Assassin's Creed
  • LivDiv wrote:
    1980s Milton Keynes

I’d be all
    Over that
    The Forum Herald™
  • 2021 London after The Purge
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Bob wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    1980s Milton Keynes

I’d be all
    Over that

The main quest line involves assassinating Cliff Richard during the shooting of his Wired for Sound video.
  • 2021 London after The Purge

They are already doing that in Watchdogs: Avon Representative
  • Oh. How about Assassins Creed : The Life of Brian.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • The main quest line can be proving that Brian is in fact NOT the Messiah, he's just a very naughty boy
  • Press A to stab Jesus with a spear.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    1980s Milton Keynes

I’d be all
    Over that

The main quest line involves assassinating Cliff Richard during the shooting of his Wired for Sound video.

I love that video - my mum wouldn’t let me
    Ride my bike with headphones on so I wasn’t allowed to recreate it! God I hated that bitch!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Just watching the artist now on Twitch draw the new setting. Tbh it's a nice thoughtful way to announce the new setting. (are you listening Bethesda, do the next 'Scrolls announcement like this) 

So far we have what looks like a very medieval castle (ruined) with some dudes in scale mail fighting beneath it. Doesn't look particularly Viking though. :(
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Christ the comment feed on youtube is thick as shit.
    "The faces look too bland"
    "Why are you doing a photoshop tutorial?"
    "REAL FANS DON'T WANT A GENERIC RPG GAME"

One person is just spamming "DELETE AMURA FROM RAINBOW SIX SIEGE"
  • Anyway, definitely looks nordic looking at the boats on the left.
    I'm gonna take a punt that the map will be based around the Baltic sea, Scandinavia and parts of northern Europe. Possibly with the British isles and maybe even stretching to Iceland.
  • Yeah, just seen the near-finished drawing now.  Definitely longboats. 

Assassin Creed:  Vikings.

Bring it on!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • So that's Assassins Creed Valhalla then. Trailer drops 4pm today! 

IdleAcidicAuk-size_restricted.gif
  • Well that looked good and out for Xmas.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Do it to me
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah I'm in for For Honour meets a game I care about
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dobule
  • Looks great, I am totally sold on Odyssey so this should be excellent.
    I think it will be worth picking up on the next gen hardware. Load times are pretty long on Odyssey and I can see areas where a bit more grunt would lift the game.

Funny that the trailer on Ubisfoft's youtube account doesn't have the Playstation logos. Probably just MS throwing money around.
  • The Ass Creed series really has been one of, if not the big turnaround this gen after whatever that awful entry was. Since understanding and approaching them with the right approach I’ve found the last couple of entries some of the best games this gen. cannot wait for the next instalment and hopefully it’ll coincide with the Series-X for extra shinies.
  • Yup. Im pretty early into Odyssey and it is a totally different level of quality than the last Ass game I played. I loved the first 3 releases but it stagnated, even by the end of Brotherhood I was fed up of the formula.
    I will probably pick up Origins after this and leave Valhalla until I can afford a next gen console.
  • I'm really into the idea of the Vikings theme. Would love to get on board with this but my major problem with Assassins Creed games is that they've become so bloated with side quests and things to do I find it all so overwhelming. I would love an option to play the game with some sort of "streamlined" option enabled which just focusses on the main quest line, clearly pointing where I need to go and just lets me enjoy the story
  • That would be a good idea.
    I am playing Odyssey on easy just because I really don't want to have to replay anything upon death as there is already so much to do. It could still be more streamlined.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Play GoW
  • I dont want to spend £250 on a PS4 months before it is car boot sale fodder.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Play GoW

I actually love that series because it's very much A-B-C with action scenes in between. A clear beginning, middle and end with a straight line between objectives. No faff.
    I would love an option to play Assassins Creed and experience the story and set pieces without having to invest 60 hours into it.
    I've played Odyssey for 2 hours and haven't seen hardly any of the story or even got off the first sodding island.
    I appreciate that for someone people the size and scale of the games is what they play for but I'm lucky to get more than a few hours a week to be able to play games on my consoles due to family commitments and working a hard job with long variable shift hours. Means I might sometimes go a whole week without a chance to play on my xbox, by which point ive forgotten what was going on in the game, what this item was, which of the 10 side quests was I focussing on, which of the million waypoints is the one I need and what do these weapons do?

Just give us a simple menu option that will almost put blinkers on and just let us skip straight to the next story beat
  • Yeah I suggested such an option would be perfect when I first started Origins upon release. Not even a streamlined version so to speak, but one absent levels/XP where you could just go through the main missions and completely ignore the rest. I’m surprised that they don’t have such a thing really as it couldn’t harm sales and might very slightly improve them?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Bit disappointed it’s set in England.  Was hoping I’d be playing beneath auroran skies.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!