Super Meat Boy etc - Forever is OUT NOW!
  • It's a good way to look at it but I still would've preferred more of the same from a sequel if I'm honest. Forever is the best runner I've played though, it really is superbly designed. The dark stages aren't as rewarding unfortunately - might be my lack of runner skills but they feel too hard too early, whereas Meat Boy gets everything right.

I remain convinced muzzy would like it if he got stuck in.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I wouldn't say no to a properly developed level extension pack for Meat Boy but it would need some new hazards introduced. Not too many - it's amazing what the devs achieved while being sparing with the gimmicks.  Hated those fucking big black mouths that chased you and exploded though.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I might give forever another go at some point, we'll see...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Just one more Cotton Alley light level to get A+ on. Of course that's the nightmarish level 20!  

Got another Dark Level notched up too.

To Do Checklist:

ch.5-1 warp
    ch.5-17X bandage
    ch.5-8X bandage
    ch.5-??X bandage
    ch.5 character warp to find
    ch.5 glitch warp

ch.6 glitch warp

ch.7-20 A+
    ch.7-9X, 7-10X, 7-13X thru 7-20X
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Getting past the 1st section of the ch.5 glitch zone. Dear God the next bit looks nightmarish.

Put some time in on the 5-1 warp. Getting a bit further but the precision demand is tight. Very misleading levels - they look so simple.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ahh, the memories...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    GGGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    at last.  Got the ch.5-8X bandage too. Had to look up which 2 levels had them in a guide - I KNEW IT WOULD BE IN 8!!!   :(   There's one in 5-18X but haven't found it yet. I had kind of hoped it wouldn't be in 18 because it's one those ones with a pile of bullets in it.....figures. I reckon I was in denial about it as I had searched the other levels high and low. I found the bandage in 5-17X myself and it will be no walk in the park either :)

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    ch.5-1 warp
    ch.5-17X bandage
    ch.5-8X bandage
    ch.5-18X bandage
    ch.5 glitch warp

ch.6 glitch warp

ch.7-20 A+
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Having a go at ch.5-1 warp. Progress is slow. Can't get consistent enough on that first level which is so misleading as to the precision required.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Got the ch.5-warp done.  I found the 1st section more difficult than sections 2 and 3.  It looks so innocuous too. Untold death count for this bloody thing. Another 2 bandages. 

Have still to find the character warp which I think is The Kid.  The ch.6 glitch warp has disappeared off the map - looks like I have to unlock it again. I hope that's not a bug and I will be able to .... it isn't that hard to unlock.

To do:-

ch.5-17X bandage
    ch.5-18X bandage
    ch.5-20X warp

ch.6 glitch warp

ch.7-20 A+
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    ch.5-18X bandage gone. Once you saw where it was it wasn't too bad!!!

3 bandages left.
    Making progress in the 5-20X warp. Getting the 2 bandages is OK - getting to the end of the 3rd section is quite another. :)

5-17X is going to be a grind. The bandage is behind a wall you have to trick a missile into taking out and then the rest of the level is of similar style . Royal pain in the hole!!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Last "normal" bandage got in 5-17X

The trick is figuring out how to get the missile to consistently aim for where the bandage is locked away. It's actually not that bad once you see how to do it.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    And there it is .... bandages 99 and 100....  Got the ch.6 glitch zone cleared too!

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Unlocked the Kid warp level in ch.5 Oh my. It's that one.  :)

Will move back to Cotton Alley now for a while.

To do:-

5-7 warp (!)

7-20 A+
    7-9X 
    7-10X 
    7-13X
    7-14X
    7-15X
    7-16X
    7-17X
    7-18X
    7-19X
    7-20X
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You're getting there mate!

Once those are done, iron man or gtfo
  • What do you have to do for iron man? I never went bandage hunting, just light & dark worlds.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Beat a chapter - all 20 levels - with no deaths. I've done ch.1 light world Iron Man.  I reckon I could do ch.1 Dark but that would be my limit.

smbCh1LIron.png
  • Yeah I've done the first chapter without dying but I'd have no interest in anything further than that.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Iron Man runs don't add to your game percentage. When/if(!) I hit 106% I'm done.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    7-10X done.

7-9X has me baffled. No idea how to do this. One of those vertical track levels - they throw you into the air but I can't see how I can avoid the buzzsaw above it.

Moved on - tackling 7-13X which is a real hand killer. It's a rising tide level and by far the toughest of its type yet. Exquisite touch and timing needed here... My hand is clawed...but I'm making progress with it.

Went back and redid ch.6 glitch level as it's such a nice tribute to the airship in SMB3. Wasn't recording when I cleared it first. I make heavier weather of it here than I did originally  :)

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    1hr + 2hrs today grinding fucking 7-13X.  Have been right to the end enough times.  95% of 3hrs has been spent just being fucking stupid. My hand is completely fucked.  This is the first real proper wall I have hit.
  • Keep at it. As a fairweather Meatboy fan I'm enjoying the progress updates.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Oh I will. In a weird way I am enjoying it. It's rare for me to find a game I will stick at like this.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    3hrs today and at least an hour last night ....

Short clip of the pain - I've selected a clip where I am one jump away - have maybe got here 3 or 4 times over the last 3 hrs of trying.

God help me....

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Earlier in the thread has me posting very similar vids lol. The pain, the pain!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yeah....your video of the kid warp levels. A nightmare that waits me.....
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I don't know what is keeping me at this game.

Level 13 of Cotton Alley Dark world.  Got it after another hour and 20mins of grind this evening.  That's over 5hrs trying to perform something that takes 21seconds.

I thought this level was going to defeat me because I had got to the point where a correct jump didn't feel any different to a wrong jump at a conscious level. Maybe that's were subconscious muscle memory really does kick in.

This is also the only time I have felt in the zone on a platformer. For short passages - there were times I was performing perfect sequences of jumps without really thinking about.

The time pressure is what made this so difficult of course - forcing to make a series of jumps where the margin for error is so small.

Thank fuck this is done.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I had to leave it yesterday. RSI was real possibility after the 1hr and 2hr sessions I put in on this one level on Saturday. Woke up with very slight pins and needles in my finger tips and stiffness in the right hand and soreness on the back of the hand. Probably gripping the pad too tight. Bastard of a game.

I'm at 104% now. So taking the 6% off for the glitch levels I've cleared that puts me at 98% "proper".

Still 9 levels of Cotton Alley to beat + The Kid Warp Zone.  109hrs on the game clock.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Got 7-9X done. Wasn't too bad in the end.

So Cotton Alley Dark 14-20 and Light 20A+ to do.

Had a another go at the The Kid Warp. Making some progress with that - can get half way through the first level without too much trouble. The transition to the second half with the horizontal passages is tough. Haven't quite figured it out yet. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!