Work - The pros and the cons...
  • Do me a comfy job in 3D design teaching. Cheers mate yeah.
    Never liked Primal Scream, cant imagine a more boring lot to have a drink with. Maybe Coldplay or Morrisey.

A few mates had The Killers at a party once and said they were a fun vacuum.
  • Can confirm. The Killers are a fun vacuum, but the bass player was always a decent guy. Primal Scream are cunts. Through and through.
  • On the other hand, been drinking all night with the various Franz Ferdinand widows. Have had an Good Time. Totally sure I can manage it again tomorrow. Oh yes.
  • poprock wrote:
    Can confirm. The Killers are a fun vacuum, but the bass player was always a decent guy. Primal Scream are cunts. Through and through.
    Mates said the exact same about Killers bass player. Bass players are always sound though.
    You heard it here first folks. The funky guy of this shit band is cool, the rest of the shit band arent.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    We have Welshman in our office that I occasionally bump into and am never ceased to be amazed by the next bigoted/racist/anti-immigrant/etc, comment that comes out of his mouth. Oh and pro Brexit too.

He’s just been invited by colleague to our Xmas curry lunch.
    Things can only get better.
  • Sounds like it’s gonna be joyous.
  • Punch him in the dick
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Actually if you find yourself in close proximity, say at the bar, stand right near him with a beer in your hand and the other hand down by your pockets. When he’s talking just quickly and subtly flick him in the balls and turn and walk away as though nothing happened
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I’m definitely going to tut very loudly at some point.
  • Bribe the chef to put laxatives in his food
  • Or just key “fuck off racist cunt” into the side of his stupid car
  • Please note I’m not actually advocating that you do any of this
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Imagining doing all that stuff whilst listening to his bile will help me get through lunch.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Pour your drink in his pocket. He'll look like he's pissed himself and hopefully fuck off.
  • Just flat out ask him what he thinks of women’s rights to wear Burkhas. Very very loudly.
    Then listen intently and hopefully everyone around him will hear what a total racist fuckwit he is
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Haha
  • Counter all his points with "like the Welsh".
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Is using Taffy racist? If not every question I ask him I’ll use it.
  • Whenever he complains about the state of the country re “immigrants etc” just shout at him like this amazing scene from “Taffin”
    https://youtu.be/vIjppgnkknE
  • You're in Canada right? Ask him what he thinks about immigrants.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Whenever he complains about the state of the country re “immigrants etc” just shout at him like this amazing scene from “Taffin”

Lol, I love that scene.

• mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    You're in Canada right? Ask him what he thinks about immigrants.

He’s expressed his views on that topic previously, living in a welcoming to all country hasn’t rubbed off on him.

• "no not me, it's those other immigrants"
  • mannaboy wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    You're in Canada right? Ask him what he thinks about immigrants.

He’s expressed his views on that topic previously, living in a welcoming to all country hasn’t rubbed off on him.

But it’s Canada. Aren’t you all supposed to be super polite and nice?

• mannaboy wrote:
    Whenever he complains about the state of the country re “immigrants etc” just shout at him like this amazing scene from “Taffin”

Lol, I love that scene.

I have that on a T shirt.

Damn Brexit kinda ruined it for me. Can’t wear that anymore
  • Back at work from that induction at the college for the apprenticeship they're putting me on, and ehhhh, I'm kinda a bit fucking livid?

So it's a Modern Apprenticeship in Business Management which is a SQA Level 7 qualification. It's made up of 7 modules, 4 mandatory, and 3 chosen. These modules are carried out on the job, in my work, and I record certain things and pass them on, eventually having an assessor come out and observe me thus showing I'm doing the modules correctly and everyone's happy.

Problem is/was, I'm looking at all the modules and thinking what in the actual fuck does this have to do with me being a porter for 37.5hrs p/w? What the fuck am I managing? Who am I managing? Nothing. Its not applicable at all!

I got the impression the college tutors today thought they were inducting three Serco hospital managers into a course. They seemed shocked when I raised my concern about being assessed in the context of my current role.

They then took the hospital liason, and woman who's organised all this, Theresa outside and had a chat. When they came back they told us that they have decided to go and give a presentation to my bosses, outlining the developmental and workplace needs me and the other two need, so we can be assessed properly and pass our apprenticeship that they put us up for. So in essence, they're gonna come in and ask my bosses "yo you better put Gav in a management role so we can assess him, bitches" but how in the fuck is that gonna happen when this is the same group of people who currently can't tell me if I'm employed after May?? Why should I have faith that's gonna happen?? I was already getting guilttripped off my boss cos he had to find cover for this morning. Sorry I want to develop myself mate, I mean you fucking put the notice up about it in the staff room.

It all sounds like a cluster fuck. It was the last day in college for most of the people there so you could tell the tutors were phoning it in. I can smell it a mile off. I can also smell that Theresa has been given this and given it no real fucking thought at all, but it's sound cos at the end of the year she'll get a PEOPLE IN WORK AWARD or some shit and have an excuse to go get dressed up and have a free bar while I'll no doubt be schlepping away in A&E trolleying patients about. I just feel used. Who knows, maybe it'll work out but right now it sounds like a waste of time. They tell me its an opportunity but it feels like smoke & mirrors. Like a tory policy. £25 down in parking & petrol too. Boss better be fucking snappy getting that back.

Sigh. Back to work I suppose.
  • And to top it all off, I have nurses in Endoscope deliberately hoodwink me into taking a patient back to the ward by myself by telling me he wasn't sedated during the procedure when he actually was. A big big big no no if I was to be caught with that. I should've been accompanied by a trained nurse in case something went wrong on the journey. I'd be out the door with a P45 if I was caught by a higher up. And then I find out Endo is closing early today cos its the staff night out and that's them for xmas. Aye no bother ladies, just tell the stupid fucking porter to take him, he won't know better. Fuck him, eh? Fuck the patient, especially when there's a spoons cocktail jug to get wired into, eh?

Trying not to feel hopeless and get upset but it's hard. I want to be good. I want to be better. I am better. But this machine just grinds you the fuck down. I feel totally expendable and meaningless. What's the point?
  • There's virtually no point to what most of us do, Gav. Learn next time and ask if the patient is sedated, and if he is, do not port him. Port yourself off to them and say you need this job and don't appreciate being put at risk like that and if they do it again, you'll raise it up the chain.

And join a union buddy.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Usual protocol is I wait for a nurse from the ward the patient is from, and we go. It was when I asked they told me the lie. Should've explained the usual routine, sorry.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    There's virtually no point to what most of us do, Gav.

At least gav can console himself with the fact that there is a point to what he's doing. You're helping people when they need it most gav, and you should be proud of that, even if the people you work with are twats.
    And join a union buddy.

Sound advice.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!