Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hahaha, brilliant, ask for them to press charges
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Immense satisfaction reading that, Pop. Turn the screw.
  • Taking my car in to the bodyshop first thing this morning, then I’m phoning the Police with my ‘new evidence that has come to light’.

28g5q4.jpg
  • Ye gods I hope this turns out the way we all want it to turn out, the kind of chink of light we need in these dark times, you must keep us updated
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Send the photos to @livdiv so he can 3d model them, and then animate them proving that it was the daughter all along, then present your evidence using gazelles VR headset to the officers. There'll be no denying it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Brilliant twist.
  • This is still shit for me, the garage have already told me they think my car is likely to be written off (and it’s the cherished car my Stepdad left me when he died).

But hopefully I now know whose fault it was and they’re not going to get away with it scot free.
  • Yo Poppo, although it might be a write off, I assume it's only a CAT D write off because the cost to fix is more than the car's worth. If you wanted to you could still repair it and get it back on the road again. 

Sucks though. If some little shit hit my car and fucked off and then turned out to be the daughter of my neighbour accusing me of damaging their own car I'd be fucking raging.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Roujin wrote:
    Yo Poppo, although it might be a write off, I assume it's only a CAT D write off because the cost to fix is more than the car's worth. If you wanted to you could still repair it and get it back on the road again.

Yep. At my own expense (I’m guessing, based on what’s damaged, well over a grand’s worth of work). Thanks to Mrs hit-and-run.

I’m really fed up with this. Fifth time some fucker has hit one of my cars and driven off since I moved here. So far I’ve only managed to catch one of them. I’m hoping this makes two.
  • It will only be a Cat D refistered if it goes through the insurance though yes? My Corrado got pranged and they tried to write it off until I argued how much they undervalued it. Sent loads of private piston heads and auto trader classifieds and they eventually gave in.

It may be worth trying to agree with the body shop what price it will be and offer to pay the extra 25 % that the insurer won't pay to get around it?

I guess it all depends on whether you are ever going to sell it on. Cat D will depreciate its sell on value but if you're keeping it I guess that doesn't really matter.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I’m not worried about my options for sorting the car out. I’ve been through this sort of thing plenty of times with plenty of cars. I’m just annoyed and disappointed by fuckers doing hit and runs on my nice cars again.

If you hit a parked car, take responsibility you utter shitrags.
  • Absolutely, I'd be fuming! Sorry if that came across as if you wouldn't have a clue, that was not my intention!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • No slight on you Eric, don’t worry!
  • Poprock, now you know who did it and have evidence what happens next? Do you get back in touch with the police or do you gonto your neighbour and tell them their daughters insurance has to pay for the damage as you have evidence of her crime? Genuine question as im curious what the procedure is from here.
  • I talk only to the Police. If the Police decide that she was the perpetrator, then at that point I tell my insurers.

I do not have evidence. Just a hunch based on one (unrecorded) conversation and some potential corroboration, which could just as easily be a coincidence. I’m not an expert, etc etc.

Right now, I have a damaged car and no known perpetrator of the incident. So the plan is that my insurers pay to fix the car and charge me the excess. Just as if I’d caused an accident myself. This is why hit-and-run artists are arseholes.

The second car, behind mine, is in the same situation. They want to take their car to Audi and have it checked over for hidden damage. Their insurer will pay for that, and any repairs, and charge them the excess. They had been hoping to charge my insurer, claiming it was my fault – so that they wouldn’t have an excess to pay. Nae chance, bucko.

If the Police decide that the daughter and her car caused the accident, as I suspect, then things change. She’s responsible, so both insurers will chase her insurance for all costs incurred, she will have to pay her excess, and both her Mum and I would pay nothing.
  • Good luck
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob, as a car salesman any thoughts on the Civic Type R and the Kia Stinger GT ? Or they cars you've not dealt with personally?
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Bob, as a car salesman any thoughts on the Civic Type R and the Kia Stinger GT ? Or they cars you've not dealt with personally?

My best mare is thr Hknda dealer

My first thought would be residuals on the stinger
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Bob, as a car salesman any thoughts on the Civic Type R and the Kia Stinger GT ? Or they cars you've not dealt with personally?

My best mare is thr Hknda dealer

My first thought would be residuals on the stinger

Had your mate said whether the type-R is drivable on british roads or whether the wheels need changing to 18inch or 19 inchs? More than a few people on the type-r forums said 20inchs and the low profile tyres on uk roads result in bent alloys.

Was mulling over a used approved stinger on a pcp. Just mulling it over mind.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    We are firing up our car every 3 weeks since we don't need to use it at all, I'm running to the supermarket to be fit (a slow process) but is there anything else I should be doing? We have literally not fired up the car on the road since march.
  • Just move it a bit next time you fire it up, so the wheels rotate a wee bit. Makes sure you don’t get flat spots on the tyres from standing still months on end.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    My best mare is thr Hknda dealer My first thought would be residuals on the stinger
    Had your mate said whether the type-R is drivable on british roads or whether the wheels need changing to 18inch or 19 inchs? More than a few people on the type-r forums said 20inchs and the low profile tyres on uk roads result in bent alloys. Was mulling over a used approved stinger on a pcp. Just mulling it over mind.

He hasn't but I can ask. The roads here are even worse than the UK. It is a weapon, Personally it's a bit over styled for me? What about the Focus RS? or ST? or what ever it is now.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    My best mare is thr Hknda dealer My first thought would be residuals on the stinger
    Had your mate said whether the type-R is drivable on british roads or whether the wheels need changing to 18inch or 19 inchs? More than a few people on the type-r forums said 20inchs and the low profile tyres on uk roads result in bent alloys. Was mulling over a used approved stinger on a pcp. Just mulling it over mind.

He hasn't but I can ask. The roads here are even worse than the UK. It is a weapon, Personally it's a bit over styled for me? What about the Focus RS? or ST? or what ever it is now.

I was thinking type-R in part because of the residuals and because its not as popular as the German brigade. Plus if you look at used Evos or WRX STI they are still expensive cars even now. Foucs RS used prices will probably go up now that ford have stopped making them anymore.

Kia Stinger (used) appealed as its more grown up. Plus there the kia 10 year warrenty on the powertrain and the 5 year warranty (ok less if used) on the rest of the car. Plus you dont see many about and they are a head turner.
  • You don’t see many about for a reason
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I don't have a thing for cars and growing up in America had a particular hatred for the Honda civic lads in the early 00s (Pontiac grand am for lief)

But I've just come back from a run and I saw a 2018 civic and it looks like a damn robot / transformer and now I want one.

For context, here is my boring ass meriva

RbWsk86.jpg
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I don't have a thing for cars and growing up in America had a particular hatred for the Honda civic lads in the early 00s (Pontiac grand am for lief)

But I've just come back from a run and I saw a 2018 civic and it looks like a damn robot / transformer and now I want one.

For context, here is my boring ass meriva

RbWsk86.jpg

The typeR are very cool and the best fwd cars you can buy. They are fantastic to drive (i have test driven one for 15 mins).

I want one as well reg
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I want to know if pops had an update on his hit and run?
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    The typeR are very cool and the best fwd cars you can buy.

I’ll just say that I dispute that, but I don’t think it’s worth arguing about.

I want to know if pops had an update on his hit and run?

Not much to update really. 

The good news is that the garage have told me they’re ‘hopeful’ that they can get the repairs done within the insurer’s usual limit – so they don’t think it’ll be written off. No guarantees, but they’re hopeful.

The bad news is that the Police have closed the case. Without witnesses or hard evidence, there’s nothing they can do apart from approach the owner of the suspect car and ask whether they did it. Obviously, the owner said no. 

The investigating officer is sympathetic, but can’t do anything more. Can’t even go door-to-door asking neighbours whether they saw anything – covid-19 rules prevent them from doing that for less serious crimes.

Apparently the conversation with the suspect went like this:

“Have you had any car accidents recently?”
    “No.”
    “There have been reports of an incident in front of your home on 6th May, where a vehicle reversed into another. That definitely wasn’t you?”
    “I’ve never reversed into anyone. I’ve got parking sensors, how could I do that?”
    “Okay. Can you explain the damage to the rear of your vehicle then?”
    “Damage? Rear? Oh, er … What? I don’t know what you’re talking about. I have parking sensors.”
  • Surely at that point he could have shown her a picture of the damage
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!