Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Good for him, fame and fortune hopefully await.  Needs to put a few kg on.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • And we get Tippet.

hmmm.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Could be the key to a dynasty or the bad egg that starts the rot.  Only time and an army of half arsed moronic journalists will tell.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Lol, I was secretly hoping he would end up at Fremantle.

Pity he won't be back in action for Sydney vs Adelaide at football park, would be off the wall.  Hopefully they'll square off in the finals again.

Will be a good pick up for Sydney.

Very disappointed with how AFC have handled themselves over the last month, can't believe no one is really being held accountable for ruining the clubs reputation and muffing a couple of drafts.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • AFL has, like, the shittiest cheaters in professional sport

Adelaide - cheat salary cap and intricately document said cheating
    Melbourne - cheat to lose
    Essendon - Armstrong it up and still finish well outside finals contention

Weapon puns ahoy crowbarred into tomorrow's papers hopefully.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I was going to post about how keen I am for the season to start but this will do.
  • Seems as though riemers is more than happy to air any grievances on the matter as well. Should provide quality entertainment.

In a less entertaining note, I wonder how many zingers commetti will have stockpiled by round 1.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    C7 commentators, shoot em all.
  • Commetti can stay.

Meanwhile, wtaf?

Figure it's a good time to ignore all the reports until a fullish investigation goes on. Sorting the rumours from the facts is currently impossible.

Part of the problem is that the perception of legal pro sport diet and conditioning is not well understood by Joe Public. There sounds like there's definitely questionable practices in the case of Essendon, but at the same time, injections of various legal substances is commonplace, from what I can tell, and I'd suspect there's a fair chunk of pill popping of the ubervitimin kind as well. Not to mention the precision with which diets and such are managed.

I dunno, I can see an argument that the line is blurry in some cases.
  • Ok, so it appears we should probably start the betting, given the inquiries and such. Who's going to come out and/or get caught first? (Other than the bombres, obviously.) Which code, which team, which player. Also, can we see anything coming of match fixing in AFL or NRL?

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Demetriou is a tit.

Maybe, though I'd like to know which games were fixed, or at least one.
  • That sentence is a fucking mess skez, sort yourself out.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Sorry, it's early.

What I mean to say is this: hopefully, if such a thing did occur, details of how will emerge.  How do you orchestrate a pre-ordained result with teams of 22 people and the general unpredictability of AR?  I could see happening in NRL though.

I think Essendon were genuinely caught short and ultimately the damage will not be as great as is being bandied about (a handful of staffers/players might get ousted) but who knows where the NRL are concerned.  There's a more obvious benefit from taking PED for NRL players.

That's still not too flash, but it is longer.
  • I want to believe you, but my inner pessimist tells me someone has to have tried something on.

Still, in a sense, you're right, without some amazing collusion between a shitload of people, I don't see how you can mix up an AR game with the sort of certainty you'd want for match fixing.

On the drugs front though, I think we'll find a bunch of issues in AR as well as NRL. Don't know who'll go first.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hopefully Demetriou.  Dank is evidently is deep shit.  It's whether individuals are given the flick or it's deemed the organization has to bear responsibility.  It'll surely be more severe than the Adelaide punishment and aren't they suddenly breathing a sigh of relief.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Interesting that Adrian Anderson stepped aside when he did.
  • Yes, actually, now that you mention it. Really hope no mud gets thrown, or sticks, to the cattery.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Me too.  I doubt it, but one never knows.  I think Dank is the one of chief interest though, Robinson seems to be thereabouts but not the cause.
  • Heh, Dank certainly isn't going down solo, if he can help it. He just dropped all of the bombers staff in it.

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Oh dear.  Stay clean Cats.
  • Was speaking to my best mate last night on skype. massive cats fan and a member. Apparently they sent a letter to members as soon as the story dropped explaining the massive differences is the processes and systems in place at the cattery. He feels pretty safe in assuming all is well. Although Josh Hunt's thighs are always a question mark. ;)

Interesting also is the nature of the work that Thomson and The Weapon were doing at Geelong and what they're doing at Windy Hill.

When Geelong did their audit and whatnot and restructured before the period of success Thompson was basically judged to be shithouse at dealing with large scale people management, so they said: you coach the footy and that's it. lo and behold, at Essendon, he's in charge of the footy department, exactly what Geelong had decided he was a disaster at. The Weapon was purely the weights guy at Geelong, and likewise I think got moved on because of people management issues.

Anyhoo.

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    All correct even the thigh bit.  He's a freakish specimen for a foootballer.  I think Essendon scored some big names and the put them all in the wrong jobs.  Thompson should coach and Hird should manage.  Silly Bombres.

Tigers are after Balme too, hands off!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Cats chewing on Crow gristle just now, all is right with the world.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message

This would seem to indicate that the post production phase of the next AFL Live iteration is underway.  2011/12 was pretty bare in terms of features but BigAnt's plan was to build the engine for the first release, almost certainly at a small loss, then iterate with each subsequent release.  Improved gameplay and the promise to add all sorts of FIFA-esque modes to the core game are in line for the coming edition.  2011/12 was serviceable in SP but with four people was loads of fun.  If they can improve the fluidity of the game (more dynamic player interaction to be a feature apparently) and sort the fuckawful commentary (they'd have to hire the ABC commentary team for that though) we might just have something.

WELL BOYS
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    FACE
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    WARIO
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    aw gawd SHABS
  • 4 posts in row. You disgust me.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    i am shamed
  • Clutching at straws if you're calling for me!

Anyone else doing Supercoach? I just finished my first team but things will probably change rookie wise closer to the date.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!