Need For Speed
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    The update indeed changed something. It injected all those cars that lead to the store which is quite annoying and no way of turning the content off.

Seriously considering reinstalling it and taking it offline as play was getting interrupted every ten mins or less about there being an update. 

Otherwise, ok.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Yeah, the AI is insanely aggressive I'm kinda finding myself skipping out of the cop chase missions those things are unreal if you make a wrong turn. Still having fun though.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Aye, the cop chases are the worst of what I consider a very underwhelming game. Far too aggressive and unbelievably clairvoyant. Biggest disappointment this gen, especially coming off the back of Hot Pursuit.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    No photo mode. What is it with them?
  • It has the stench of underdevelopment, the whole sorry affair clocks in at under four gig on 360. NFS returning to the lacklustre brand it once was, what with this and The Run. I have no hope for Rivals, I've not even looked.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i think rivals looks good from what little ivseen of it.

most wanted was most fun with a full lobby of folks racing and doing challenges.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • So now we know that it's being developed by a good chunk of Criterion staff, and the fact it looks like Hot Pursuit: Autumn Life! Expansion Pack, I've got a sneaky feeling this could be a £20 belter come January.

Anyone else interested now?
  • I have traded in HP but would be willing to get my hands on it again. Such a good game.

I really hate Most Wanted
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Aye, after shelling out for the tsunami sized disappointment that was MW, I've hung my driving gloves up on any further NFS, Criterion or otherwise.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Aye, after shelling out for the tsunami sized disappointment that was MW, I've hung my driving gloves up on any further NFS, Criterion or otherwise.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was disappointed with this. It is still a solid racer but Fairhaven was forgettable (and I've played it extensively across two platforms) in comparison to Hot Pursuit's map and Burnout Paradise's. I found a lot of the event types to feel uninspired by comparison, as well. There's probably a lot more that I'm missing out, it's been a long time since I last played it. Wish I didn't pass on Forza Horizon now.

On a related note I was surprised at how changed Most Wanted U felt: having all cars unlocked from the beginning alongside Nitrous made it feel far less of a grind and more of a game where the world is your Oyster: you could pick any challenge you wanted and progress to Most Wanted your way.
  • Anyone played the latest Need for Speed: Heat ?

I've ordered a copy from Currys for £29.99

Can we change thread name so its Need for Speed and not Most Wanted please
  • Who was fronkhead?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I considered an Origin Access sub just so I could play Heat but I never got around to it.  Let me know how it goes, Dino.

Also, who was fronkhead?!
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • My copt of NOS Heat had arrived. Will be firing this up tonight. Hopefully its like the underground series back in the day of the original xbox
  • So what car do i start with? 65 Mustang? Or 96 nissan 180sx ? or a 88 bmw e30 M3 ?
  • Beemer.

Don't expect Underground levels of brilliance, its just a very 7/10 Racer this time round imo.
  • Yeh so far underwhelming. I dont like the day stuff. Night is better. Went with the mustang first, then restarted the gaem cause i hated it. The went with beemer. I know its early days in the game but the sense of speed isnt there. Maybe that will come later as cars get faster. I really did loce the underground series. So good to play.
  • This is growing on me. Still stuck with my beemer. Its probably the best NOS of this generation but that isnt saying much about the others. Looks like the holy trinity of Underground, Underground 2 and Most Wanted wont be repeated again.
  • Skeet skeet skeet mother fucker, skeet skeet skeet forever.
  • Best "urban/mods" racer since Underground 2 was arguably Midnight Club 3, imo. Brick hard at times though. The most ruthless opponent AI.
  • I dunno how i didnt play a Midnight Club game. Just looked it up on youtube. Lookedike something i would have enjoyed.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Midnight Club was such an amazing game.
  • It's on the Xbox One backwards compatibility list if you ever end up with one. I'm sure yer just PS4 aye Dino?
  • It's on the Xbox One backwards compatibility list if you ever end up with one. I'm sure yer just PS4 aye Dino?

Yeh just ps4 though got a xbox 360.
  • Oh it's definitely worth hunting down then. You'd love it.
  • It’s not, you won’t
    The Forum Herald™
  • A quick look at racing games of past gen made me realise. 1) i need to actual play split/second. I have the game. 2) picel junk racers looks fun. 3) motorstorm apocalypse looks fun. Whatever happen to that series btw?

Also is forza horizon 4 the best forza game?
  • In order

Yes split second is the last great arcade racer

Never played pixel junk

Motostorm apocalypse was good but the career was teeth nashingly frustrating even more so than one. Two was the sweet spot. If I recall correctly they made driveclub oh dear.

2 has the best career 4 has the prettiest graphics and I’ve not played 3 until cex reopens
    The Forum Herald™
  • Forgot ive got driveclub to complete as well. Might pinch my brother in laws ps3 one day to play the motorstorm games.

I loved supercars 2 on my amiga and off road racing on the NES. There was a isometric indy car racing game on amiga i liked as well. Shame isometric car games arent made anymore.
  • Play 2 it’s amazing and skip the rest
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!