PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    This just in: Andrew Demetrio asked to step down until investigations are completed as to whether or not he is Caroline Wilson's Puppet. One of the most satisfying wins in a long, long time.
    It was a cracker, riveting stuff.  Fuck Vlad, seriously.

That last quarter was the highest level of sustained intensity I'd seen for a while.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • That game got me so wound up and angry last night, but not at all at Fremantle. They were just the team on the night. It was one incredible game, but I was pretty dirty with the first half I must admit. Ended up finishing work late, and listened to the final 10 minutes on radio. Too stressful otherwise.

Really a type of football I haven't seen Essendon play before. When they've been good, they've usually been the type of team to put 12 goals on by half time. It's a rare thing to see them grind out a close game like that, let alone interstate.

I think teams like Richmond, Fremantle and Essendon are going to be good tough sides this year, regardless of wins and losses in the end.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Ross Lyon's strengths and weaknesses as a tactician haven't changed.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Also that was some bullshit from the umpires in the last ten minutes.  They've got no common sense at all.  Gieschen has been in the job far too long.
  • I didnt get the sense of the mistakes on the radio, I must plead ignorance in that regard. Umpiring in general can get very frustrating to watch, to the point that as an Essendon supporter I can now see bad decisions in Collingwood games that go against them (of all teams).

I think the things that irritate me most are the incorrect disposal/holding the ball decisions. some players for example can get tackled, place the ball on the ground, and get a free for holding the man.  Others who try it get pinged for HTB.

I can't quite pick it, but I suspect there is a bit too much familiarity going on and some players get favoured.

Also, that low contact sliding vs high contact ducking issue is only going to get worse this year, just like the hands in the back rule did. Alwyn Davey's free against Adelaide was a prime example. He wasn't playing for the free, he's just small and got knocked over in the course of play. He got an easy goal instead.

I blame the poor standard of umpiring on giving them the limelight c/- microphones.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Even john elliott is calling for demetrio to quit
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I agree with him.

Go you bloody cats.  Yet to do anything amazing but getting it done.
  • Even their bad performances are enough to win a lot of games. Scary stuff.
  • I was hoping Sanderson might have brought over a bit of that Cats winning culture but it looks like it was only a one year thing :( Bernie Vince etc look like they spent their pre season smashing beer bongs and doing rude things with groupies.

You know you're in trouble when a 5 foot tall bloke who looks like an extra from Interview with a Vampire is tearing your defensive zone to shreds.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Very odd top 8 at the moment. Sydney v Geelong is looking to be a cracker Friday night.

I'm worried. We've looked patchy, and against lesser teams, although I did miss the third quarter (of all of quarters I could have missed!!) against north, and we obviously went a bit nuts there. Geelong haven't been perfect either, but they've knocked off a couple of very good sides. Still, I worried like this for the grand final for the same reason. We still go through patches of not scoring, and I still get scared that explosive sides, like Hawthorn and Geelong, may put on too many goals during one of our flat patches.

Gonna be an interesting one.

of the other 3 and 0 teams, surely Port are going to slip? I haven't watched their games, but i can't believe they're gonna stay up there. Essendon look the real deal, and Goddard is a great addition.

I'm wary of writing off carlton too. They may struggle to really challenge for top 4 after this start, but Malthouse will surely get them going sooner or later.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • lol, that third quarter was just ridiculous. I think your boys are just concerned with doing enough so far; that was the only time so far this season they've needed to flex their muscle, and it was pretty frightening when they did. Another top 4 finish coming up I reckon.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • I'm liking how Bolton and Goodes are looking actually. Look quite fresh and moving well. Likewise O'keefe. Even Mummy looks like he's moving like a large yacht as opposed to the QEII.
  • Also, LRT is still being the most reliable player EVER. Unfashionable doesn't even do justice to him. But he is just rock solid, whatever he's asked to do.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    LRT vs Hawkins will be one to watch.  The delivery to T-Bone hasn't been great but he's still averaging nearly 3 a game.  If they sort out their kicking, he could be due for a bag.  I expect Sydney will win through maturity; we've got a lot of youth and they might finally get found out under Swan scrutiny.  We're still a weak clearance side but McIntosh coming in for the second half of the year should rectify that.  Varcoe out for 12 weeks is a bit shit though.  I predict a Swans Cats GF.

In other news Menzel got through a VFL game unscathed.  Still seems to have that spring and power, could be the wildcard come finals time.  He was red hot in late 2011 before his first knee.
  • What time is it on the telly box? Fancy an evening of pizza (or whatevs) and footy?
  • I can't believe I'm not invited to this.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It is hard to believe.  Still, that's life. 

I dunno Face; me Cats, you Swans... there may be some yelling.  If you can handle some yelling or at least good natured shrieking, I'm in.

Game time is 7:30 and to keep it interesting you're more than welcome to venture over Hawthorn way.  I have accommodation for two if excessive drinking were to ensue.  If not, I know where you youse live.  You can come too Master P.

SO, whatever suits, mine or yours, I'm flexible.  FOODY MATE cor
  • I'm tipping Richmond and Fremantle to be the big movers this season and I cant see any reason why Sydney and Hawthorn won't maintain a top two standard throughout.

Collingwood and Geelong will stay tough to beat, and Essendon and Port may be wildcard teams that will be reevaluated come August.
  • Cheers for the invite Skezza.  It's high time for another catch up fosho, but while the SPORTZOMG season is on I'll give you guys some space.  I'm washing my hair those nights anyway.
  • I'm not getting excited about 2013 until and only if Essendon beat 2 out of Geelong/Hawthorn/Collingwood/Sydney.

First trial coming up Thursday. Should be a great match.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Still a ripping season.  That said, very one sided results this round.  Melbourne, what!

Nae probs SG, we'll set aside some time toward mid year.
  • I just realised that I took money out an ATM to pay for pizza and never gave it to you skez. What a prick of a guest I am. This definitely means a return bout at some point.

Cracking first half. As my mate Tim said, you won by a Selwood.

Still, enough shown from the Swannies for me to be still happy with our progress. No premiership hang over so far.

Cats look great.

I do think that the other major factor was LRT though. It's not a coincidence that the Geelong run came around and after him going down with a knee.

Pretty sure Horse would have had him straight down back to steady things if he was fit, and he would have just done that thing he does all the time of being SOLID AS A FUCKING ROCK.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Not at all, I wasn't expecting monies, just happy to have you over.

Indeed we did, glad to have him. To think he could have gone to Hawthorn.

You lost flexibility when LRT went down, certainly.  When Hawkins started getting on top of Richards, LRT would have been very handy.

In other football related news, it looks like Menzel will have his fourth knee reconstruction in two years.  Awfully harsh.  More than that, he's a potential matchwinner and if he and Vardy were up and going, I'd have us for the flag.  Shame.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Aaand he's done his ACL again.  Another 12 months out of the game.  Poor lad.
  • Fucking terrible. He was one of the standouts in the 2011 finals series. Poor guy.

Look on the bright side - if Scott Gumbleton can finally get going, anyone can.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Four knees though, that's a hell of a mental hurdle.  Time is on his side at 21, but to think that he dominated a few games at age 19 makes it all the worse.  He was there, then it was taken away.  Still, he'll be 22 or 23 if he returns again so still time.  Vardy better come good, we can't lose both our young guns.
  • Michael Long did his knees several times, and was still a great player towards the end of his career.

Given modern medicine has improved a lot since the 90s, I would hold out hope he'll be fine.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hopefully.  Don't think anyone has done four, not notably anyway.  I think Leigh Walker did three, then gave it away.

In other news, word is that six Bombers will be suspended once the doping investigation is done.
  • That might be a case of getting off lightly.
  • I'm slightly excited after today's win by Essendon.

Turned into quite the big win in the end.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!