Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Caught up, finished. Mmmm, so what started as a great series one has slowed right down. Agree on the Borg thing, but seems too obvious, but then again they love to rinse and repeat. Liked the Pike thing, Spock is understated, but like that they haven't tried to directly copy the original. Bit of a shit ending though. Not as excited by the prospect of series 3.
  • Err...season 2 hasn't finished yet. Two more episodes to go. Theres a massive spoiler which has been leaked, so click at your own peril.
    Spoiler:
  • en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Pike_(Star_Trek)

Well, not sure if they'll have Pike get irradiated on the Discovery and use the training vessel story as a cover up. At least he gets a bit of a happy ending - aside from Saru, he's the character I'm caring about the most.

Trek series always take at least 1 - 2 seasons to hit their stride, I just think that Discovery is going at such a pace narrative-wise, it's barrelling through content before the characters have a chance the get properly ironed out. Riker and Sisko would still be clean shaven but Discovery has been and done with a war.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @Dinostar77 - Ahh right, I'd assumed it had finished as I hadn't seen it in weeks. Not gonna click the spoiler though.
  • Here's how i think it'll pan out, just idle speculation on my part:
    Spoiler:
  • I'm still confused about something. Ill spoiler it for safety though.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • On the 1st spoiler
    Spoiler:
  • Aye, what Monkey said.
    Spoiler:

Which means …
    Spoiler:
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    Here's how i think it'll pan out, just idle speculation on my part:
    Spoiler:

I honestly dont think it has anything to do with the BORG. BORG only go after civilisations that have achieved a certain level of technology. CONTROL wiped out everything.

On a sidenote, one of the mini episodes between Season 1 and Season 2 was set 1000 years in the future and Discovery had developed an AI, but the crew hadnt been seen for almost 1000 years and Discovery was waiting for them to return. The 1000 years is awfully close to the 950 years currently mentioned for CONTROL wiping out all life.
  • Hhhmmmm, not watched them, I'll have a swatch later.
  • Hmmmmmmm I see....I think lol.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Tonight’s episode was simultaneously awful and brilliant. The best and worst of Trek all at once. I grinned all the way through.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've loved this season, tbh.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • It’s a huge improvement on season one.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Best bit? Cheeky wink :-D
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I’ve mostly enjoyed this season, but Burnham’s weepy, chin wobbling gets on my tits.
  • Her and Ash are awful. The rest of the cast are making up for it, I think.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't know why they forced the actress who plays Burnham to act through those crippling bouts of diarrhea. You can tell the moment the cramps hit as she starts up with her eyebrow fidgeting, heroically trying to save her underwear and finish the scene. Props to her I suppose.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Burnham’s arc complete by end of season 2 and the character has a heroic exit from the show?
    Spoiler:
    Things can only get better.
  • Burnham is a good character with a good actor but yeah it seems to be weepy maudlin scenes or literal superhero saviour of the universe stuff. The cheesiness of the show is too much to bear sometimes. Clem Fandango is always rotten and the doctor seems to be missing a personality. Apart from that it’s really good at the moment. I don’t think they’ve done such dramatic story telling in Trek since Best of Both Worlds or the later DS9 episodes.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    I don’t think they’ve done such dramatic story telling in Trek since Best of Both Worlds or the later DS9 episodes.

Ha ha ha. Definitely the most woeful of all Trek, imo. Best of Both Worlds probably the best.
  • That finale didn’t make a lick of sense. The biggest point for me was
    Spoiler:
  • More wtfs
    Spoiler:
    Anyway, it’s done.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Spoiler:
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • That was a mess wasn't it. Anyway at least they have a clear slate for season 3
    Spoiler:

The producers of the show had this to say about section 31:

If you’re a fan of Deep Space Nine, you’ve probably spent the past two years saying, “What the hell are they doing with Section 31? That’s nothing like the Section 31 we know.” That’s exactly right. In Deep Space Nine, they did not have badges or ships. They’re an underground organization. What you see on Discovery and our upcoming show with Michelle Yeoh is how Section 31 became that organization and why it was so underground by the time Deep Space Nine comes around.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    I don’t think they’ve done such dramatic story telling in Trek since Best of Both Worlds or the later DS9 episodes.

Ha ha ha. Definitely the most woeful of all Trek, imo. Best of Both Worlds probably the best.

Loved DS9, in the pale moonlight is easily in the top ten or for me top three episodes of star trek ever.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Ah ok. But
    Spoiler:
    You do have to roll with it a bit with Discovery, but this one had a bit too much of, well, everything. But I like they tried to do something fairly spectacular with it even if it ended up a complete mess as a result.

I enjoyed the season though. Even at its worst it was very watchable. Pike and Spock could have been complete disasters but were great.
  • One last thing then I’ll shut up.
    Spoiler:
  • Monkey there were loads of plot holes. For instance
    Spoiler:
  • Hhhmmmm.
    Spoiler:

I could go on and on, but I'm tired and I've got the wee man clambering all over me. I'm glad i stuck it out, but slightly disappointed by the ending of this series.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!