The clumsy thread for clumsy people
  • Liver failure sure doesn't sound fun.

I'm not particularly accident prone but the walking into lampost stories made me remember when I was walking through town behind a group of guys in the prime of their youth. One called out to a group of girls going the other way and, half turning to keep up the chatter, walked into a conventiently groin-high bollard. After a good "Oof" he tried to carry on walking as though nothing had happened. It made me giggle.
  • Not clumsy but still fucking stupid....  I put super unleaded petrol in my diesel car earlier today.  The pump was black with a black handle and I went into autopilot.  Won't be making that mistake again...
  • It's a bit stupid having petrol come out of a black-handled pump. Not surprised you got it wrong.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    On what planet does anything other than diesel come out of a black pump?
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Planet Lips.

Petrol is Green, Diesel is Black, everybody knows that. I'm sure you'd have a case if you pursued it...
  • Not clumsy but still fucking stupid....  I put super unleaded petrol in my diesel car earlier today.  The pump was black with a black handle and I went into autopilot.  Won't be making that mistake again...

Texaco?
    They have the most confusing pump naming/colour system going.
  • Chopping greens for Sunday lunch and I managed to take the tip of my thumb off.  Its stitched back on now and hurts like a bastard.  I love cooking but have lost count of the fairly serious accidents that I have had when wielded either sharp knives or hot oil..
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I kneed myself in the face once.  I may have already said this.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    I kneed myself in the face once.  I may have already said this.
    I've done that too. :(

It was whilst playing footbah.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I have a safety ring that prevents this from happening.
  • I burnt my neck whilst ironing my shirt collar. On 2 separate occasions.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I made some mash the other month, but it was ready before the rest so I popped the pan in the oven to keep warm. Put it in thinking "I must not touch the handle with bare hands after". Then took it out thinking "I must not touch the handle with bare hands".

Put it on the stove, turned round. Turned back again and picked it straight up. Put a massive welt across my palm. Ouch.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    I burnt my neck whilst ironing my shirt collar. On 2 separate occasions.
    Pretty sure your doing it in the wrong order mate
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    How?
    I think it was in an attempt to tie a shoe.  From memory I went to swing my leg up onto the foot of a bed and perhaps in an effort to save time was already leaning forward.  There was blood but teeth intact.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Woah look at this thread I completely missed.

In my zeal to get in and seated at my fave ramen joint Saturday night, managed to bounce full headfirst into staircase ceiling and then collapse. I got up again really quickly though with no ill effects. Silk.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I've had what have appeared to be nasty falls but embarrassment causes adrenaline to kick in and I bounce to my feet saying "I'm alright!" with blood dribbling from an open wound.

I did fall into a fountain in Mildura at lunchtime once, could have done without that.  My greatest shame, other than The Incident, involved a bike, a small country town, high speed and about two hundred 16 year old girls.  Perhaps I'll retell it some day (it may be in here).
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    I made some mash the other month, but it was ready before the rest so I popped the pan in the oven to keep warm. Put it in thinking "I must not touch the handle with bare hands after". Then took it out thinking "I must not touch the handle with bare hands". Put it on the stove, turned round. Turned back again and picked it straight up. Put a massive welt across my palm. Ouch.

Did almost exactly the same thing with a frying pan when doing some fish. It had just been in the oven at 180 c for 5 minutes. Ouch!

A little tip, if you have a pan big enough, when you've done the mash rest it over a large pan of boiling/simmering water to keep it warm instead if in the oven.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just caught up with this thread and it's gold. I'm certainly closer to the Kazuo, Gremill, Moto end of the spectrum when it comes to clumsiness, in fact I'd go so far as to label the majority of you rank amateurs for this kind of thing.

In short order then, I've cracked my head open (I was running along and someone nudged me and I went sprawling into a climbing frame), broken my right foot in five different places (four of which were from wrestling, the fifth I believe happened at the same time as the sprain but was missed at the time), sprained my right ankle (I was standing on a table at school and someone decided to grab my left foot and pull me off it sideways) and broken my thumb (ran into a wall playing patball). There also may be a photo of me as a child in a medical textbook somewhere with a massive rash across my body caused by playing in and around a plant we had in the garden but which I can't remember the name of and which was the worst case of this the doctor had ever seen so he had to take some snapshots.

Of course, those are just the things I've been to hospital for, I've had many, many more minor incidents that I can recall including getting my leg caught between two planks on a rope bridge in an adventure playground for quite some time until I could be freed, falling out of a tree and getting my ankle caught on the way down and ending up trapped, upside down swinging from this tree and (perhaps the most painful of all the things that haven't seen me hospitalised), rolling out of bed when I was asleep. Doesn't sound too bad, but it was the top bed of a set of bunk beds and I landed back first on a Lego helicopter which was lying on the floor.

And all of this is before you even consider the campaign of accidental breakages I ran throughout my teenage years especially, the highlight of which was managing to tip over a Welsh dresser whilst trying to catch my brother's budgie to return it to its cage, upon which was carefully arranged all of my mum's fine bone china crockery. I don't think she spoke to me for a week after that.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Speaking of Welsh dressers full of crockery. I went to a job at a posh house once and had to drill a hole through the wall to feed a cable with one of them massive three foot drill bits. I got my measurements wrong and...well...you can fill in how that ended.
  • Lols all round.

I've wrenched my my right knee as I was getting into a taxi whilst drunk. Don't remember exactly what I did but I remember pain and then it was super swollen in the morning. Now it bothers me fairly regularly. Should be fun in old age.

I also drunkenly split my head open at a festival in France. That's what happens when you drink quickly after practically no alcohol for 3 months.

When younger I tried to do a handle bar twisting trick on my BMX but just landed with them sideways whereby I flew over the handlebars onto my face. Had a massive scab on my top lip that split and bled every time I smiled.

Another good one was when I used to play baseball and we were doing partner throwing practice. The coach stood behind me talking to someone and mentioned my name. I turned around when he did and when I turned back I copped a baseball in the eye. Black eye for ages.

I should never handle knives either as it generally doesn't end well.

We need the bike story Sker. Even I haven't heard that one.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I used to play baseball and we were doing partner throwing practice.

I'll admit I'm not the most knowledgable when it comes to sports, but I'm pretty sure that in baseball the only thing that gets thrown is the ball.
  • Not really clumsiness but Shabby's baseball story reminds me of my school cricketing days when I swung my bat back to take an almighty swipe at the ball and heard a sickening thud as I realised I'd accidentally smashed the opposition wicketkeeper in the face. There was blood everywhere and I'm pretty sure he lost a few teeth, our PE teacher laughed about it on the journey home which seemed a bit unprofessional. I also smacked one of our own players in the face with a cricket ball during practice when he stupidly decided to field right next to me at one of those silly mid-wicket field placings he'd seen on TV (ignoring the fact that professional cricketers wear helmets when fielding there).

Also whilst on the subject of my school sports days, once during an under-11's football match I stepped back to take a long throw-in and fell down a man-hole cover that no-one had bothered to close up. I also had to go to hospital after performing a sliding tackle in one Sunday league game and slicing my leg open from hip to knee on an arrow that'd been left behind by the archery team who used the pitches for practice.

EDIT: Forgot the the time I was almost crushed to death by a washing machine whilst returning from a game in the back of a teammates Dad's plumbers van. He went a bit sharp round the corner and I just saw this Zanussi coming right for me with no time to get out of the way.
  • This is why I don't do sport.  It's really bad for your health.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Indeed. On a related note, do you know how many smoking related injuries I've sustained? Zero.
  • I'll check back here in 20 years.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I bet you have lots of fag related injuries.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I can't catch and I am shit at the majority of sports, that's about it. 

I'm clumsy when I am drunk and in dark places tho.

I do stupid things when I'm tired, putting tea bags in the fridge then milk in a cupboard. That kind of thing.

Caught this thread last night for the first time ever, I concluded I bloody love this forum because of this thread.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I have absolutely zero jumping ability. I still have a scar on my right shin from when I flubbed up a jump as a kid.

Yes, I'm white.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!