Star Trek
  • Just saw episode 2 of season 2. Enjoying the whole mystery angle of the main story arc. Discovery is growing on me.
  • Episode one was … a lot. A lot of things at once, a lot of visual noise, and a lot of shiny stuff. I hope it calms down a bit and tells a story.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Did someone mention shinies?
  • There is a lot of shiny going on. And some Power Rangers outfits when they put colour-coded spacesuits on.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I had the same feelings about episode one all shiny and rushed action. Episode two is a much better paced story and very Trek, I loved it.
    Things can only get better.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Although compared to old TV Trek the story is moving at light speed.
  • Oh no,
    Spoiler:
  • Oh no,
    Spoiler:

Watch the entire epsiode and you won't need to worry so much

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    A solid second episode much better than the first. Good stuff. And as Dino said the story arc is interesting.
  • End of epsiode 3, seriously wtf?!?

Don't click spoiler unless you've seen the epsiode
    Spoiler:
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hahaha, yup, that's why it's in a spoiler tag

I wonder if some folk use spoiler tags too easily that you felt the tag alone wasn't enough
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Hmm! If you subscribe to the Star Trek Discovery Starships Collection you get issue 1 for £9.99 and a Netflix gift card for £15! Tempting!!!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Looks like the original model collection is on the way out. Got a survey today which was basically 'it looks like we might have to axe this, what could we do to make it viable and do you actually care about what we have left to release?'
  • The incredible tale of how Star Trek became an absolute clusterfuck of complex rights issues...

Come with g if you want to live...
  • Episode 5 of Discovery season 2, meh. A so and so epsiode, they are really pushing section 31 in discovery. cant be long before section 31 series starts i think.

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I thought this week's episode was great, haha.
  • I've given up on it after 3 eps.  'Michaels' stick up her ass routine has always been grating, but somehow this season, I just couldn't ignore it because the stuff going on around her just wasn't as interesting.  Back to watching classic Trek on freeview Horror.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yeah that was red hot garbage. I’d rather they focus on getting the basics right on one show before piloting another one inside the other.
    Spoiler:
    I’m just about still on board with one show, but don’t push it because I can jump from this at any point.

Although I’ve been saying that from the start and I still gobble them up the day they come out just let me pretend.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I thought this week's episode was great, haha.

This. Monkeys spoiler aside, which I'm fine with myself, I don't know what the issue is really.

It could be better of course, but its more than servicable as it is.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Re Monkey spoiler:
    Spoiler:

For me the last two episodes haven’t been great.
  • I think I liked the previous one. This one was rushed and silly.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nothing wrong with the episode except it would’ve been better to have...
    Spoiler:

Really like the Pike character, but the 31 stuff isn’t great.

I also didn’t like the admiral’s comment around nation building. Moves quite far away from the ideal of Trek but guess it keeps the right wing American viewers happy knowing you have to kill to make a better future.
  • Now up to date on series 2. 
    Im really conflicted.
    On the one hand I love the mystery arch. Its done well IMO.
    Pike, I love. He brings a very traditional Trek feel.
    The shinies are wonderful.
    But a huge problem for me is Michael. At times her acting is just fine and is an ok if boring character. Other times she just woefully overacts and over dramatises every little thing. She reminds me of an X Factor contestant really trying to pour as much emotion and oooomph into every single syllable of the song. Even if that song happens to be The Bad Touch. She can act....but I'm not convinced she knows WHERE to act. 
    The rest in spoilers :D
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • A much better episode, back to the red angel mystery which im enjoying.

the first episode of this series that references the mini trek episodes between season 1 and 2, specially the saru minitrek.

spolier of the episode
    Spoiler:
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I thought we were going to have a Skin of Evil crossover with that new ‘baddie’. Also enjoyed this episode.
  • Great shout mannaboy, forgot all about that
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Really enjoyed that one (although the ethics of some of it seemed a bit wonky!). Genuinely think the Ba'ul are the best executed alien species on Star Trek in an extraordinarily long time - thought their ship design was ace. Feels like we've progressed light years from Voyager, which I was very fond of but which really struggled with original aliens.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Really enjoyed that one (although the ethics of some of it seemed a bit wonky!)

Whenever we run into Prime Directive stuff it gets wonky because, well there's rarely a 'right' answer.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I feel like
    Spoiler:
  • Evil redeye, You forgetting that
    Spoiler:

Also agree ba'ul are the best alien species in a long long time. I liked their ships as well.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!