Super Meat Boy etc - Forever is OUT NOW!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Oh yes.  :)

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Pirates of the Carribean-esque soundtrack.  :)
  • davyK wrote:
    Oh yes.  :)

I'm pretty sure that level is where I noped out... I enjoyed it, but felt that was beyond me... this was a good 12 years ago, i'd be even worse now.

Great game though.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Went back and A+ ed ch1. Beat the Dark World levels and Iron Manned it in Light World . Still to beat the boss of Ch.6 but making good progress. My hand is knackered.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Good work.  Iron Manning gets mighty tough mighty fast.  Firmly noped out of that!  All the bandages tho or GTFO :p
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yeah bandages next. :) want to unlock those characters anyhow. And theres the warp levels. I've unlocked the yellow square on ch1 and 2 (no idea how) which has some tough challenges I haven't beat yet.

Can't see me iron manning anything else to be honest. But i'd like to A+ everything. Ive noticed you dont have to do the levels in order to get the iron man achievement..means you could tackle the run killers first.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Have almost dark worlded ch.2. Level 2-19X is a bit of a bastard but got it in the end. This game has really got its hooks into me.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Never have I felt more disappointed by davyK.

How the tables have turned
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    :)
  • Love it when Meat Boy grabs someone.  

I've started a second playthrough of Forever, first world done.  A different beast, and not as Godly, but it's a damn good game.  Get on it Muzzy.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Couldn't leave it. Beat the Light World and got the end credits. That rescue level was a cracker - the first half of it has some really tough jumps. Cleared the first couple of Cotton Alley levels.

Was wrong earlier - haven't cleared ch.2 Dark World yet. I had a tough time with 1-20X....got that one mixed up with Dark Levels of ch.2

Have A+ed ch.2 light and have a handful of Ch2. Dark levels cleared.

SMB_achievementsOct2022.jpg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I did it!  Part of the illustrious 0.1% with that particular trophy... Amusingly that's the same proportion who have finished the game.  Pretty low percentages all round! This is literally about 2 hours condensed to 2 minutes...

Lordy!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Lol. And the best thing about that level is
    Spoiler:

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Lol. And the best thing about that level is
    Spoiler:

Have hit a few of those sections. Have cleared a couple of them but there's a couple of them I've unlocked are rock hard - not cleared yet. The ones that appear as a yellow space on the map are nightmarish.

Looked at the extra levels in Meat Boy world - there's an achievement that's awarded if you clear any level on the Christmas chapter with The Kid as a character. Bonkers tough.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Looked at the extra levels in Meat Boy world

The what now?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    If I go left when sitting on ch.1 in chapter select I go to Meat Boy world. There I can select extra levels...

MeatBoyWorld.jpg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I presume these are submitted levels from the community? You can vote for a level after you beat it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Went bandage gathering. Have all 20 in ch.1 The retro warp has still to be defeated though - that's a real bastard.

Having fun in ch2. Dark World.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    A+ ing and looking for bandages in Dark World Ch.2  Having diffs finding bandages.  But getting better at the levels looking for them. I don't think an Iron Man (Light or Dark) is on though - I'd like to clear the game in Dark World before considering that.  I thought ch1. Light would be an easy Iron Man but it took me far longer than I thought it would. Going to plough onto Ch.3 Dark.

Those propeller/fan levels. Annoying - though once you "get" how the physics works they become enjoyable enough.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Played a bit of the Switch port last night. Playing docked on the big TV. It has some frame rate issues when you perform a large cross-screen jump. Not massive but it's noticeable especially coming from the PC version. You notice a couple of frame skips. Inexcusable really.

Played up to ch.3 after quickly mopping up the first 2 chapters from scratch. It's going to be a lot tougher to A+ / Dark World ch.3. :)

Don't like those tiny joycon buttons. :(
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    At 51% and this game is really baring its teeth now. Tackling Ch.3 Dark. Even the first couple of levels are toughies. :)
  • This might be the best game I've played since getting my series S. Thanks to muzzy for that. I often can't summon the commitment needed to progress further,  but when I do manage to find the stamina and persistence it throws down moments of exhilaration that are in a different league to almost anything else out there.

To be hyper critical, I find the little dramatic chapter select jingle annoying, and also the skippable cutscene thingeys too.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The pain and the pleasure

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    level 3-7X - 2 keys to grab mid air while they drop? Using those bastard conveyor belts? You have to be fucking kidding me.  :)

Meanwhile on Switch - I don't think the Brownie chase is possible with joycon buttons - for me at any rate.

Re SMB Forever on Switch. Christ it's tough. There are 2 levels in the 1st world that have me genuinely stumped.
  • Forever's almost an on-the-fly puzzle game in places. The route looping/back and forth can be daunting at first due to the constant movement. The more you play the more the tactics will click - then it should become intuitive again.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It's the puzzle element that's getting me. The controls are far more forgiving with the dash button but that endless movement!  :)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    3-7X hustled me until I realised I was trying to do too much. :)

Onto 3-9X now.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Up to 3-16X. Air is blue but some great levels. It's amazing how many ideas they have squeezed out of the small set of objects in this game. Marvellous stuff.  The difficulty curve is great too. Early on in the game it's a bit up and down but the Dark Worlds are brilliantly cranked up. The skill ceiling seemingly without limit.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    3-15X...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!