The pit(figher)s - the worst games ever.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

Fantasia - jesus yeah. A real stinker - impossibly hard.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I remember being so hyped for South Park 64 and it being absolute bobbins. Fucked my head up more than the show ever could.

I seem to remember some magazine at the time sold its readers up the river by awarding the game 95% or something and giving it game of the month despite it being utter shite.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    I remember being so hyped for South Park 64 and it being absolute bobbins. Fucked my head up more than the show ever could.

I seem to remember some magazine at the time sold its readers up the river by awarding the game 95% or something and giving it game of the month despite it being utter shite.

Again - be a licence dodger and you can't go wrong. Actually Chef's Luv Shack wasn't bad for half an hour's larks with mates.

• NoM, surely. They gave everything 92PERCENTAGES.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    It's too hard to pick a top 10. It's hard enough to pick just one game and put that in context...

That said, Rise Of The Robots was a clear stinker. As was Zool (eww), US Gold's take on the Strider franchise... Gazza soccer (1 and maybe 2). Street Fighter 2 on the Amiga (How did they fuck that up!!?), and Alien Storm on the same system... 

Altered Beast on the Master System (a brick of shit), Daytona on the Saturn (nail in the coffin). Sonic Spinball (especially after Devil Crash which was mack. Or even Kirby's Pinball on the GBA). Where In Time Is Carmen San Diego on the NES was depressing (possibly the worst ever use of a games console). And... Oooo... One more...

Something modern and controversial maybe...

Skyrim? No... That makes sense... PROTOTYPE ONE & TWO. Yes...
    Those games were uber cynical, unoriginal, gimmicky and over engineered pieces of shit. Like a modern equivalent of Howard The Duck...

Yeah...

Most of these are games that I'd personally played, after some badger convinced me they were worth booting....
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • davyK wrote:
    Kazuo wrote:
    The original God of War is one of the most painfully boring games I've ever played.
    Thank the lord - I thought I was the only one. Gameplay consisted of mashing buttons - move to next fight - mash - puzzly bit / boss - then repeat. I didn't. I really wanted to like it - gave it a several attempts as I thought I was missing something.

I've tried several times at the request of a friend who insists it's one of the best series ever, but I can't get around how terribly dull it is; and I'm speaking as someone that loves the Dynasty Warriors games.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There is so much dross in the Wii's library of mini-game compilations and Wii fit wannabees that it needs its own thread.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    ONM gave South Park a 90% - I know this because it's on my box for it with a little "OFFICIAL NINTENDO MAGAZINE AWESOME" tag.

Because of my odd collecting with N64 games, I've played some absolute stinkers - War Gods anyone? - so my list would be fairly well populated with them.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Remember the Army Men games?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

Who wants to be a millionaire - the 1st version that didn't use the memory card to record which questions had been asked. Holy feck - and it sold by the bucketload.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

Daikatana was famous one - anyone fall for that one? Think it even had an N64 version!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I do indeed have that too
  • This is difficult because there are so few games that I randomly brought that were shit. I mean, when I was like 10 and I got some pocket money I would go and buy a £2 budget spectrum game on impulse because although I had only just started buying Crash, and I couldn't afford the full price games they reviewed. 

Fairly sure I got some stinkers, but hell if I can remember them after 20+ years. 

Games which I remember buying and seemed poo:

1. Street Fighter 2 - Amiga - All the mags raved on that it was a 100% arcade perfect port. Then you got it home and found out the horrible truth. 

2. G.A.S.P II Fighters Nexstream (or something) - N64 - Had customisable characters and possibly customisable move lists. Was terrible. 

3. Oblivion - The levelling mechanic alone was so retarded. I understood the concept fine, but enemies levelling up with you? Fuck off. How tough can a mud crab actually get? Also there was a tactic to play the game at low levels to keep the bad guys from being able to use magic which I recall made the game fairly piss easy. Also horse armour dlc - it all started here folks. 

4. Bioshock 2 - WHEN I STARTED COLLECTING EXACTLY THE SAME TONICS IN THE SAME ORDER AS THE FIRST GAME I SAID YOU CAN GET TO FUCK. Played for 2 hours, then never touched again. Fuck you Bioshock 2. You are the biggest disappointment of this generation.

5. Streetfighter x Tekken - It pains me to add this to the list. It really does. I think the mechanics are fine, and it was enjoyable for a short period  but Capcom absolutely killed it stone dead with the autoblock gems that were later released and mishandling the way they dealt with the DLC character issue. This was almost as disappointing as Bioshock 2.

That's all I can remember. Overlord (X360) comes close to making the list, but the little goblin guys are too awesome to hate.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I do indeed have that too

Excellent!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

Every attempt at Sonic in 3D.
  • Ghostbusters 2 (C64)

ghostbusters_ii_02.gif

15 minutes to load it and I could never get past the first level.

Rubbish.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    This is easy.

Devil May Cry 2.
  • davyK wrote:
    Every attempt at Sonic in 3D.

Now hush you, Sonic Adventure 2 remains something of a Dreamcast classic. Post-that I'll agree with you.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    ONM gave South Park a 90% - I know this because it's on my box for it with a little "OFFICIAL NINTENDO MAGAZINE AWESOME" tag.

The other South Park game on the '64, Chef's Love Shack, was a sort of Mario Party meets quiz show thing. I remember it getting favourable scores back in the day, turned out to be not much cop either.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    FEAR 2 will be on my list. Come at me, DS. NO NOT LIKE THAT.

You're dead meat mate, like that dog you probably ate when over there.
  • A friend of mine has been hosting 'SNES days' for around 18 months now, where three of us get together every now and then to pick random SNES games from the cart mountain in the corner of his room ("four along, seven down"), whilst eating pizza and drinking those cheap mini import lagers you get from supermarkets.  He spent many hundreds of pounds on his collection, everything arrived from Ebay boxed with the manuals (which he's carefully stored in the loft, so fear not collectors).  The rules are simple - every game must be played for at least ten minutes, and each title must be given a score out of 10.  We've made a spreadsheet and everything, where the scores have been converted to percentages because THAT'S HOW WE ROLL, and the following games are considered the worst of the 128 titles we've played so far:

George Foreman's KO Boxing: 8%
    Pit Fighter: 20%
    Home Alone 2: 22%
    T2: Judgement Day: 30%
    Virtual Bart: 30%
    Last Action Hero: 35%
    Itchy & Scratchy: 35%
    Boxing Legends of the Ring: 35%
    Revolution X: 47%
  • Mod74 wrote:
    This is easy.

Devil May Cry 2.

Well done.

Time to argue with Roujin again. Bioshock 2 is BETTER THAN BIOSHOCK. Of course, that opinion was genes after finishing it rather than after 2 hours.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    I remember the time when I was waiting for Repton to be delivered for my BBC B and it didn't arrive on time; I was gutted. 
    To console myself I scraped together my remaining funds and bought a game called Shadowfax from the local newsagents. It took a fucking age to load, was a pisspoor side-scrolling shooter with "Gandalf" on a "horse" and when you died you had to reload the entire game. I'm pretty sure there were tears. 

A couple of days later Repton arrived and I went from the utter dregs to a game that would keep me gaming to the present day. 

Fuck you, Shadowfax.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • I think the greatest proportion of my gaming vitriol over the years has been directed GTA4's way.

Obviously it wasn't rubbish, but for a game of nearly limitless potential it was totally crippled with faults and I was totally disappointed with it.

For some reason I'm still hopeful for 5.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I waited months for Rock n' Wrestle on the spectrum because the c64 version looked so good. It turned out to be an indescribably awful mess. Biggest disappointment ever.
    Bop-N_Wrestle_-_1985_-_Melbourne_House.jpg
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I do also own Superman N64

He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • R
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Relatively speaking, based on how much I was looking forward to it, GTA IV.
  • Recently I'd say Scribblenauts for screwing up such a glorious idea with horrendous controls
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    - Worms Armageddon (iOS). Any multiplayer game where the two views diverge and give different winners has serious questions to answer
     - Young Merlin (SNES). I was expecting another Zelda. It did not deliver. 
     - Gauge (iOS). Really? Meh. 
     - Star Wars Rogue Squadron (GC). My first GC game. Fortunately it picked up after that. 
     - Cooking Guide (DS). Weak gameplay.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!