Super Meat Boy etc - Forever is OUT NOW!
  • Ah right, glad I never bothered with all the bandages then because I always assumed they'd all be reachable with Meat Boy.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Think it is 3 so far.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    6-5X is a doozy. Progressing OK toward beating it but it's a very exacting level.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    6-5X fell quickly tonight - before I started recording.  A+ ed it too!  

SMBlastboss.jpg

Tilting at the final boss now.  :)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Nice! I reckoned there were some levels trust we're easier to A+ than finish slowly, cos the gears etc just fall into place right if you go hell for leather.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye. Most of the ones where you race against a rising tide for example are pretty much auto A+es.

I knew how to do 6-5X OK but I just couldn't get the two or three key jumps together in one run.

The last section is a squeaky bum series of jumps over 6 blades. It's a section that requires you to not overthink it. I reckon that is where the A+ run is made.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Have been looking for bandages in ch.4. Still have a warp zone to find in the Light World but have all others.

Dark World has some real stinkers. Spent an age yesterday getting the 4-8X bandage.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Have got the Dark World Dr. Fetus beaten but the following rescue section after it is a bloody killer.... The first section is nightmarish.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Back today after a longish break....surprised how well the muscle memory has held up.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Can get to the Dark World finale rescue now without TOO much trouble (.....)

First recorded attempt at the rescue..

And Here's me A+ing Cotton Alley level 8 :)

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Meant to say...there is a hint of something new SMB related in my Steam notifications...

Hints at a 2 character setup..maybe a team or Head Over Heels type of thing.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Intriguing
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    indeed..

smbtease.png
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Making progress with the rescue. Pretty sure I'm getting half way or beyond it. Have got a bit further than shown here when I wasn't recording (at the 2min mark)...that first bit is still the hardest section.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    And there we go....main game done. A 2.3% achievement which pleases me. Have included the end credits just for fun though my mic went a bit weird during that sequence...

71.9 hours on the clock.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Cotton Alley still to do - Light and Dark.

Still 30 bandages to find.

Still some glitch and warps to find and beat too!!!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Now the real Meat Boy begins...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Indeed....

Cotton Alley hasn't been as bad is I thought - but then I'm not trying for A+ or the Dark versions.

Some of the bandages I have still to collect I've spotted look nightmarish too. Have 70 collected so far.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Up to 75 bandages now. There was one I was dreading but got it eventually : 4-18X. Still haven't found all of them on ch.4 -Hell yet but close. There is one that needs the double jump character (4-10X) and it's going to be dreadful navigating the level with his overall reduced jump ability.

Cleared a few more levels in Cotton Alley ... Hand sore!!! It's baring its teeth now.

I hate those missile levels - the straight aimed ones are annoying but are at least predictable and therefore controllable. Those homing missiles that split up into 8 pieces are a different story - fucking horrible. Their behaviour is controllable to a degree but it feels a bit too random - kind of a blot on the game's copybook.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Another image on Steam. Something on 24th Jan..  It could be just a bit of tat to buy? Hopefully it's more than that.  The "YooTooz" brand made me think of 2 player but looking at this it might be a new game mechanic...or is it just a figure showing a tight jump over a buzzsaw?

smbtease2.png
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Just googled yootooz as I'm ignorant of these things... A vinyl figure then.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The "tricky" 4-10X bandage then. Needs the double jump character unless someone can correct me?

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Also unlocked the ch4 Dark World Warp Zone. This is impossible to unlock with Meat Boy unless I am mistaken. I had to use a floating character - Commander Video - to get to it. The 3rd level in that warp zone is a real bastard of a thing.

One bandage still to find in Dark World - I'm really hoping it isn't hidden in a level with disentegrating bricks - that would be a total nightmare as they are missile levels.

Discovered a game save delete in the settings too - not sure how I missed that. Not that I'm considering that!!  AT 85% now.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Picked up 4 bandages. 3 of them in ch.5. 

5-12 required the double jump character.

Still have a bandage and a warp zone to find in ch.4  Might have to resort to a guide to see which levels they are in...but there is still plenty of other stuff to go for so I'll hold that in reserve.

Trying the later Cotton Alley levels and they are a hoot. level 20 - dread to think what the Dark version is like......this is going to take a while!!  :)

79 bandages.

Cotton Alley status:

12 light cleared, 5 A+
    1 dark cleared
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Found last bandage in ch.4. Was indeed hidden in a collapsing wall in a  level with those hateful missiles that split into 8...

80 bandages.

Did the ch.2 glitch level too.  Still have a warp zone to find and clear in ch.4 then that chapter will be 100%
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Got 2 more bandages in ch.4 light warp 1.  Still can't find the 2nd warp in ch.4!!  :(

Have cleared 2 more glitch zones though. Cotton Alley 13 light, 6 A+, 1 dark.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Had to resort to a guide to ID the Hell levels with the warps.

4-8 has one. But it is totally hidden and there is no clue as to its whereabouts. I had searched that level a fair bit before but had to watch a video to see where it was.  :(   Felt cheap and hollow.

Found the other character warp in 4-18 though - it was hidden away behind scenery too. Felt cheap even though I found it myself. Got the character from the warp but still to do the 2 bandages in the other one.

Cotton Alley status : 15 light, 8A+, 1 dark.   91% total completion (though that is out 106% as 4 of those are glitch warps).
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Got ch.4 100%ed at last.

Cotton Alley : 18 light 12A+, 1 dark.

Still plenty of bandages to find in ch.5
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Took a break last night but back at it.

Couple more bandages in ch.5  Had to use the little robot with the propeller head for one of 'em.  

Cleared another Cotton Alley level , A+ed it. Was that hateful floaty one. Just level 20 to go then that's the Light version cleared. Then onto A+ ing the rest and the tackling the Dark Versions.

Cotton Alley : 19 light 13A+, 1 dark.

Game pad is knackered - the analogue stick is pushing out up and down motions. That doesn't affect SMB (I don't think) but I need to replace it. Tried connecting a 360 pad using a USB bluetooth dongle but it won't play. :(

It was a cheap generic pad so can't complain - have had it a good while and you can hear the stick getting a workout on my YT videos.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!