The pit(figher)s - the worst games ever.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It was good for ten hours then its the exact same shit over and over again and why am I going to the past and the future pick one jeez.
  • FEAR 2, DS. FEAR FUCKING 2.

Agree about Assassin's Creed 2 though.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    What's wrong with FEAR 2?

The whole series is about the gunplay and the slow time mechanic, feck the story and such. 3 gets it very wrong in a lot of places, but there's still some good in there. 2 has excellent gun stuffs, so its a winner.
  • The gunplay is awful and boring and not as good as Quake 2.
  • FEAR 2 also has the best sequence in any FEAR game at the school
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Im with DS on Bayonetta. Im sure the mechanics are great but it really is presented in a loathsome fashion.

It is like being told you are about to get the best hand job ever, then they put on a glove of razor blades and dog shit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    If Bayonetta could cure any illness by playing it, and I had one of those illnesses where I'd die, I'd still ignore it.
  • Haha what the fuck

Ban requests all round, I agree.
  • We agree on Bayonetta.  I just didn't get it at all, and found it to be a button-mashy mess that I'd be embarrassed to be seen playing (which says a lot, considering I'll happily brandish a bright red 3DS XL amongst other things in public).  Struck me as a game snob's game; "oh, you just don't understand the clarity of the mechanics, and the structure of the fighting system."

Well, yes I do, it's all button mashing shit with sub-teenage anime overtones.  Anyway, Assassin's Creed 2 was good precisely because it wasn't the same all the time, unlike the first one.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    But it was, elm, climb this, or run there, or blend here, or fucking parkour for no actual sodding reason.
  • Elm most of the real game snobs I've hung with didn't rate it either. I am also a game snob, insofar as I am an everything snob.
  • Assassin's Creed 2 was great for two hours until you realised there was nothing more to it other than holding down a button and pressing forward. Combat, stealth, and the assassinations themselves were all laughably poor.

Also the plot. Jesus, the plot.
  • I did think enemy visual design was quite nice though (when I could actually see it), fair is fair.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Elm most of the real game snobs I've hung with didn't rate it either. I am also a game snob, insofar as I am an everything snob.

So who did like it?  This has shaken my belief system a bit.
  • Frosty wrote:
    Assassin's Creed 2 was great for two hours until you realised there was nothing more to it other than holding down a button and pressing forward. Combat, stealth, and the assassinations themselves were all laughably poor. Also the plot. Jesus, the plot.

Not at all, the first one you could pretty much traverse entire cities by holding RT+forward+A, so like every other problem with the first, they fixed that in 2.  If you did that you'd fall about 10 times and die; you needed to adjust speeds and vary your direction much more, rather than letting the AI pick the route for you like it did in the first game.

Combat was easy if you didn't pay any attention to it, but 10+ chained kills without taking a hit, using some of your extra features like sand throws, aiming for the achievements?  Much deeper than it needed to be.

I also liked the plot.  It'd make a good HBO miniseries.  I liked Ezio.
  • Some people. Some people liked it.
  • But it was, elm, climb this, or run there, or blend here, or fucking parkour for no actual sodding reason.

The reason for parkouring was so you could get past people.  Saying it was climb/run/blend/parkour is a bit like saying Far Cry 2 was drive/walk/run/shoot.  Sure, those were the key mechanics, but it was an excellent SP experience.  AC2 was probably a favourite of mine because I bought it, didn't play it for months, and then when I was surrounded by MP games I was extremely happy to find a lengthy, interesting, fun 30 hour SP game there.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Some people. Some people liked it.

Thos people are/were wrong.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Assassin's Creed 2 was great for two hours until you realised there was nothing more to it other than holding down a button and pressing forward. Combat, stealth, and the assassinations themselves were all laughably poor. Also the plot. Jesus, the plot.
    Not at all, the first one you could pretty much traverse entire cities by holding RT+forward+A, so like every other problem with the first, they fixed that in 2.  If you did that you'd fall about 10 times and die; you needed to adjust speeds and vary your direction much more, rather than letting the AI pick the route for you like it did in the first game. Combat was easy if you didn't pay any attention to it, but 10+ chained kills without taking a hit, using some of your extra features like sand throws, aiming for the achievements?  Much deeper than it needed to be. I also liked the plot.  It'd make a good HBO miniseries.  I liked Ezio.

Never played the first but if that's it "fixed" I dread to think about how bad it is. I also take it on the plot stuff we're supposed to ignore the Desmond bits?
  • The Desmond stuff picks up massively in Brotherhood.  In AC2, I just wanted it to finish so I could get back to the bits I was interested in.  It was better in AC2 than it was in AC1, again, though.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Brooks wrote:
    Some people. Some people liked it.

Thos people are/were wrong.

As wrong as the people who hate Far Cry 2.

• Yes, because none of this is objective.
  • Hmm. Bit of a struggle to come up with much, when you're paying you tend to avoid obvious stinkers and when you're pirating you don't care.

Sonic 3D - Saturn - The franchise was pretty much dead to me already, this was the funeral. Terrible idea.
    Manx TT - Saturn - I think playing it on a console exposed the weakness of the cabinet, but the timing was probably bad too. The competition was overtaking Sega at this point and they were losing their mojo as well.
    Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 - Volleyball worked in the first game, it didn't in this. That was fairly crucial.
    Various football games on the Megadrive, Saturn and Dreamcast. It seems like only EA and Konami ever get it right.
    Resistance 2 - PS3 - Throw out everything good about the first game and switch the focus to boss battles. A shocker.
    Assassin's Creed - Xbox 360 - The game play wasn't good enough to carry those mind numbing dialogue scenes and the daft plot.

I disliked LA Noire and there was a lot of problems, but I wouldn't go as far as shoving it in with this list. Lots of people completed it anyway. I think the hate can partly be put down to the universal love from reviewers.

Add me to those that thought re-spawning checkpoint soldiers hindered rather than helped immersion in Far Cry 2, very gamey.
  • Also in GoW there re some moves which require more input than triangle or X, thats too much depth imo.

Then of course you wouldn't enjoy Bayonetta! It's way too complicated for you. Requires more thought and dexterity than you like I imagine. It's not shit, it's just not your type of game.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    No.

To paraphrase your complaints of people not 'getting' Far Cry 2, playing Bayonetta as a button bashed without understanding the complexities of the combat system Is missing the point, playing it to see the story is pointless to as it is, like most Platinum games, about chasing the hardest difficulty and doing that whilst not getting hit. If that makes me a snob then it makes you a Far Cry 2 snob.
  • FLASH.

All you had to do in Bayonetta was bash the buttons.  I've done my level best to explain some of the interesting and intricate bits of Far Cry 2 numerous times, regarding the story, pacing, re-filling checkpoints, levels of aggression, sniping ability, the whole lot.  I'm yet to read anyone's similar comments on why the things I dislike about Bayonetta are actually worthwhile.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Also in GoW there re some moves which require more input than triangle or X, thats too much depth imo.
    Then of course you wouldn't enjoy Bayonetta! It's way too complicated for you. Requires more thought and dexterity than you like I imagine. It's not shit, it's just not your type of game.

It would be if it didn't look so bleurgh. I can do complicated if I deem the game worthy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!