Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Have you done Liberty Park in the Raptor yet Ali? I just can't do it so my progress towards getting gold on all races has came to a halt and I've not played it since. Any tips would be appreciated.

If I can't finish it I'll probably just leave this for Friday night MP sessions, if no one shows up for those then fuck it.
  • I've done that, took me a few goes mind. In the end I headed up towards the building with the arches, as the cops find it tough to follow you and you can hide there.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've been up there a load of times, there's always a cop that follows me just within the circle no matter what speed I'm going at. If I slow down to try and take him down he slows down too, if I boost away after a right angle turn he puts his foot down and keeps up with me. Annoying.
  • It is a bitch as the Raptor is so slow. I think I just 180 at the start and go over the big jump as they sometimes fuck up.
  • I'm doing the cars in alphabetical order! Will try the Raptor though, and see how it goes. I take it it's an Ambush race? I hate all of those!
  • Yeah Ambush. I'm doing them in alphabetical too! Going to do all the cars I've got then see if I'm missing some. Got 101 of the Jack Points now.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fuck me I was doing it alphabetically too. It seemed like a nice way to randomise what car you're using next but keep track of what you've done.
  • I've done the Raptor Liberty race, was struggling the same so ditched it and unlocked the aero body, track tyres, etc. in the other races to give you more of an edge. Left the Liberty race till the end and cracked it first go.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Yeah Ambush. I'm doing them in alphabetical too! Going to do all the cars I've got then see if I'm missing some. Got 101 of the Jack Points now.

Not far off now. Think there are 139. Of which you have to find 109?
  • Only got one jack spot to find and a clutch of security gates and billboards, the urge to use a guide is growing. Fair few races to grind for the 100% but then that's about it. This may go in for a cheeky Horizon trade as MP probably hasn't got the legs and I hardly think the DLC will inspire much. If this gets patched, it will come too late to improve the SP for me, another reason to detest this release now, patch later culture we are having the misfortune to be exposed to.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Well, I tried the Raptor Ambush race and did it first time. Got very lucky though. Pulled a good few loops round the park, ended up where I started, headed right through the garage after I got to cooldown and that got me to level 1. Was stuck at the U bend round the back of the park with police coming both ways yet just managed to scrape the win!
  • At some point I'ma need a session for the MP achievements if anyone else needs them? Will need to organize a bit in advance due to my little one.
  • Ali wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Yeah Ambush. I'm doing them in alphabetical too! Going to do all the cars I've got then see if I'm missing some. Got 101 of the Jack Points now.
    Not far off now. Think there are 139. Of which you have to find 109?

Not sure, but sounds about right.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Only got one jack spot to find and a clutch of security gates and billboards, the urge to use a guide is growing. Fair few races to grind for the 100% but then that's about it. This may go in for a cheeky Horizon trade as MP probably hasn't got the legs and I hardly think the DLC will inspire much. If this gets patched, it will come too late to improve the SP for me, another reason to detest this release now, patch later culture we are having the misfortune to be exposed to.

Wha.
  • Webbins wrote:
    This may go in for a cheeky Horizon

Horizon is really growing on me.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'd like to hold on for a patch, but I don't hold out much hope for the MP in this drastically improving. It's all gone very quiet, not that there's anything completely broken, it's just all a bit rough.

Horizon does seem to have come out ahead based on opinions here, but a price drop can't be far off for it now.
  • MP isn't much different from Burnout Paradise, and everyone loved that.
  • I wasn't mad about it myself, but I'm sure it was technically more solid. If you're going for 30fps these days, it needs to be rock solid.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    It's like Paradise but passed through some sort of modern day licensed car gritty filter. Mechanically it's similar, spiritually it seems miles away.

Same thing EA did to OverStrike, now I think about it.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Webbins wrote:
    Only got one jack spot to find and a clutch of security gates and billboards, the urge to use a guide is growing. Fair few races to grind for the 100% but then that's about it. This may go in for a cheeky Horizon trade as MP probably hasn't got the legs and I hardly think the DLC will inspire much. If this gets patched, it will come too late to improve the SP for me, another reason to detest this release now, patch later culture we are having the misfortune to be exposed to.

Wha.

I know lad, but as fun as driving off the edge of a cliff repeatedly for a 'challenge' is, the racing for me doesn't compare to HP. I'm not getting the same thrill of the chase, heart thumping excite, I'd rather play the former or get Teh Blur or PGR4 warmed up.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Aye. I'm gonna keep hold and chip away, I can't play for longer than an hour before my eyes sting. I like it. Do fancy horizon though.
  • I'm not feeling the B&B love for this.  Worth me buying an online code for?
  • No.
  • It's an odd one. First impressions were good apart from a few doubts about the frame rate. There seemed like so much to do, then you do it all in a week and you're left with the very flat MP. There is the prospect of everything that's missing showing up as DLC, but I'll pass on that.
  • I need to stop buying EA games. They are constantly releasing buggy, untested and unfinished games and I'm rewarding them for it. Pity their devs that are knowingly unleashing these undercoded works and having to bust guts to get them in some form of playability for the deadline, and then spend the ensuing months playing catch up to get patches ready.
  • Thanks guys, think I'm gonna swerve this.
  • I really like this game. But im a dog and can't drive in real life. So this is win win for me.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah. This game has flashes of genius but is buggy, a bit busted and suffers from flaws that should have been solved in QA. I like it but I don't love it.

A little disappointing.
  • I want my Forza Horizon back :(
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I may trade this in for Forza actually, despite having not played it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!