Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Let's do this. 

And then play something else in half an hour after deleting it.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Hmm do I have to do it from that link? Won't work from the dash.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Rancid game. Ready Brek men running about, horrific collision detection when shooting from cover. Meh.
  • That bad eh? Sounds like the bastard child of BF and Future Soldier.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It has the best spawn killing in any game I've ever played. Unbelievable.
  • Meh. Technically solid with decent enough shooting, but it's far too fast paced on a tiny map for my liking.  Aimed directly at the COD market.
  • this game will be fucking awful

theres an interesting correlation between programmers getting more in touch with art and level design geting more in touch with business

its fucking disgusting *flings self on pit of coals*
  • g.man wrote:
    This just looks like headless chickens running about tiny maps in one big clusterfuck. Basically everything I don't want in an online shooter these days. will not be purchasing g.man
    Crikey!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I will pick this up at some point, just not for full price. The actual guns and gameplay is solid, but the spawn killing is beyond a joke. It also has the most cluttered menu and HUD in any game ever. 

BUT. I do like a bit of TDM every now and then, and I think this would be good for it. We shall see. I liked the tight maps of the fist MOH and that beta map would be fun on TDM.
  • Yup, good gunplay, smooth framerate and lag didn't seem to be a massive issue. A shame though that it falls down on so many other levels. The UI needs Hawkingesque levels of intelligence to fathom, the buddy system is clearly broken and the spawn from the Black Hawk made no sense, particularly as it allowed the opposition to run willy nilly underneath, plugging you as soon as you touch the ground, basic errors that no dev should be making.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Don't worry, it's still in beta.
  • The spawning was pretty hilarious at times. Buddy using wall as cover while shooting at the enemy - game spawns me on top of the wall.

I think they might have achieved what they were aiming for, very fast game play with a high encounter rate. Not really my cup of tea but not a crime. I wonder even if using the buddy system properly might slow it down, you were always risking someone coming up behind you when you camped, but it might be possible to lock areas down with more co-ordination. Not that that's guaranteed to be good fun.

Things like the spawning and the menus did make it feel third rate though, it's incredible that it made it through testing without someone pointing out the flaws. I'd also be a bit wary of how it plays when people unlock more toys and understand the kill streak rewards and maps better. That last bit was really what killed the last game.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Was the TDM better/worse or about the same as BF3?

I'd be interested in whatever objective modes they've got planned. I'm not that fussed about TDM.
  • It's an objective mode in the 'beta', teams start at either end of a small map, everyone runs out and then it selects one of maybe four spots for one team to plant a bomb. It's possible for one of these spots to be right next to where your entire team has just spawned. Rush on steroids with a huge random element.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    There's no TDM in the beta. It's a silly Rush clone, but with changing objectives. The problem is that sometimes the objective appears right next to an enemy, so the plant the charge instantly. Then your team ends up attacking to defend. Mental.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Well thought out then. Ho hum.
  • I didn't mind the random objectives, but at no point does the game scream, 'HERE IS THE OBJECTIVE, ARM THE OBJECTIVE HERE HERE HERE', so any hope of it not descending into a headless chicken hunt is lost before you start.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    It's an objective mode in the 'beta', teams start at either end of a small map, everyone runs out and then it selects one of maybe four spots for one team to plant a bomb. It's possible for one of these spots to be right next to where your entire team has just spawned. Rush on steroids with a huge random element.
    At first I thought that could be a good thing, then I realised that Rush was high octane enough for me and I hate random stuff in shooters. Ho hum.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I was talking about you last night Paul. You'd probably explode with rage playing this, half the time you have a Ready Brek glow round you so the enemy team can see you through walls.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Is this the idea that you're punished for shooting some fella as his mate then gets the drop on you? Doesn't sound like my cup of tea.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I had a bit of fun with the first one, if I can grab it cheap next year I'll probably give it a bash if there's nothing else new to play.
  • Don't need to add anything that hasn't been aid really. blah.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Whats going on then? MP only demo? 

The single player video they keep showing is of a beach invasion.

LOL
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Just played this for about half an hour.

I think you need the readybrek glow coz everything is so fekkin dark. I lost count of the amount of times I'd scan a corner/area, only to be shot in the back by some guy who was the same colour as the wall.

I understand that irl camo this good is your friend, but it doesn't make for a very enjoyable video game.

Also, I'm not usually a graphics snob but this looks dated already. These current systems are creaking under the strain aren't they!
  • Aye, we were discussing the visuals on Friday. I think they've gone backwards since the last MoH but this may be for performance reasons, for me at least, the framerate was smooth and rock solid. We were speculating whether it was 60fps or a very slick 30, to my ignorance, I'm not sure if this is already known. The brief will have been to match CoD's 60, and as we know, that operates at sub HD levels.
  • The game is apparently on two discs on the 360, I don't know if that means the textures will be better in the release game, but the 'beta' certainly isn't a looker. I suppose BF3 has set the bar high this gen, EA's b-team was going to struggle to match those graphics. It looks a lot worse than the videos they've shown, high end PC footage no doubt.
  • The only decent mode on the original was the pseudo Rush style mode, especially on the Afghan valley and airport. I'll only be buying this if the single player is as good, and as personal, as last time. Any CoD/Bf3 style skipping around all over the world and I'll be sorely disappointed.
  • Surely if you go one map you go daytime?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Maybe they're trying to hide the fugly.
  • Not that anyone cares but it's out in the states tomorrow and still no reviews - I smell a stinker !!!!!

Have there been many games with a review embargo till day of release and have been any good ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!