there too long now so really need a change.  I figure I can charm them into keeping me on anyhow.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    I have a phone interview for a job in Stirling Castle on Thursday.  One of the girls at work has also applied and had hers a couple of days ago so it was quite handy to get an idea of what they'll be asking.
    I dunno. She might've fed you false info to take out some of the competition.

Did she tell you that you should go dressed as a court jester, for example?
  • *chuckle*
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • If she didn't at least now you know you need to.
  • A client has asked to sit through an hour of GDPR videos and questionnaires.
    Drier than a sandy arsehole.
  • Yikes. Reminds me of the licensing stuff I had to sit through when applying for my bar job. Miserable.

Sort of frustrated by this turn of events with the council. I really don’t want a call centre job, like “genuinely terrified it’ll pummel my already fragile mental health” don’t want it, but the pragmatic part of me thinks I should take it just in case.
  • Info was good so no worries there.  Not entirely sure how it went.  Was probably fine but I was hoping to say a lot more than I did.  I had a load of notes typed up on my computer screen but the call was only 15 minutes long so rather than being able to show my insights in to things, I had to pretty much skip through it all and just mention things in rather vague terms.

Seemed to go ok but didn't feel that I knocked it out of the park or anything.  Though I'm probably judging it by what I didn't get to say, which obviously isn't what he'll be looking at.
  • This GDPR thing is fucking painful.
    The questionnaire is actually a test. The multiple choice answers are contradictory and sometimes still in French.

They have got French people to do the voice overs in English. WHY!?!
    It is like the worst ever episode of Allo Allo.

Im 9 minutes in and can already feel my soul draining away.
  • I hate GDPR. It took my wife and I four days to sort out everything we needed for our company policies, website etc. And we only did what was strictly necessary / required. There was loads of optional stuff we didn't go near.

The whole thing is an absolute joke.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • I'm suddenly all for hard brexit.
  • Jaco wrote:
    I hate GDPR. It took my wife and I four days to sort out everything we needed for our company policies, website etc. And we only did what was strictly necessary / required. There was loads of optional stuff we didn't go near. The whole thing is an absolute joke.
    LivDiv wrote:
    I'm suddenly all for hard brexit.

The problem with you proper Brits, is you never fenegle shit. GDPR is for big organisations with lots of data. You think little biz's in France have bothered with that? Of course not. They ignore it completely.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I can't get any of this right.
    It's in 5 sections.
    So far i've scored 4/8 and 3/8.

I can't follow these fucking accents while trying to learn fucking complex EU bureaucracy.

You are correct of course Gonz. I dont even have a website, this is utterly pointless. With the scores Im getting I may as well guess the rest of it and give up.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Why do you need to do a gdpr assessment liv?
  • God knows.
    It's not really an assessment as such, feels more like a staff training thing.
    One of my clients has asked all their contractors to do it. They will pay me to do it so I thought, whatever, may as well. I didn't expect it to be that bad.

I ended up guessing the answers, couldn't be arsed with it all. Scores weren't much worse than when I was doing it properly.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    But you're not responsible for storing of processing any personal information are you? Seems like some big umbrella bullshit from the company.
  • Nope.
    I don't get why they have asked me.

This is the question that made ditch any effort.
    Do people’s fundamental rights prevail over the legitimate interest of the data controller to process their personal data and so force the data controller to obtain their consent?

Oui/Non

I'm a bloody designer for godsake.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm the data protection manager for my organisation and even I'm like 'omg that's bad'.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Nope.
    I don't get why they have asked me.

Because they're fucking morons?

This is the question that made ditch any effort.
    Do people’s fundamental rights prevail over the legitimate interest of the data controller to process their personal data and so force the data controller to obtain their consent?

Oui/Non
    I'm a bloody designer for godsake.
    his is so obviously a yes, div, you dunce. They fuxking live their fundamental rights these surrender monkeys, and no it doesn't include beer.

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • You're a lawyer, of course you can read it.
    Give it to me in picture form and I'll smash it then come back ten minutes later with a better picture.

We really peaked at hieroglyphs.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The answer to that question is literally 'it depends'.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • What's that in French?
    Edit: com si com sa?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!