PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    They're playing the AFL ball soon.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Ah sorry Skerrett.

Yeah the Cats DESTROYED my boys the other week. Left the pub at half time in disgust and would have left sooner if it wasn't for the chicken parma that I was hoeing into at the time.

You'd have to be impressed with how your young blokes are coming along? Early days I know but it doesn't look like you'll be bottoming out any time soon.

Any interest in the NAB cup final tonight? Not really too fussed about results but it's never nice to see Carlton up and running, so I'm going for Brisbane by defualt. Won't be able to watch it properly as I'm going to a spit roast at a bowls club. You didn't need to know that, but, well, any excuse to mention spit roasts i guess.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    No problem guy.
    You'd have to be impressed with how your young blokes are coming along? Early days I know but it doesn't look like you'll be bottoming out any time soon.
    Very impressed actually. They've been doing most of the damage, with the older chaps putting the icing on late (see Selwood and Bartel v WCE, Chapman v North). Murdoch in particular looks very damaging; that goal he kicked against your lot (I think it was fist quarter) was dynamite. Caddy looks solid without being spectacular, Varcoe will establish himself as one the more damaging players in the league, Blicavs might turn out to be not entirely useless and we're still a few short (Menzel, Vardy). In all, if the senior players hold up their end, we should give 4 to 6 a shake. That's assuming we also have at least one fit ruckman.

Crows looked rusty and out of sorts but then SS is a shit of a ground for opposition teams. All flat down one wing and OOF is a regular occurrence. I wouldn't be too concerned, Walker never got going and H. Taylor was red hot. Dangerfield was frightening; seems to have become yet more powerful, Ricciutio-esque, but has retained his speed and acceleration.

Robert Walls has the Crows missing the 8. Er, lol.

Any interest in the NAB cup final tonight? Not really too fussed about results but it's never nice to see Carlton up and running, so I'm going for Brisbane by defualt. Won't be able to watch it properly as I'm going to a spit roast at a bowls club. You didn't need to know that, but, well, any excuse to mention spit roasts i guess.
    The mind boggles. I think it's Fox exclusive so likely not, but yeah, Brisbane for me. They might actually get somewhere this season, they certainly have what appears to be a pretty potent midfield now. Stuff Carlton, right in the ear. I want to see Garlett collected fairly but severely by Sauce Merret. Get around him!
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Woop, hold the who-was-phone, NAB GF is on C7. I get to listen to Bruce making awkward, clumsy, possibly lewd analogies using 20 words where space exists only for 10.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Oi, it's back!  Sorry Wagon, not a good start.

C7 seems to have cleaned up their act a bit. Less vaudeville bullshit from Bruce and Dennis and the PIP thing post-score is a good idea, finally.  Umpiring was the best I've seen for YEARS.  It can't last.

Who's up for a trip to the G?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    BOYS GIT AWN IT

YEEEAAHHHHH go Cats, again.  10 even now, it's like clockwork.
  • A good first game for the year to catch.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Telly or in person?
  • Telly. I must say, 7's telecasting is improving, I think. That picture in picture thing is actually a great idea, and means you don't miss stuff.

Don't know why we need 6 commentators, but the combo for that particular game is probably the A team.

I'll take Bruce at his worst over BT any day.

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Agree with that. BOY OH BOY WOWEE BIG BOY MCEVOY
  • Skerret wrote:
    BOYS GIT AWN IT YEEEAAHHHHH go Cats, again.  10 even now, it's like clockwork.

I'm calling it now: Geelong will win every game they play against Hawthorn until they next meet in a grand final. It's like Carlton celebrating a preliminary final win in 1999 against Essendon. They still didn't win anything important, and Essendon went on to win all bar one game in 2000.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Who's Essendon and who is Carlton?
  • Essendon are the team your coaches come from. Carlton are the team Carlton coaches come from.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Brisbane is the team my teams coaches come from.
  • Well they used to come from Essendon. Once.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    One of them did, though he was Richmond originally.
  • Mark Thompson was never at Richmond as far asi know. Also, isn't Caracella at Geelong these days?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    He is.  Knights who coaches the VFL was a Tige.  Caracella was also at C'wood.  I don't suppose it matters.  I notice McCartney is surrounding himself with ex-Geelong types.  Culture of success and all that.
  • Yep, just goes in waves.

I think Knights was an alright coach although doomed at Essendon thanks to Sheedy's leftovers and some bad selections. Can't polish a turd etc.

I think there's several Essendon former players running around as coaches, a few Brisbane ones, and now a few Geelong ones turning up. I find it kind of strange there aren't many North Melbourne ones running around (excluding the reigning Premiership coach of course).

Or even Adelaide players from the late 90s.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Oi, it's back!  Sorry Wagon, not a good start.

C7 seems to have cleaned up their act a bit. Less vaudeville bullshit from Bruce and Dennis and the PIP thing post-score is a good idea, finally.  Umpiring was the best I've seen for YEARS.  It can't last.

Who's up for a trip to the G?

Yeah mate, was in a massive sulk that weekend. Had been looking forward to that match for MONTHS after a shitty off season. Pathetic effort. I can't talk about it.

But yeah, rest of the round was pretty entertaining i thought. Agree that the umpiring has been fine (although not a fan of the non sliding rule, nothing to do with the umpires obviously).

Richmond V Carlton's last quarter was engrossing, and very nearly the funniest, most Richmondest thing ever. It was still quite funny with the joke being on Carlton generally and Yarren specifically, so we can't complain.

WB V Bris, GC V StK & Port V Melb were all pretty shocking results (Port V Melb not so much for the result but from the endevour from Port and lack thereof from Melb was).

Coll V North, only saw the first half. First quarter was great, second, not so much, fairly predictible game I guess. Except for the bit how Heath Shaw couldn't play because he ate an oyster contaminated with human fecal matter. Can't really follow that up with anything.

Geel V Haw, lol, what can you say? Was it ever going to end any other way? Match of the round from what I saw (didn't see any games I haven't commented on).

so who's everyone interested in seeing this week?

Keen to see how richmond go tonight, should account for the saints fairly easily if they play anything like the first 3/4 from last week. Other than that, obviously excited/nervous for Bris Adl tomorrow, and Malthouse V Buckley on sunday. It's getting promoted like a UFC grudge match. at the very least there should be lots of crowd shots of what Tony Martin calls Quivering Lip Injured Bogens during the last couple of minutes of the game. A post match meltdown from either McGuire or Malthouse should provide value.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tempted to go to C v C but it'll probably be sold out.

Might go to Norf vs Geel on Sunday though. Watching Richmond tonight; I hope they win, for their sakes.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I didn't think it was possible that a Fitzroy scenario could occur in this day and age, that a club could dip so low as to be irrelevant.  In this era of equalization, draft concessions and league support,surely it couldn't happen, but BY CHRIST, Melbourne are giving it a red hot go.
  • Pretty harrowing match hey?  They just dont care.  The crowd were openly mocking jack watts whenever he went near it.

Poor old mark neeld doesn't look too healthy either in all seriousness.  Not sure he's up for coaching a basket case who don't care about winning much.

Spathe Saturday night crew didn't know what to make of it.  Darso blamed the beards.  Bristle just mumbled something about the Micky turner footy factory half heartedly.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Neeld looked like he was going into anaphylactic shock during that presser.

I wouldn't pay any heed to what Brian or Darcy says about anything.

CULTURE

But seriously, listen to Josh Caddy talk to the K-Rock guys after the Hawks match and the stuff he says about coming to Geelong.  Not wanting to let anyone down because the culture of success means everyone expects the best from everyone else was the gist.  Can't imagine that at Melbourne.

Off to Cats Roos tomorrow, hoo-rah!
  • I'm doing Supercoach again this year and so even though I don't get to see the matches it has all the scores. That Melbourne game must have been painful to watch, is it worth downloading as a sort of train wreck type thing?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It's a bit morbid but probably. I watched the 2011 game where Geelong fell a goal short of the all time record score and beat them by 186 points, but this looked worse. Melbourne actually tried that day, but after the first five minutes of last night, they stopped.

You can watch full match replays on the afl site using the smart replay thing.
  • Neeld looked haunted in the box last night. Talk about waking nightmare. The problem is a caretaker will have them in the same boat. I have no idea what to do with em. They'd need a team of guys with big cred to fix things and even then the list is shitty.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Cameron Schwab would want to poke his head out for once.

They have talent but no application. Put Watts at CHF and leave him there.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Speaks volumes of their mishandling that a guy like Gillies who couldn't crack it for a game at Geelong is suddenly slotted straight into a senior backline spot.
  • Let alone chris Dawes in the coaches box!

Something I forgot about until reading it this morning - the dees won 8 games the year bailey got sacked!  Maybe they jumped the gun or sacked the wrong bloke, they don't look anywhere near that again this year.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!