Star Trek
  • I haven't seen this week's episode but while I'd agree with the pace if the show being unique, the actual plots have been mostly a typical trek, just maybe better plotted out for maximum 'dundundun' moments. They've gone for more continuitybut that surely just reflects the changing way of tv shows, especially those on an on demand streaming service.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Good point that.  Suppose that's why Farscape never got a broad mass following.  It went for continuity before the advent of streaming services.  Whereas pap like Stargate went for more episodic stuff which helped it with its ratings.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've heard rumours they planned for this season's plot to extend into season 2 but ditched that idea and ordered an extra couple of episodes instead because they wanted to be done with the not-very-Trekky war and mirror stuff. Would explain some of the complaints about rushed plots etc.

I enjoyed Season 1 overall, but in the expectation that future seasons will improve upon it.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • So now that's over, erm, what was it?
  • So now that's over, erm, what was it?

It was Star Trek, Jim.  But not as you know it.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Hiding behind a spoiler, because mild spoilers I guess.
    Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Well that was a
    Spoiler:
  • The end was pretty poor I thought. Everything before felt pretty tightly plotted, even if it was bananas. This felt like they wanted both big plots over and just hand waved them away. 

On the plus side, I've looked forward to it every week. The downside is that they've used up a lot of plot and characters and not established much in the way of characters or world for the next season. I'm assuming a dramatic shift in format is coming.
  • Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• Spoiler:
  • Anyway they will have to tread carefully with season 2
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:

Something tells me Dino is more of a buck Rogers chap than Star Trek

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Ah ffs the finale was fucking abysmal.
    The writing was incredibly poor.
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I don’t know how they make this program so bad but so entertaining. Not that that was a great episode.
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Ah fook I dunno. Oh and Stargate is not pap. Its fucking awesome(mostly).
    Spoiler:
  • Some news on season 2
    Spoiler:
  • oooh il lbe tuning in for that
  • is this thread just about Trek or other stuff? There's a shit tonne of posts if it's just Trek :)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mk64 wrote:
    is this thread just about Trek or other stuff? There's a shit tonne of posts if it's just Trek :)

You know there is a new Trek show on Netflix and the finale episode of the season was available as of yesterday, yeah?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I liked
    Spoiler:

I didn’t like
    Spoiler:
  • MattyJ wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    is this thread just about Trek or other stuoff? There's a shit tonne of posts if it's just Trek :)

You know there is a new Trek show on Netflix and the finale episode of the season was available as of yesterday, yeah?

The show's only been going for 40 years and is one of the most prominent, popular and positive cultural texts we have had in this century, surprised we topped 1 page tbh
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I liked it when Michael didn't give a fuck that Tyler has a boat.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I could single-handedly keep this thread chugging along with exciting tat news, tbh.
  • No one cares about your boat Tyler!
  • Tempy wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    is this thread just about Trek or other stuoff? There's a shit tonne of posts if it's just Trek :)
    The show's only been going for 40 years and is one of the most prominent, popular and positive cultural texts we have had in this century, surprised we topped 1 page tbh

alright sarky, didn't really know it was still a thing beyond the films
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!