Medal Of Honor: Warfighter
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'd just like a new approach to the military shooter. Less bombast action games like Serious Sam are more suited to and more Hidden & Dangerous.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    BC3 eh. 

Sigh :'(
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Is Rainbow Six more up your street Panty?
  • Flashpoint Dragon Rising was the shiz. Nothing too ott, just tense as fuck.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Except you all only played it for one day ever. Bastards. And fuck you too Amazon.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Flashpoint DR was a decent game. Never completed it though as I kept getting killed on this night operation mission that pissed me off to no end. Also the game's PC controls were catastrophic.

Someone who claimed he was ex-army was really bigging up Dragon Rising in the shop a while back. He said it's the best job a developer has done at recreating the feeling of being under fire in terms of bullets whizzing past and hitting the ground around you.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Shame it's riddled with bugs.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    So it is just like the real army.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    ho ho.
  • Is Rainbow Six more up your street Panty?
    Yes I enjoyed both R6 Vegas games. The more tealistic goals and situations where rewarding, tho i do recall shootin down a chopper at the end of R6 V2?
    I didn't really get a chance to play the predecessors. 

I spent a huge amount of time playin t-hunt both. I really like the V2 t-hunt map where you just assault the posh house. If only thy could get the sodding enemy spawn sorted for the next game.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I hear you panty.

Also +1 ('sup b) for BC3.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Part of the problem is obviously that this 'Transformers' approach sells. The other is the fucking idiot story developers (dont know their proper title). 3rd rate writers that couldnt get a film made if they tried. Integrity is washed away in place of pure spectacle spectacle spectacle. Often there is no genuine story, no connection, no resonance with the player.

Ironically I felt more connected to my avatar when I was 'just another soldier' in CoD1/2 rather than any one of the named avatars in MW:1, 2 or 3.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • I am very keen to try Spec Ops The Line.

I don't know that I'm so keen to be so absolute about finding a moral backbone over current conflicts while seeing no problem with WW2 etc. I understand the why, and have moments where I agree, but I'm not so sure that it's automatically disrespectful to do a current conflict and automatically fine to do an old one.

The problem generally lies in the execution.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    three1ne wrote:
    Ironically I felt more connected to my avatar when I was 'just another soldier' in CoD1/2 rather than any one of the named avatars in MW:1, 2 or 3.

Yes.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    I am very keen to try Spec Ops The Line.

I don't know that I'm so keen to be so absolute about finding a moral backbone over current conflicts while seeing no problem with WW2 etc. I understand the why, and have moments where I agree, but I'm not so sure that it's automatically disrespectful to do a current conflict and automatically fine to do an old one.

The problem generally lies in the execution.

I don't know that it's particularly ok to do WW2, but it's certainly easier to morally position yourself on the side of the allies against the nazis. Also, enough time has passed for the episode to move almost completely out of living memory, turning the war into a cultural and historical moment. It may indeed be a questioning of handling but I don't think any game at the moment is capable of presenting modern conflicts as anything other than a flag toting, jingoistic foreigner shooter. And you can pretty much count me out. Which is a pity, because I do like shooters.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Battlefield 2142 HD, Xbla bite sized summer of gaming. That's the only shooter I could get excited about right now.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I morally object to shooting robots.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Even robo-nazis? That eat salty fish?
  • I know two robots and they love playing shooters where robots are the enemy.
  • I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    I am very keen to try Spec Ops The Line. I don't know that I'm so keen to be so absolute about finding a moral backbone over current conflicts while seeing no problem with WW2 etc. I understand the why, and have moments where I agree, but I'm not so sure that it's automatically disrespectful to do a current conflict and automatically fine to do an old one. The problem generally lies in the execution.
    I don't know that it's particularly ok to do WW2, but it's certainly easier to morally position yourself on the side of the allies against the nazis. Also, enough time has passed for the episode to move almost completely out of living memory, turning the war into a cultural and historical moment. It may indeed be a questioning of handling but I don't think any game at the moment is capable of presenting modern conflicts as anything other than a flag toting, jingoistic foreigner shooter. And you can pretty much count me out. Which is a pity, because I do like shooters.

That's your personal taste though. There's nothing actually wrong with a flag toting jingoistic shooter.
  • Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I'm waiting for Spec Ops: The Line to drop to £20, although I do know that love isn't always on time.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    @mod yes, I know. I've never tried to tell anyone they're wrong in their choice of game. Except for the shit ones.

• You need to listen to the dev commentary to find out how much over complicated bollocks they're throwing at this.
  • dare i say it i quite liked the look of that
  • That 'buddy' system might actually be a decent idea.
    You would have to see how it plays out in reality of course but the idea of having someone that you tag along with could work.

Especially if there are a few of us all paired up.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I thought that the last MoH had the best campaign of any of the shooters, well at least I think I did as its been a while...
  • That stuff in that video sounds like concentrated BAD AIDS to my ears.

do not want

g.man
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm with g.man, that sounds shite to me. 

The first time I kill a twat cowering prone in the corner of a darkened room only to be shot by his mate cowering in the other corner, thus reviving coward number one, I'll be so irate I'll probably smash planet Earth.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!