Super Meat Boy etc - Forever is OUT NOW!
  • YouTube notifications on a watch. A new low.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Playing on PC. When I feel the clear is on I start screen capturing...yes you can hear me grunting and cussing....you can hear the pad stick too.

If the recording goes on for 3mins or more. I stop and restart recording. So these are live.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Getting the A+ on 5-14 light world was a struggle. I got myself into a real mental state where I just couldn't keep it together for the 30secs needed - kept making stupid mistakes. Don't like those enemy herding levels that much but it does add variety and they are consistent in their behaviour.

I got really annoyed with this one - the c-word is used at one point....

at 1'26'' I'm answering daughter#1 who "wants a lift in 5min". So I HAD to get this before she was ready!!!

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ooh yeah I remember that level being not good

I went through the first world and A+ed en easily enough. But I know this is the quiet before the storm.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Not much time today. Found the ch2 dark warp zone, cleared that and got the bandages. Just 1 more to find to 100% ch.2.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Have 100%-ed chapter 2 and also have A+ed the ch.5 Light world. Have started off dark worlding that now. Some real nice challenges popping up there!!!

Went on a bandage and warp hunt in ch3. too Have found a couple that look impossible.

Latest amusing bit of pain was this one - there's a bonus comedic screw up with this. The jump over the 2 gravity generators was the trickiest bit of this.  5-16 A+

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Turning my PC off this evening for 2 weeks as I'm off on holiday..

There will be some warming up to be done when I return!  :)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Back this evening still jetlagged.

Warmed up on Ch1. Dark World and then went back to Ch.5 (Rapture) Dark levels. Left this before my holiday at 5-2X.

Is a nightmare with those gravity well jumps. Still haven't figured out how to beat it. The 2nd gravity well jump has me baffled re how to get it consistent.

Tried 5-3X and have at least figured out how to do that one. Will return tomorrow when my eyes aren't burning.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Back at it. Ch.5 dark.  The 2nd level was a real cunt due to having to  get consistent with those gravity well thingies...

Am at Ch5.5.X now and it's one those collapsing platforms/switch ones. It's a toughie.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Have got to the final section of 5-5X but it's baffling me a bit. It will require a highly skilled wall jump over a large blade whilst hitting a switch to remove the final wall before the goal. Have figured out the bandage in that level but it's going to need focussed practice.

Have left it for now and moved on - cleared another few levels.

5-6X was curse inducing...the last little section of 3 tight jumps kept defeating me..

I have now got 70% of the Dark World defeated - enough to unlock the final boss of the Dark World but I'm going to plough on through the levels.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Went on a bandage hunt in ch.3 - have half of those now. But with one I had to swap to a character with a double jump. Does anyone know if all bandages are possible with the original Meat Boy character?

There is one other bandage in ch.3 that I cannot figure out how to nab. Must post some footage to show what I mean.

Then went back to ch.5 Dark and cleared a couple more. Progress then.  At 70% complete for the entire game now.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Can't remember. There are some warp bits which I think are forced to be other characters? I'm pretty sure I mainlined most other stuff with the main dude though.
  • From memory everything is possible with Meat Boy but I could be wrong. Some characters make certain things easier but none of them felt anywhere near as perfect as MB so I didn't bother with them for long.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There's one bandage in particular that I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do with MB. I'd be surprised if one had to use an alternate character though as the game is so well designed. The alt characters seem to be there for speedrunning.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    OK - level 3-4.

The bandage was placed below the gap to the right of where MB is standing. It was smack in the middle of that grey shape that looks like an inverted celtic cross. I had to use a character with a double jump move to get it. It's been the only bandage I have had to do that with so far.  I've seen a warp zone in another level that looks impossible to get to with MB too - but I could of course be wrong..

(btw - how do you reset this game? There doesn't seem to be any save slots...would be nice to have reset this level so I could take a screenshot with the bandage visible)

imgSMB3-4.jpg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    hmmm... Seems I have to delete or rename a file in the Steam folder to reset the game.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Cleared a handful more levels - up to 5-16X. Still to clear 5-5X though I'm close. Stepped over 5-14X too as it's maddening. :)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    hah. Cleared 5-5X.

5-14X and 5-16X - I had diffs with the light world version of these too (albeit trying to A+ them) - just have a blind spot about them - but got them done. Onto 5-17X now.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Cleared up to 5-19X - two more levels to go in ch.5

Found a couple more bandages in Salt Factory but had to use the double jump MB to get one of 'em.

Out on the booze tomorrow so missing tomorrow night.

I haven't enjoyed platforming like this in decades - probably since SMW or YI.  This deserves to be in my top 100.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Cleared the ch.3 glitch zone. My first one of those. 2.5% achievement. :)   I suspect it is one of the easier ones. I have unlocked a couple of the others and they are mental.

SMBglitch3achievement.jpg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    ch 5-19X is a cunt.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    At last. Getting the timing right on the 3 gun emplacement section was probably the trickiest bit. And that bit where the gun emplacements shoot through the floor was tough to get consistently - until I figured out you only need to jump straight up and then drop through. There was much gnashing of teeth with this bollocks of a level. 

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Cleared the Dark levels of ch.5 then. I've A+ed the levels in Ch.6 (more quickly than I thought I would) and I'm onto 6-1X now. This will take a bit of time!!  :)

74% completed. But I have a pile of bandages to get. I've only got just over 50. Have 10/20 in ch.3 so I need to start looking at that too.  

Haven't found all the warp levels either - never mind cleared them. Still have some glitch levels to find and clear too.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Got the ch.1 Glitch level cleared which was very painful. Found this harder than the ch.3 glitch level.

Lots of pain and swearing in getting this - this was recorded after a longish session so temper was flared..

Have also cleared the first two Dark World levels of ch.6.  Onto 6-3X now.  

Got the 3-19X bandage which was nightmarish - it's the one with the collapsing platforms and guns aiming at you - bad enough doing it consistently never mind while also nabbing the bandage. Found some more ch.3 warp zones (one required the double jump version of MB to get to) On 60 bandages now.
  • Interesting.  I would've pegged Glitch 1 as a lot easier than some of the dark world stages you've been getting through recently (and certain bandages).
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Interesting.  I would've pegged Glitch 1 as a lot easier than some of the dark world stages you've been getting through recently (and certain bandages).

I couldn't get consistent on that first climbing section - took me an age to get that.

On the booze tomorrow - so might not get back to this until Sunday (or Monday!)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Picked up the last 3 bandages in ch.3.

Back at ch6-3X  That ain't happening today - still feeling a mite fuzzy. :)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Back at this.  ch6-3X has fallen. Two more to go and that's all the levels done bar Dark Final Boss....

Well apart from Cotton Alley that is!

Have started picking up bandages in ch.4 now. Have 5/7 light world and know where the other 2 are but they are nightmarish. :)

At 80% now.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Another bandage that you need the double jump MB for:- Dark 4-17. You can get to the bandage with MB but it's impossible to get back into the level proper.

Cleared a ch.4 warp with 2 bandages and have unlocked another character called Run Man - shaped like a star.

6-4X has fallen.  Just 6-5X and then onto the Dark World boss for a 2nd game completion.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!