Star Trek
  • Do not click the spoiler unless you've seen this week's episode. Seriously.
    Spoiler:

Does anyone know the meaning of the numbers in the intro sequence? Highest is 48.
  • 48 is a super important number
  • Still got issues with the pace. There's a good story in there, but it's flying past me.
  • I agree. Im hopng though that this is all the setup for the show proper. That season 2 will kick off the real storyline of :
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • If they did I must have missed it because I didn't think that at any point.
  • I agree. Im hopng though that this is all the setup for the show proper. That season 2 will kick off the real storyline of :
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I've got to say this show has really grown on me now. It's very silly, and it's appeal might wear off. But that was proper good old fashioned space nonsense. Lots of fun, lots of action and twists and turns. I really like the serial format. The one and done, back to the status quo endings of old wouldn't cut it now. It's not star trek in any way that makes sense and it's taken me a while to accept it for what it is. That is the trouble when you call a program 'Star Trek' but if they'd called it anything else and come up with their own IP, I probably wouldn't be watching it. Stamets and Saru are both really good characters.  
    Spoiler:
  • I_R wrote:
    Still got issues with the pace. There's a good story in there, but it's flying past me.

This.. Some of it goes so fast I've actually missed things despite watching like a hawk?

I entirely  missed how Stamets (who i confused with Wash from Firefly)
    Spoiler:
    and a bit of the character development for their motives felt particularly rushed.

Still at least there's no flashes of Klingon boobs so that's better.
    The Forum Herald™
  • @monkey yeah thats exactly the bit I was talking about. Agree too about the Klingon stuff.
  • No, I want more Klingons!  I really like the idea that, as of this latest episode, Discovery is now 
    Spoiler:
    It's a brilliant set up and I'm looking forward to where they go with it.

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The fuck is this thing? It's like a greatest hits album on fast forward, a Star Trek themed Quantum Leap without the "Oh, boy!" at the end of each episode.

I feel like they've written five series worth of plot and material then decided to cram it all together and only show the pivotal twists in case it got cancelled after the first series.
    Spoiler:

• This has been quite the rollercoaster after all. Glad I stuck with it.

Totally jumped the shark after the mid-season break, then suddenly swung around and got good again in the space of two episodes. My opinions are all over the place.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm watching, not sure if I'm enjoying. Bewilderment seems to be my average state. Kudos for trying I suppose, at least it's not boring.
  • It's a riot and I don't hate it
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nor I, I can't hate something when I don't know what it is.
  • The fuck is this thing? It's like a greatest hits album on fast forward, a Star Trek themed Quantum Leap without the "Oh, boy!" at the end of each episode.

I feel like they've written five series worth of plot and material then decided to cram it all together and only show the pivotal twists in case it got cancelled after the first series.

Lol, my thoughts exactly after last two episodes
  • This show is nuts
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I'm watching, not sure if I'm enjoying. Bewilderment seems to be my average state. Kudos for trying I suppose, at least it's not boring.

I spend half the episode scoffing, a quarter asking, "why the fuck they do that for?" and the last quarter not seeing the twist coming.

It's abysmal and quite good in the same episode. It confuses me. I still watch it so I must be liking it overall. But then again, I still watch the walking dead so my judgement shouldn't be trusted.
  • This was a good episode.very good.
  • Just seen the latest episode. Wtf? Wtf? Wtf? LOVE this show.
  • I did enjoy it a lot more than the last couple. The madness was more fun.

Hoping for a
    Spoiler:
    next week.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m not going to complain about the pace at all. They can keep it going like this. I’m not bored. Even the bit where Burnham reveals
    Spoiler:

A typical show would have her not believed for about 20 minutes until the disbeliever gets it confirmed to them in some convoluted plot device to bring both characters closer together. This show? Fuck that we don’t have time. Yep I believe you Mike.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Well with Clem
    Spoiler:
  • It's federation world tho. 
    Less racism, sexism etc...
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Spoiler:
  • poprock wrote:
    Spoiler:

tumblr_n0lrmiyYOm1scwli8o1_400.gif

SFV - reddave360
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    A fine end to a cracking season. They managed to surprise me with how it all played out.
    Spoiler:
    Things can only get better.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Oh has it finished, time to binge on the second half then. I'm expecting it to be better than the first half.
  • Dunno about better.  It gets more far-out that's for sure.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!