Ask the Bear & Badger
  • This seems like nasty business Gav. I'd ask Gonz for some advice here.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm frankly astonished he didnt blur your faces.
  • In an ideal world, this is something you could go to your union rep about. This is not an ideal world though.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Any record of stuff you said at the time, gav? Would be good to be able to go "seeee" in a nice definitive way, but can well believe it was all verbal etc...
  • If nothing else, it was well documented on the forum at the time.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Any record of stuff you said at the time, gav? Would be good to be able to go "seeee" in a nice definitive way, but can well believe it was all verbal etc...

I don't follow?
  • Appreciate the help, folks. Had a cunt of a week in there and now it's getting in the way of my last weekend off (and my gf's bday), so I'm v annoyed.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:

I don't follow?

Have you got any record of the conversations you had at the time (emails etc.)?
  • To whom? The guy taking the photos? Or my bosses about the task?

I don't really care about the moral debate about the task, I'm much more concerned about the guy taking photos of me without my permission and posting them because he's bitter at the downfall of his company this time last year that left hundreds without wages at Xmas.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Was meaning to your bosses or whatever. In case it helped made them listen quicker or something.
  • Nah I don't think there will be. There's been many, many instances of the usual bin guys voicing their disapproval at it, but they're also getting extra hrs outta it so why rock the boat? It was meant to be a temporary thing, but it's still going.

But again, I couldn't care less. I just want this cunt to know he can't be taking photos of people without their permission and post them.

Tomorrow I'm going to tell my boss everything, and if at any time I feel I'm getting fobbed off cos it's their last day, I'm going to find out who the legal team are at ser*o and get emailing. I'm livid.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I know it's shit, but I'm not sure there is anything illegal in what he's done. A dm to him in the first instance (admit to nothing, apologise for nothing, don't offer agreement or criticism of anything he says or claims) asking him to delete the photos and blur faces might be the quickest way to resolve it.
  • Just be careful the hospital doesn’t throw you under the bus if this blows up Gav.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Just be careful the hospital doesn’t throw you under the bus if this blows up Gav.
    One of the reasons it would be good to have a record of any previous correspondence regarding the issue.
  • Absolutely.
  • There's none. All there is is a form folk were made to sign that excluded them from disciplinary action if caught handling medical waste. It was forbidden before that mob went under. What the guy is saying and what he thinks is going on is not the case at all. Ser*o's actions here have been agreed to by the NHS. If I'm doing a waste shift, I'm doing a waste shift. I'm not handling patients.
  • I'd be very wary of having any sort of dialogue with this tool Gav. I know you're rightfully furious about this, but he's got an axe to grind and he may well twist anything you say to suit his cause..
  • Yeah the account that he quoted has a big reach. I mean the fucker is saying MI6 is stalking him, he's a nutcase. Fuck engaging that right now.

Time to chill, tomorrow I'll be calm(er). I'll see what work says.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Don't worry about him then mate. His tweets have the worst grammar I've seen for a while, I'm not surprised his business collapsed.

If everything is above board, you have forms signed etc. then he can rant on twitter all he wants. From what I've seen he's not getting much traction. The NHS should have a team for dealing with this, and if they don't give me a shout and I'll point you in the direction of some things that could help.
  • Cheers goobs. I don't wanna overreact but also I'm freaked the fuck out? Ugh. Anyway, thanks again.

Tomorrow is a new day.
  • Aye, sleep on it mate. Things like this can really rattle a guy.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Your managers at your company (I have plenty of experience with them) might not know what they should do with the information you give them, and decide to just sit on it rather than cause themselves work.

If you think that's happening then you can contact NHS Scotland direct via email.

[email protected]

If you're nervous about doing that because of any potential work complications let me know and I'm more than happy to email on your behalf mate.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Are there any things/sites which can automatically list/combine all of my: - PSN library - Xbox e- library, including gamepass - Steam library - epic store library - twitch library - humble library, including vault - ... And ideally manual entries for disc games too And if not why not? Cos there aren't APIs for all of them?

LaunchBox

https://www.launchbox-app.com/

I found it pretty simple if a little time consuming, but yo can install collections and emulateor engines, then stick your library in, but the library can be a pain as y uneed to link each game file to it[s engone to play it on. However there are some bulk edit options and even the free version has a decent looking frontend, plus let's me play all my emulated games, my locallyu imstalled games, and steam library
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Jesus fuck Gav, try not to worry, someone is simply using you, and that's way out of order, like really way out
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Can anyone explain the Caroline Flack thing?

The guy she is alleged to have assaulted hasn't pressed charges and a request that HE made to have her bail condition changed so they can be in contact over Christmas has been refused.

Is this a case of the public prosecutionor taking the case against her?  It seems very odd to me.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Sorry I've only just seen this. 

As a matter of urgency, I would contact my line manager and tell them that you think top brass need to know.

At the same time, join a union asap. Looks like unison Scotland or the GMB from a quick search. My worry is that you get treated as a patsy.

I wouldn't contact the guy directly, I would ask the hospital to contact the man and ask him to take down or at least pixellate my face, as I am entitled to privacy in private permises. I assume this was not the street.

Contacting him directly could leave you open to accusations of hushing it up /open up the patsy avenue.

The key thing is you are the porter and you do what you are told. You made objections at the time. If any of them were in writing or are documented by writing, get those and save them and show them to your union rep.

If after you report this anybody invites you to a meeting, ask if it is a disciplinary meeting, if it is, make sure someone you trust / a union rep is there with you.

It may be that disposing of some of this waste is an offence, I don't know. 

If this is a storm in a tea cup, great. Being a member of the union is important anyhow, especially when shit rolls downhill 
    as it seems to do where you work
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • davyK wrote:
    Can anyone explain the Caroline Flack thing?

The guy she is alleged to have assaulted hasn't pressed charges and a request that HE made to have her bail condition changed so they can be in contact over Christmas has been refused.

Is this a case of the public prosecutionor taking the case against her?  It seems very odd to me.

Domestic abuse case so I guess they have to factor in emotional manipulation of the victim.

Looking at what is coming out there is no way charges would be dropped.
    999 call of the bf saying she had twatted him with a lamp while he was asleep. Arguing over the phone.
    Body cam footage from the responding officers of her admitting it, she flipped a table and had to be restrained. Her and the bf were covered in blood when the Police arrived.
    She confessed while under caution and gave a demonstration.

It seems pretty clear to me she has manipulated the guy and she already broke conditions not to make contact with him.

What is quite worrying about some of the public reaction is that people dont seem to understand domestic abuse when a man is the victim. If this was the other way around people would be calling for the guy's head.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yikes. Obviously more to this than I knew.  Did think that perhaps there was a fear of manipulation behind it mind.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yeah, to be fair a lot of it came out today at the hearing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!