Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Bike story will get an airing in good time.

I'm not incompetent coordination-wise; can knock about in cricket in an okayish fashion, can catch (middling at best) and kick (quite good actually, can cover 50 when fresh and with recent touch) a football, can shoot a bit in bball and played badminton (oo-er) competitively for a spell years back, BUT, I have a habit of banging my hands and toes into things at least once a day and painfully once a week.  Took the skin off the back of my foot stepping out the shower the other day, bled like a bastard.  My brother is the more athletically gifted hand-eye wise but my claim to fame was being a 13 year old snooker prodigy who was ousted from his haunt due to petty jealousy.  Won a few tourney's though, beat a cocky skinhead 10 years my senior who acted in a rather threatening manner when he lost the final.  Thread is now about my successes on felt.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • That explains the glasses at least.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Planet Lips. Petrol is Green, Diesel is Black, everybody knows that. I'm sure you'd have a case if you pursued it...

In America, it's the other way around.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Scored an OG in football today. Clumsy as fuck.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    That explains the glasses at least.
    I am often mistaken for he.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • I am extremely clumsy, and can barely get through a day without walking into something, poking myself in the eye, or similar trivial act of stupidity.  (There is a reason I didn't go near surgery as a career.)

A couple of my finest moments...  (Apologies if I've posted them before.)

As a teenager I was once playing in an old recreational ground next to a major road.  I was attempting to hide, and so climbed a tree at the very edge of the park.  Predictably the branch I'd chosen as my nest broke, and I dropped from the sky onto the bonnet of an AA van, before rolling over the van, and being deposited on the road behind it.  Somehow I survived without any major injuries, and instead just stood in the middle of the road hysterically screaming apologies to the already terrified driver.  (Who then took me home, and spent the rest of the afternoon with my father drinking whiskey.)

Much more recently I was helping my step-dad do some renovation work on my Mum's house.  It's an old courthouse (bought from the council for a pittance as it was fallling down), and has a rather amazing flat roof.  I was given the not particularly complicated task of taking a load of breeze blocks from one end of the tarpaulin strewn space to the other.  I set off with 3 breeze blocks awkwardly piled up in my arms, and made a direct path to the other end of the roof.  About half way I had what I can only describe as an Elmer Fudd moment.  It suddenly occurred to me that there was a skylight somewhere on the roof.  By extension I realised that it must be beneath one of the tarpaulins.  In fact I concluded, it was under the one I was standing on.  At which point gravity kicked in, the skylight cracked, and I plummeted, into their brand new bathroom, landing somewhat awkwardly onto the concrete floor, breeze blocks exploding in plumes of dust around me.  (Through sheer luck there was a head sized gap between the new sink and toilet which meant that I avoided braining myself on either.)  As I lay there, practicing wiggling my toes, and wondering what the phenomenal pain in my arm was, my step-dad appeared by my side asking what, if anything he could do.  I politely directed him towards the massive piece of glass, hanging by a single piece of wire from the shattered skylight above, threatening to impale me Omen style.

Again, somewhat amazingly I avoided having any major injuries.  I had a pretty nice slice through my elbow (about which there is another story) and my back has never been quite right since, but all in all I was damn lucky to get away with it...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    You should be dead.
  • Skerret wrote:
    You should be dead.

It has been said.

I once sat down with one of my housemates and listed all the times I arguably should have died.  (Through accidents or illness).  We got to a grand total of 10...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Sorry, didn't read the long post.  Should I?
  • Skerret wrote:
    Sorry, didn't read the long post.  Should I?

Short version - I fell onto a van once.  Another time I fell through a roof.  I am still alive. Snooker, sadly, did not feature.
  • You're a very lucky man, t_r. That roof story is scary.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I did read, however I have failed to yuk.  I succeeded at yukking badly if anything.
  • Probably would have been sensible to leave the skylight untarpaulined. I say that this accident wasn't an accident at all. Rooves and accident-prone people surely do not mix. Add in breeze blocks and something bad's bound to happen. It were sabotage!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That skylight story is hilarious. At least it is knowing you're alright.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Who would benefit most from your death 'bot?
  • Skerret wrote:
    Who would benefit most from your death 'bot?

All of mankind quite possibly.

I was uninsured, and pretty much independent at the time, so few would have benefitted directly.  However the step-dad in question used to be my maths teacher in primary school (and the teacher in the school that every child feared).  It's possible that it was all an elaborate pay-back for my 10 year old self's mathematical incompetence...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Did he take the opportunity to point out that if you'd paid a bit more attention to your geometry skills it might never have happened?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Have I posted in this thread? I dunno.

Anyway, when we had the pub, I'd spend my days behind the bar slowly getting pissed as the regulars flowed in and out. My mam would pay a guy in pints to chop the wood for our fire. Quiet day one time, so I wandered out back for a chat. In a drunken stupor, I'd thought it'd be good to help pick up the chopped wood for him. While he was still cutting it. Cue me falling over, and the axe missing my head by about half an inch.

Oh how we laughed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!