PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This sounds fun
  • Oi, PS3 folks, I need to take you down online for a trophy! Stop disappearing! Now 74% complete.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sorry I had to bail, sat playing Duplo with a wide awake son....
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Jesus that Bently is fucking awful. So is Burning Rubber. Lens flare + particle effects x traffic = pain.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I had fun. Didn't realise there was more than just races. Amaze.
  • It's flaws were glaring last night, alcohol only intensifies this. Not very good post pub playtime, hope they patch or MP may sink like it did with HP.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My biggest issues, as I ranted to IR, Gav Et al, are still with the appalling rubber banding, specifically on Most Wanted races.
  • Sign posting, checkpointing, all needs addressing. Because of the added chaos of traffic and the built up environment, you can barely afford a glimpse at the minimap, but the lousy visual clues as to where you're heading means you cannot not look at the map. I feel Midnight Club LA nailed the racing in an open city better, whereas this is more visceral and raw. Rubber banding pretty poor in both though.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • There does seem to be more traffic collisions in the on-line MP, which doesn't help. Not sure if they've actually increased the traffic for the lulz or if the front runners are causing the traffic to bunch up in ways that they don't in the single player. It doesn't half feel unfinished though.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Quick, everybody do Liberty Park in the Raptor. It's the best example yet of how utterly, depressingly shit the police are in this. Every time you lose them and head for a garage a cop car spawns there. It's incredibly poor.
  • I'm starting to get the feeling that not every single car is available from the get go - I've been playing for quite a while now (although I haven't done that many actual races yet) and whenever I find a new jack point it just seems to have a car I already own at it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    There's only 40 odd cars, but those cars have multiple jack points.
  • Like seriously, just an afternoon of play testing would have thrown up 80% of the flaws that make this game FUCKING ANNOYING at times. Just 30 minutes on Needle Point tells you the cops aren't a challenge, they're just fucking irritating. I'm trying to set an average speed, if I'm travelling at 180 mph in one direction, why the fuck do I want police cars coming at me at speed in the opposite direction? Rotten.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Have you noticed how it's randomised what they do as well. At the start of Needle Point they either fly in and miss you, fly in and drive next to you or fly in and hit you. Annoying to have to restart after 3 seconds.

Once one came in, missed me, hit the central reservation then flew 100 feet into the air.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, the very beginning of Needle Point is a bastard. Completely random whether you make it past the car that comes from the right or he totals you. There's also a slight chance of the oncoming copper Webbins is talking about immediately after it too. 

Needle Point is still much better than Liberty Park in the Raptor though.
  • regmcfly wrote:

Every car has 3 jack points IIRC. It's useful later on when you're trying to do all the races for each car. Instead of driving across the map, just select a closer jack point for that car, near the race start.
  • Yeah, the very beginning of Needle Point is a bastard. Completely random whether you make it past the car that comes from the right or he totals you. There's also a slight chance of the oncoming copper Webbins is talking about immediately after it too.  Needle Point is still much better than Liberty Park in the Raptor though.

If you're using the Bugatti, it might hit you. In the Agera you're well past that point before they appear! It does, occasionally, spawn a head on SUV just after that. The Bugatti version of the race is easily the hardest so far.
  • I think I swerved over to the left hand road, and it didn't spawn as I confused it
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Ali wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Every car has 3 jack points IIRC. It's useful later on when you're trying to do all the races for each car. Instead of driving across the map, just select a closer jack point for that car, near the race start.

That would be good if there was any quick way to tell which car was closest to the objective.
  • Yeah that is a bit shit. But once you've done a race once you can jump to it in any car, right?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    They you can just jump in the car that meets the race restrictions is great. Not knowing which is closest less so.
  • I've only been playing this for a few hours, so I could be wrong, but don't you only ever have to drive to a race once?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Each car has five races associated with it. The same races (but in a different cars) come up multiple times.

If there's 40 cars that's 200 events, but there's only about 20 or so discrete races.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    adkm1979 wrote:
    I've only been playing this for a few hours, so I could be wrong, but don't you only ever have to drive to a race once?
    Give that man a prize. You only have to drive to the races or challenges you've never done before, after that you can just select to start the race immediately whatever car you're driving.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    ha! I completely missed the 'to' at the end of adkms post.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Christ this game is exciting. Just had another hour, that's about all my eyes can manage for now. Awesome stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Just need to get dark souls done and I'll be on this I think. Expect there are some speedy times in my autologous by now... hope you'll all still be playing when I beat them :-)
  • Polished off the last most wanted cars. I'm still not enjoying it as much as HP. There's too much stuff getting in the way of Autolog fun.
    Always feel like I could go find a better car than put in a better lap. Hoping to get that out of the way now
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Its keeping dark souls out the drive
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Bit of a chore doing all 200 races at times. After having the Agera, everything else seems painfully slow.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!