theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I never thought I'd say this, but give the 007 licence back to EA.

Or anyone.
  • Rare, I mean Free Radical, wait, the job centre.

(Phone wanted me to say jib celery)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    What is Doak doing nowadays anyway
    Doak left Free Radical (which now is known as Crytek UK) in 2009 and set his own Nottingham-based studio Zinkyzonk, which would develop games for Facebook.

fuck.me.
  • How the mighty have fallen.

And one day they say he shall rise again and on that day we will drink from the purity of Timesplitters 4. And on that day the reign of military fps shall pass and the new era of fun shall begunst.
  • EA to shutter the Medal of Honor brand following Warfighter's "well below expectations" sales

I'm guessing Battlefield is away to become annual.

Complaining about review scores is ridiculous after you hold back review code until release.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    EA wanna buck their ideas up. All that good will generated from the titles they pushed out 4 or 5 years ago more or less completely flushed down the toilet.

Can't see JR keeping his job for much longer.
  • Effectively kills two franchises in one as Battlefield will now completely have the life it is clinging onto bludgeoned out of it. MoH, BF, NFS, Dead Space, are EA on a mission to crapify all their marquee titles?
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    One the bright side, if MoH is sent to the veterans home, then maybe, just maybe, Bad Company might get another crack.
  • EA Labels president Frank Gibeau added, "We're in a hit-driven business where it's about what you can build in a certain period of time and really deliver for the marketplace, and frankly we missed on Medal of Honor. And we take responsibility for that."
    Read, what you can rush within an 18-24 month dev cycle and deliver to the customer unfinished and under developed.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Mod74 wrote:
    One the bright side, if MoH is sent to the veterans home, then maybe, just maybe, Bad Company might get another crack.
    It's just a name though, no guarantee of quality, MoH used to be an enjoyable franchise when Spielberg was attached. We'll have to see what Respawn have to offer or Crytek with the Homefront IP.

• It makes me worried about Bad Company getting another shot, EA made a spectacular mess of MoH, I'd struggle to imagine them getting BC3 right at the moment.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    EA wanna buck their ideas up. All that good will generated from the titles they pushed out 4 or 5 years ago more or less completely flushed down the toilet. Can't see JR keeping his job for much longer.

Yup, there was a time when it looked like EA could be back to being a really good publisher, and delivering excellent games. But now it looks like they are returning to their old ways.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Its an odd thing.
    I guess as a publisher you give a studio, you like the look of, some money and let them go ahead and make the game they want.
    That game does well, then you decide to give them even more money to make game number 2 in the series. But this time, there is more at stake i.e. money and reputation of, a now known, IP.
    The publisher then gets a bit nervy and starts poking their nose in where they should actually take the same approach as they did with game number 1.
    Trust the studio.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Exactly. It's very odd.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Lest we forget Danger Close didn't have the burden of the MP last time. I dare say they've overstretched themselves given EA's deadline. Whether this was apparent to EA during the cycle I don't know, but they have a habit now of releasing glaringly obviously underdeveloped titles.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    The development process and resultant reviews won't have helped, but it was always going to be an Tesco Extra Value version of Call of Duty in most peoples eyes.

The decision to try and take a WW2 shooter people sort of remember and modernise it (i.e. copy copy CoD completely) then instantly bi annualise it is the root of the problem, not the game DC delivered or the reviews it got.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    With how EA appear to be fucking up good titles I am starting to worry that they may interfere with Respawn rather than just letting them get on with it. I worry that Zampella and West's idea may get diluted by EA...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    They should be OK, they're signed up to a Partners deal aren't they, like Valve were.
  • EA don't own Respawn though, they're just the publishers. The time that's passed without hearing anything and the rumours that BF4 is coming for this Christmas seem like a bigger problem for respawn.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I have a silly amount of faith placed in Respawn, but then they did deliver two of my favourite games ever.

I just hope that they come up with something other than a modern military FPS. They seem capable of giving the genre a kick up the bum but who knows.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    You'd think EA make enough money on FIFA alone to just relax at the club buying everyone drinks.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Shareholders.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    I have a silly amount of faith placed in Respawn, but then they did deliver two of my favourite games ever. I just hope that they come up with something other than a modern military FPS. They seem capable of giving the genre a kick up the bum but who knows.
    I'm hoping for the same thing, a title that could possibly have the same influence that CoD4 had but without it being a military thing and without progressing into the shitfest that CoD became.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!