ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    You know banana man never eats a full banana.

Wait until Marvel Universe gets hold of him, hulk be fuckered

edit: bananamana never east any banana, Eric does
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I know I am very fortunate but I bloody love my job sometimes. Today is one of those times.
  • I've had a few successful days in my current job although my bosses essentially took me back 6 months progress as a measure of ensuring my safety. Which is understandable but still a bit of a kick in the balls for me. 
    Ah well. 
    Was supposed to hear back about the gym manager job yesterday and didn't receive the call I expected. I imagine I'll hear back today. Then if they match my salary I'll be giving it serious consideration.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Hey Wookie - I am not for a moment suggesting you do something that makes you unhappy, or unwell, but would it be worth giving your current job a little more time? It seems like you can walk into a gym/fitness job whenever it suits, but the same isn’t true of the Police.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Hey Wookie - I am not for a moment suggesting you do something that makes you unhappy, or unwell, but would it be worth giving your current job a little more time? It seems like you can walk into a gym/fitness job whenever it suits, but the same isn’t true of the Police.

This is one of the things that I’m considering. However I’m also balancing it up with the fact that this position I’m going for is pretty much the top level of gym management in the companies flagship site. Carries a lot of weight and huge potential to progress. Plus let’s me set my own shift patterns to fit in around my home life and allow me to be able to be there for the kids after school every day which would also save us £300 a month on after school care.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Well I got the job offer.
    They want me to meet with the contract manager to negotiate salary tomorrow.
    Winner
  • High-fucking-five. You knew your value, stood your ground, and made a solid case. It paid off.

Keep your head for the salary negotiation. It’s not a done deal yet that they’ll actually offer what you want, and the Contract Manager’s job is to save the company money. Start with a figure above what you really want/expect so that the employer has room to negotiate.

(Best advice I ever saw for salary negotiations was from Cindy Gallop. She was talking specifically to women in advertising, but I think it works for anyone: Start with the highest figure you can say out loud without laughing.)
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yay Wooks, great to hear, nice to be taken seriously. Love poppos final line there, not a bad way to go, I've undervalued myself plenty of times
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Remember to ask for more than you think you'll get. If they say yes to your first offer it means you could have asked for more. They already want you if they've offered you the job.
  • Thanks guys. That’s my line of thinking, aim high and be willing to negotiate but I have a bottom line and I’ve told them that if they can’t meet that then I’m walking straight out. (I’ve not told them the bottom line salary, I’m not that silly lol)
  • £250,000 or I walk...
  • :D Good luck Wooks!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Great news wookie!
    Can-of-sprite
  • Woohookie
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • ALRIGHT, I FUCKIN DID IT!

*self high five*
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Mobile Game Awards tonight and we're only bloody nominated, first awards thing I've been to I think; will be some food and booze at least, regardless of any gong. Wish me luck boys.
  • Good luck mate!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • On ya self, Nick! And woohooks indeed!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    :crossesfingers:
  • Gluck Nick.
    Get twatted and flash everyone your microtransactions.
  • Excellent News Nick!
    Good luck!!
  • Well done all and great advice Pop (and Liv)
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Good luck nick, and congrats wookie. I hope you get more than you want.
  • We didn't win but I abused the free bar so technically I won. I'd like to thank everyone. Thanks.
  • Got my meeting at 1730 today. I’m starting to feel that the money and benefits package will have to be just right for me to accept.

If it’s right, if it supports my financial Situation then I’ll go home and discuss with the wife. Not accepting anything today.
    If it’s not just right then I’m saying a firm no and staying put.

And if I stay put I’m going to be just as happy with that decision now. What’s changed it for me is having a really good set of shifts that have been challenging in all the right ways and been incredibly satisfying to get results from. No two days have been the same and the variety has made it really fun.
    My team have all been so supportive and amazing and we’ve really gelled since my return. My bosses have been awesome and so supportive, they’ve put in several measures to help and we’ve built a roadmap to full recovery that’s really positive.

I don’t know if I’ll get this level of care and support from the gym job if I should need it.

The security, the benefits and the potential for growth and progression in this current job have all been big factors that have made me feel that maybe it’s worth sticking around for a bit longer to see if its the right fit.

Plus this is twice now I’ve been offered this gym manager role in two different gyms, one of which is the flagship site of my old company. I know should things not work out in 6 months or a year I’ll have little trouble finding that role again.

I actually feel really positive about this situation now, I’m seeing I’m in a position of great strength and whatever I choose to do I’ll make a success of. I’m certain of it.

We’ll see what they offer this evening!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!