Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Ivr never used a PS controller with PC however, always Xbox so not sure with that.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    There is a prebuild Torrent on fitgirl repacks. If you search breath of the Wild on it (not linking here as piracy) it has an older fully stable CEMU build plus rom all set up ready to go with shader cache I believe.

Ffs page turn

• Cheers mate. I've got it going nicely now just still having this controller issue. Hoping I'm not gonna have to faff about with all this every time I boot it up. What's the deal gonna be with Tears of the Kingdom then? Is it gonna be possible to get it running nice like BotW as it's not a WiiU game?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Depends on the Switch emu mate. No idea. BOTW on Switch is like 60fps base emu res.

Are you saving your controller profile within the emulator? If you don't you'll have to set it up each time.
  • Yeah I've saved it in there. Seen a few reports of people struggling with the pro controller so I might just use the dual shock and be done with it.
  • This emulator business is something then. I truly feel like I'm playing a BotW remaster it's that good I've put 5 hours into it tonight alone and I'm committed to going through the game yet again this thing is like magic. Just splendid.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yes lad its the promised land once you get there. Now you've got one game going you can do the rest no bother.
  • This emulator business is something then. I truly feel like I'm playing a BotW remaster it's that good I've put 5 hours into it tonight alone and I'm committed to going through the game yet again this thing is like magic. Just splendid.

It really is a stunner in 4K.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Playing TotK at 30fps or below is gonna be a shocker ha ha.
  • What else is worth playing on WiiU then?
  • What else is worth playing on WiiU then?

Devil's Third.
  • Loads of stuff. Wind waker looks great, Mario WiiU was well overlooked, Bayonetta, Captain toad.
  • Fuck me wind waker HD I never even thought of it. What a treat
  • Looks great on the Steam Deck as well
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Lovely widescreen too. Nintendo's art style is amazing. It either never stops looking good with sprites or the 3D stuff gets way better with just a resolution bump. No need for remasters really, just better hardware. 

Saying that the Prime remaster was a winner.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    For some reason I first read that as the Prime Minster was a winner......
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Fired up Botw again. The gfx packs are getting better, they really enhance it. Anisotropic filtering on x16, draw distance high, 2K, shadows high, Serfrost clarity filter -  looks the business.
  • This must be the best emulation experience on the planet right now. Having it looking this good makes it an absolute joy. If I didn't have a massive telly I'd probably get one just for this.
  • Lovely widescreen too. Nintendo's art style is amazing. It either never stops looking good with sprites or the 3D stuff gets way better with just a resolution bump. No need for remasters really, just better hardware.  Saying that the Prime remaster was a winner.

I still marvel at Mario Kart 8 on OG switch. Beautiful to watch in motion. Fantastic art design.
    SFV - reddave360
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    This must be the best emulation experience on the planet right now. Having it looking this good makes it an absolute joy. If I didn't have a massive telly I'd probably get one just for this.

What is the emulator bringing to the party? Is it simply because the extra heft unshackles the underlying game engine to perform better or is it enhancing the game engine itself?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    This must be the best emulation experience on the planet right now. Having it looking this good makes it an absolute joy. If I didn't have a massive telly I'd probably get one just for this.

What is the emulator bringing to the party? Is it simply because the extra heft unshackles the underlying game engine to perform better or is it enhancing the game engine itself?

Mods. Improved everything. On the fly cheats if you're that way inclined. Plus the engine itself is completely unshacked to the point if you have the gpu and monitor you can go 8k, add draw distance, add aliasing, near whatever you want. Uncapped frame rate.

I ran it in 1080p ultra widescreen at 144hz and it was spectacular. I also did it in 4k 60.

Note that not every Wii U game has the above options. BotW is just the flagship for the emu so more attention
    Most things have 60fps where it doesn't break the engine (Xenoblade it does so capped at 30 etc). At the absolute least it offers resolution bumps.

And Nintendo games look spectacular in 4k.
  • One of the noteable options in emulating BotW is the ability to turn off weapon degredation.
  • Oh yes. Or have weapons last 2 or 3 times longer
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Mods. Improved everything. On the fly cheats if you're that way inclined. Plus the engine itself is completely unshacked to the point if you have the gpu and monitor you can go 8k, add draw distance, add aliasing, near whatever you want. Uncapped frame rate. I ran it in 1080p ultra widescreen at 144hz and it was spectacular. I also did it in 4k 60. Note that not every Wii U game has the above options. BotW is just the flagship for the emu so more attention Most things have 60fps where it doesn't break the engine (Xenoblade it does so capped at 30 etc). At the absolute least it offers resolution bumps. And Nintendo games look spectacular in 4k.

That's interesting - clearly Nintendo's devs have the chops to build better looking stuff but are held back by the hardware spec. I suppose you have to be a better dev to get a good experience out of lesser kit , but it's interesting to know their code is throttled back somewhat and can scale up if the resources are there. I suppose whatever engine they are using is parameterised with resource limits defined.

Even my daughter with less than 2yrs software dev experience guffaws at some of the unity efforts on Switch. She literally laughs and points at - for example - a loading screen with a freezing loading animation (as in say the Monkey Ball port), saying "why didn't they multi-thread that bit?"

erm...
  • Yeah, in Botw in particular it's just lovely. They made textures you can't even see on the switch. Because most of the game is the world itself it really shines on the PC. I'm playing no mods, yet, and it's a joy to play it like this. You can bump all the grass features up and the nature stuff, so it remains true to the at style but it feels so more alive. The shader packs are very good and the colours really pop. It doesn't have that washed out look og does. It's the best gaming experience I've had for ages.
  • Playing TotK at 30fps or below is gonna be a shocker ha ha.

This is the downside. I might actually wait.
  • Has anyone played BOTW with mods on the steam deck ? If so how does it run?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I'm playing it without mods at the moment. Runs fine.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!